PDA

View Full Version : Very Cool - Eagle Nest Live Streaming Video

Russian Blue
04-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I just saw this on my local news. A company from L.A. has placed a camera in an eagle's nest in British Columbia and you can watch and listen live. The eagles have already mated and the chicks should hatch on April 25th or 26th.

Here is the original site, but for some reason I can't get the video to work for me from here:

Eagle Nest Video Site 1 (http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/)

I'm able to view it at this link:

Eagle Nest Video Site 2 (https://lastream001.galaxytelevision.net/hh001)

They are having over 2 million hits a day so the site might be slow at times. They also have a message board and someone on there said their cats are so intrigued by the eagles and the sounds. Stay away cats, this bird can come by and eat you! So don't get that brave since you're behind a computer monitor. ;)

I can't wait until the eggs hatch. Enjoy!

king2005
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I've been watching them for a week now :) I LOVE it when they stretch out & ever so gently move on the legs so they wont step on the eggs.

There are 2 eggs under the adult.

Cheshirekatt
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
We're so lucky...we've got an eagle nest not two miles from our house. The mated pair of eagles (George and Martha) have babies every year. Last year they had three and when one of the babies was standing on the side of the nest stretching his wings he broke the nest and it fell out of the tree! I was sooooooooo bummed.

Not two months later it was all rebuilt and they were in it again. One time an eagle flew righ tover the top of my car with a trout, taking it back to the nest.

Fender963
04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow that really is awesome.

AbbyMom
04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
That is SO COOL! I could only get site 1 to work. I'll try site 2 again later.

THANKS!

QueenScoopalot
05-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Overdue for a *bump*! The chicks are here...too cool watching the parents feeding the eaglets!!!! :eek: :) Turn up your volume so you can here how peaceful it all sounds....until the eagle parent returns with fresh food. :D

Lori Jordan
05-13-2006, 02:55 PM
That is Facinating !!!

Jessika
05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm trying to watch it but they're kinda boring right now... lol

slick
05-13-2006, 03:06 PM
We "Westerners" have had our eye on this website for couple of months. The camera used to point at another nest and we were able to see the Mom and Dad taking turns laying on both the eggs. Sadly, neither of the chicks hatched and we think the parents knocked the eggs out of the nest because they knew there was something wrong. All speculation, of course.

Now they have the camera focussed on these two sweethearts and this website is very, very addicting....almost as bad as Pet Talk. :rolleyes: ;)

...and to think these two sweeties are only a ferry ride away from me... :cool: