PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Sirrahsim
04-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm all about creating hypothetical situations to see how people think. My problem, however, is that I often manage to stump myself :rolleyes:

So, hypothetically:

You are in the grocery store with your one year old child who is zonked out (sleeping :) ) in his or her stroller. Before you have time to react, two kids (you pick the age) come running down the aisle shouting and chasing each other. One of the kids pushes the other who falls and comes VERY close to knocking over your stroller. I mean the stroller is up on two wheels-close to falling over. The two kids then barely glance at you before running off in the opposite direction. Thankfully, your child was not hurt, but he or she was woken up rather abruptly and is now crying because he or she is scared.

Sooo what do you do?

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Find the parents and explain to them nicely what happened. Then stand there expectantly so they know that you expect them to corect their children's behavior in front of you.

I think when approached nicely most parents would be mortified and want to correct their child's behavior. Of course occationally you'll come across a total turd of a parent....in that case there's not much you can do.

caseysmom
04-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I think I would have nicely talked to the kids about how they easily could have harmed your child, usually kids are easier to deal with than their parents.

kuhio98
04-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I say do nothing. Things happen and some day it might be your child who gets away and runs down the grocery aisle. If I had thought of it at the time, I would have asked them to be careful.

CathyBogart
04-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I overreact and I don't like kids, so in all honesty I would yell at them and then leave.

moosmom
04-05-2006, 06:51 AM
I overreact and I don't like kids, so in all honesty I would yell at them and then leave

ROFLMAO!!!! Cathy, I'd do the same thing you suggested. I can't stand little crumbsnatchers who are undisciplined.