PDA

View Full Version : Annoying little things

Sirrahsim
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't like Taco Bell's Salsa. I'm always very careful to politely ask for my food without salsa. I ordered a cheesy bean and rice burrito today and asked for no salsa. I wasn't able to open the burrito up and check before I left the store because I had Tyler and an armload of groceries with me at the time.

I get home, bite into my burrito and what do I find? SALSA~!!

Now I'm not only annoyed, I'm also hungry :(

It's the little things that make me crazy... like getting a ticket from the MP's for stopping at a stop sign but not pausing for a full three seconds. Things that are so stupid and minor that they get under my skin and drive me nuts..
ARGH
What are your little things?

Sirrahsim
04-04-2006, 10:29 PM
The word "seen" bothers me to no end. What is becoming of the english language???
"I seen the doctor the other day" Is BAD GRAMMAR..

*deep cleansing breath*

Fender963
04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Going along with the Taco bell thing, I hate, hate, hate tomatos. I'd say 20% of the time they put tomatoes on after me specifically asking for tomatoes. Even worse, but not as common is when they give you beef, and you asked for chicken, especially when you have to pay more for chicken.

Kyle

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
People who pronounce library, libarry. Ugg. Plus when people pronounce nuclear, nuculer. Gah.

The only other thing that really gets under my skin....people who chew with their mouths open.

Corinna
04-04-2006, 11:44 PM
People wearing sandals or flip flops and scuff their feet in them.

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 11:47 PM
People wearing sandals or flip flops and scuff their feet in them.

Ok, totally off topic, but whoever that is in your avatar (Tyson?) he's so cute! He looks a LOT like my Joxer.

Jessika
04-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah Taco Bell is always HORRIBLE at stuff like that.. :rolleyes: I ask for no lettuce... they always give me lettuce..

flamepony12
04-05-2006, 12:39 AM
The sound of anyone eating or slurping when everything else is quiet. uuughh. x___x

CathyBogart
04-05-2006, 12:54 AM
MISPLACED APOSTRAPHES!!

"What do your pet's like to do" is INCORRECT! ARGH!

Lizzie
04-05-2006, 01:06 AM
I have to bite my tongue so that I don't correct people when they use good instead of well. "I did quite good in my last test" instead of "I did quite well in my last test". It's now so prevalent that I think it will become accepted as "correct".

CathyBogart
04-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I have to bite my tongue so that I don't correct people when they use good instead of well. "I did quite good in my last test" instead of "I did quite well in my last test". It's now so prevalent that I think it will become accepted as "correct".

That reminded me...I caught myself saying "more better" about a week ago, and I was astounded! I don't believe I've ever said anything like that before. My aunt and uncle teased me about it for some time. :o

Sirrahsim
04-05-2006, 01:56 AM
That reminded me...I caught myself saying "more better" about a week ago, and I was astounded!

ACK!!! *points* double "er", double "er"!! bad bad bad :rolleyes: :D :D That one drives me nuts too. My husband likes to double "er" just to drive me nutty :rolleyes: :)

Lizzie, I know what you mean about good and well. I am forever correcting my dear hubby and he is forever making fun of me for talking "like a snob". :rolleyes:
I know that my grammar isn't perfect, so I wouldn't be offended if someone pointed out my jillion errors :rolleyes: And to think, I was a straight "A" student all of the way up until I left college.

G535
04-05-2006, 03:59 AM
I guess at my age it's not worth bothering about little things! :)

Corinna
04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Yep thats Tyson ! I thought it was a thread on annyoing thigs not bash taco bell.

Cheshirekatt
04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
MISPLACED APOSTRAPHES!!

"What do your pet's like to do" is INCORRECT! ARGH!

I am the worst offender! I've just never been able to wrap my brain around it. :o

How about people using your instead of you're?

Karen
04-05-2006, 10:44 AM
When you do not want something - like lettuce or salsa or tomatoes - tell them you CANNOT have it. I have (strange) food allergies, and when I tell people that, they're usually good about making sure it comes right.

king2005
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Grammer & spelling errors don't bother me, as I know many people cannot do it for health reasons. I know I cannot spell or talk properly & when people point it out it makes me want to stop talking again (not just online but in person too). I have a hard enough time getting words out as it is, I really have to think of what I'm going to say before I say anything, other wise a lot of jibberish comes out that even I don't understand :(

The taco bell this is very annoying, I usually go back & demand(politely of course) a refund, as I DON'T trust them to remake it (spitting, dirty hands, dropping on floor kind of stuff).

The biggest Pev I have is when people let their dog crap on other people lawns & don't pick it up, or let ther dogs walk 20 some feet onto peoples properties & take a leak on their bushes or on the house! OMG I get bloody angry over that!!!! Its ok if the dog walks a foot or 2 onto the lawn & squats but not 20!!

moosmom
04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when you're talking on the phone to someone and they're having a conversation with someone else in the room, or they're yelling at their kids. My daughter is guilty of calling me and then schmoozing with her cat while I'm talking. I just hang up. She knows better now.

finn's mom
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
The word "seen" bothers me to no end. What is becoming of the english language???

*deep cleansing breath*

Yeah, that's one that drives me completely up the wall.

Another one that makes me want to puke is when people say "wif" instead of "with." Oh, man. I have a friend who says "brakfast," he completely leaves the e out of the word, it's like nails on a chalkboard. hee hee hee

DIANESDOGS
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM

IS THAT A REGIONAL THING? I NEVER HEAR ANYONE USE IT THAT WAY?

finn's mom
04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
IS THAT A REGIONAL THING? I NEVER HEAR ANYONE USE IT THAT WAY?

I don't know that it's regional, really...I've heard it while living in Washington State, Virginia, Texas, South Carolina...

It seems like it is country folk maybe. But you can find country in all states. ;)

Sirrahsim
04-05-2006, 09:58 PM
When I was in high school, a friend of mine misused "seen" all of the time. I was constantly correcting her, but she was just adamant that she was right :rolleyes:

I bought a sub today and asked for oil. They gave me vinegar instead. This is the second day in a row that I'm eating my son's cheerios for lunch. If this doesn't end soon, I think that my 10 month old son is going to cut off my supply :D

Karen
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Be adamant, Missy! Tomorrow, say "I know this might seem picky, but wtice I have asked for oil, and gotten vingar, so I cannot eat the sandwich. Can you make extra-sure to use just oil today? Thank you so much." And then on future days, you can "joke" - "Remember me? I'm the 'oil - NOT vinegar' lady!"

In my case, as I mentioned, I do have food allergies. If someone puts a lemon in my water, I have to send it back. It's better than losing hours of my day being ill and in pain, and people are usually pretty nice about it.

Sirrahsim
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Today was my fault. I just wasn't paying close enough attention to which bottle she grabbed. In any case, I will try what you said :)

luvofallhorses
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
I hate when you get fries from Burger King, Wendy's, or McDonalds and they are ice cold. :mad: so sometimes I ask for fries no salt so they will be hot..:o

Lori Jordan
04-05-2006, 10:35 PM
i have to disagree with you all i love Taco Bell lol they took the one we had here i was so mad

luvofallhorses
04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
taco bell made their potato oles (whatever they are called..) spicy and that ticks me off. :( I love spicy food, but my eyes tear up when I eat it :rolleyes: so I try not to have it too often.

lady_zana
04-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Bad grammer doesn't bother me when speaking. I try my best to use correct grammer but if I'm with my friends, sometimes something incorrect slips out. *Want to hear a really bad story about me and grammer? I graduated college with an English degree. However, only a few weeks ago, I was giving a talk with some friends and I said I was "kilt" to do something. Urgh! In case you don't know, it's 'country grammer' for the word "killed," as in "I was just killed (kilt) to go to the state fair." As soon as I said it, I just groaned inside my head at myself :rolleyes: :p

Bad grammer in writing on signs and other public notices is a really big pet peeve of mine. I just wonder why they hung out the sign or such without asking someone to proofread it first. I'm really bad at "to" and "too" so I always have someone proofread my work if I am going to display it in public.

Cataholic
04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
People who pronounce library, libarry.

LOLOL, I say LiBERRY! ...my mom and my sister say it, too. It is our way of being 'cute' within the family. I think it stemmed from my nephew saying it wrong 20 years ago. BUT, it is such a habit now it slips out in normal conversation. :eek: Whatever will people think?

Seen is a biggie, here, and I inwardly groan.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-06-2006, 11:09 AM
One thing that bothers me is when someone writes the words 'a lot' as one word. Grammar and spelling errors don't usually bother me too much though. What bothers me most is when someone abbreviates like this- "R u going 2 go 2 the store b4 coming 2 c me?" I hate that!

Grammer & spelling errors don't bother me, as I know many people cannot do it for health reasons. I know I cannot spell or talk properly & when people point it out it makes me want to stop talking again (not just online but in person too). I have a hard enough time getting words out as it is, I really have to think of what I'm going to say before I say anything, other wise a lot of jibberish comes out that even I don't understand :(
My mom has that problem. She got sick several years ago (in the early '90s). For almost 2 years she had no voice. We didn't know if it'd ever came back, but it did. There were a lot of things she could no longer pronounce after that though.

king2005
04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
One thing that bothers me is when someone writes the words 'a lot' as one word. Grammar and spelling errors don't usually bother me too much though. What bothers me most is when someone abbreviates like this- "R u going 2 go 2 the store b4 coming 2 c me?" I hate that!

My mom has that problem. She got sick several years ago (in the early '90s). For almost 2 years she had no voice. We didn't know if it'd ever came back, but it did. There were a lot of things she could no longer pronounce after that though.

Your mom got an illness, thats horrible :(

I was raised french for the first 3 yrs of my life. Then my sister was born & she had hearing issues, & becasue my dad couldn't speek french I was forced to learn english cold turkey & then was dumpped into an all english school. SO needless to say I had no was of talking to people so I shut myself out of most things. My sister & I both have Dylexia (sp?) so that didn't help me out any at all :mad: I only started to open up to people when I was 14yrs old. I met a girl at school & we became best friends. She knew I was a wee bit slow in the whole language department, but she knew I was smart & we both LOVED critters of all sorts. He folks really liked me & so not only did I have someone around my age to talk to but adults too. So i'd have to say I've been openly talking for 9yrs, but I still shut myself out of conversations sometimes, but I try not to let it bother me too much. PT has let me practice my english & since I'm forced to read everything I get to learn proper spellings. I learned that a lot was 2 words from PT & NOT school. & its usually threads like this one that hurt me the most, as people go on & on & on about how they HATE spelling & grammer errors :(

joanofark
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Another one that makes me want to puke is when people say "wif" instead of "with."

OR "wit" instead of "With"!! :mad:

I also hear:

"Stole 'd" or "Stoleded" instead of "Stole"

"done did it" instead of "Already did it"

LOL, I'm kind of used to it now, since I hear it a lot but it does bug me at times. :p

I DO say ain't or aint (however it should be spelled since it's not a word:p) a lot!! :p lol

I guess it's just a hillbilly thing!?! hah:p

king2005
04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I DO say ain't or aint (however it should be spelled since it's not a word:p) a lot!! :p lol

Its a Hillbilly thing :) I use it too much, as thats how everyone spoke in out Hillbilly town hehehe

RedHedd
04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
OR "wit" instead of "With"!! :mad:

I also hear:

"Stole 'd" or "Stoleded" instead of "Stole"

"done did it" instead of "Already did it"

LOL, I'm kind of used to it now, since I hear it a lot but it does bug me at times. :p

I heard a woman in Trader Joe's yesterday asking the clerk if the coffee was "grounded" :rolleyes:

I also hear "flustrated" and of course, Axe for ask

luvofallhorses
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I also hate when people use a ton of smilies when they are making a post, it is hard to read imo.

joanofark
04-06-2006, 03:03 PM
OR when people type "wat" instead of "what"!! :mad::mad:

Is it really THAT hard to add an H?!?!

Vio&Juni
04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't want to be the one pointing it, since I am not a native English speaker, but GRAMMER is incorrect, the correct spelling is GRAMMAR :)

Bad grammer doesn't bother me when speaking.

prechrswife
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
With me, grammar mistakes of any kind bother me. I have to agree with the poster who said that misplaced apostrophes are awful. I actually returned some Christmas cards to the store last year because they were printed with a grammatical error in them. When I was looking for some to replace them, I read very carefully. :)

Karen
04-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I have long maintained that, were I ever a gazillionaire, I would institute and fund a nationwide, mandatory-attendance, full-day apostrophe seminar. No exceptions. We'd just go over and over and over and over it until EVERYONE understood, and we'd never have to see "All sandwich's half price" ever again.

Vette
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I hate it when people

tYpE lIkE ThIs... ItS vReY aNnOyInG

and people who type
you "U" and are as "R" :rolleyes:
like its really that hard to push two more keys :rolleyes: