PDA

View Full Version : eating poo

Joannie
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
My little Bitsey[doxie] has been eating poo I know there is a medical reason for this but don'y know what it is, anyone have a idea? I have to see my vet today about another problem I will ask her also. Thanks Joann

lemongirl134
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Its really not that unusual...its a vitamin deficiency in most cases. Both my dogs try to eat out of the cat litter box, ewwwww :eek: lol! Just ask your vet, shell probobly say the same thing and then shell give you a multi vitamin for the dog. Hope everything goes well!

ashleycat
04-05-2006, 04:42 PM
When I first got Charlie, he had diarreah. He was also eating his poo. I started feeding him Imes(sp) and it was getting tougher and he eats it less. TG, cus I really don't like poo smellin breath all in my face.

dab_20
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
When I first got Charlie, he had diarreah. He was also eating his poo. I started feeding him Imes(sp) and it was getting tougher and he eats it less. TG, cus I really don't like poo smellin breath all in my face.

If you mean Iams, my dogs eat that too. Most people on here do not like Iams, but it's better then some foods. It's normal for dogs to eat there poo sometimes, but I think those vitamins will help.

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Many dogs eat dog poop, sometimes even their own as we found out during Wintertime when our rotti-mix Greta would try bringing "poopsicles' indoors! :rolleyes: Many petstores carry a product called "Forbid" which you mix into the dogs food (wet food I would think) and it makes the end product unpalatable. ;) No thanks to any kissies until this behaviour ends right? ;)

Lori Jordan
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
ya know what my vet said to me with my guys doing that they say it is a dominece thing.....i was like oook groose

lisahumphreys882
04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Are you sure it's a medical reason because many dogs do this. I think some do it for attention as well. When your dog does this just make a distraction, Ex. clapping, "no", etc.

Camie Heuer
04-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Granted it's gross!
But I think it lies on the lines of food not quite digested in the poop that attracts dogs, like eating grass..
There's a reason I just havent pin pointed it yet!