PDA

View Full Version : To the park... *13 pics*

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Sarah (WarahGirkl1995), April (Cats*Rule), and I went to the park today. Not even a 1/2 hour ago. Before the park was the worst walk ever (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102239) today, we were having a great time. And I got some pictures. We went to the pond and got some frog eggs. I got Georgia to go chest deep in the water :D

Before the walk...

POOOOORRRRR Buddy, soooooo board ;)
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school001.jpg

Alaska, cuddlin' with mum before the walk
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school005.jpg

Alaska sleepy before the walk
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school003.jpg

At the field...

Georgia, catchin' the frisbee
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school020.jpg

At the pond...

Georgia in the water
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school045.jpg

Trying to get her ball, but too much of a woossy
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school070.jpg

Pointing the ball... sometimes I think she's 1/2 pointer ;)
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school081.jpg

More coming...

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:03 PM
At the field

Catching the frisbee
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school026.jpg

Meeting Rupert at the pond (Rupert is WarahGirl1995 (Sarah)'s dog
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school073.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school089.jpg

At the pond...
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/school063.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

lute
04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
looks like everyone had a good time! :D

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
We did... until Buddy came to the school and ruined it all :rolleyes:

lute
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
awww. he just wanted to be part of the fun too. :D

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:11 PM
I know, but he just can get on my nerves sometimes, you know? It really wasn't the best trip ever once he came and Georgia (may have) yanked out my shoulder again... more phsyical therapy :rolleyes:

Cats*Rule
04-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Don't blame it on him Mak.

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:18 PM
I know, but he just can be a pain sometimes

luvofallhorses
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
every dog can be a pain at times..;)

Jessika
04-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Whoa... might want to try resizing some of those pics :o

luvofallhorses
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM

it seems like you are never happy with him. :(

Fender963
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Oh man I love boxers! Great pictures.

Toby's my baby
04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Great pictures! Maybe you could bring your pups to classes, so you wouldnt have to worry about your shoulder, or the dogs at all, so much...?

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
it seems like you are never happy with him. :(

What do you mean!? :mad: He is my dog of course I care about him, why would I have cried when he got taken to pound??? Why would I have saved him from kids who were throwing beer bottles at him??? Why would April have taken the risk of going up to the drunk owner and asking if she can walk him? Why would I have saved him from being strangled by the custodian? Why would I have done all of those things if I wasn't happy or cared about him :confused:

luvofallhorses
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I wasn't trying to start anything, honest. It is just my opinion and that's how I see it. :( I hope that you can take him and your other pups to obdience classes. :)

Jessika
04-04-2006, 09:38 PM
What do you mean!? :mad: He is my dog of course I care about him, why would I have cried when he got taken to pound??? Why would I have saved him from kids who were throwing beer bottles at him??? Why would April have taken the risk of going up to the drunk owner and asking if she can walk him? Why would I have saved him from being strangled by the custodian? Why would I have done all of those things if I wasn't happy or cared about him :confused:

Hey, chill out, nobody EVER said you didn't care. Its just a lot of posts lately you have had a very negative attitude towards him. Its not his fault he got out; you can not be angry at him. That's all she meant, don't read too much into it :)

There is no doubt in ANY of our minds that you love and care about your dog!

Cats*Rule
04-04-2006, 09:38 PM

Well explained Mak, I took that risk for one reason... Buddy and how we loved him.

zoomer
04-04-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry... it's just... you said I wasn't happy with him and I just blew up, now I understand quite well.

Vette
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL i love your dogs. there so happy go lucky looking :D

zoomer
04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for getting us off the subject. Thanks for the comment :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for getting us off the subject. Thanks for the comment :)

Try not to take comments so much to heart. You have some beautiful doggies there and the main concern of PTers is that you and they are happy together. They certainly look it in your pictures! Buddy just needs to know that he isn't being left out - do you do things with just him and leave the others at home?

zoomer
04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Try not to take comments so much to heart. You have some beautiful doggies there and the main concern of PTers is that you and they are happy together. They certainly look it in your pictures! Buddy just needs to know that he isn't being left out - do you do things with just him and leave the others at home?

Yes... training... :( But I can't walk him, my mom doesn't like it when I do and neither dogs my doctor.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes... training... :( But I can't walk him, my mom doesn't like it when I do and neither dogs my doctor.

Do you have a yard you could use to give him special one-to-one attention?

zoomer
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Yes, we've got a yard.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Yes, we've got a yard.

Spend some time, just you and Buddy. Train him to do simple things like "sit" if he doesn't already and make sure you play a few games too "fetch" or something like that.

It will take time but he will start to respond to you as his pack leader if you can get across the fact that you are in charge.

If you can't walk him is there someone you trust who could?

zoomer
04-05-2006, 10:57 AM
All right. I'm not sure... my 15 year old sister sure isn't responsible enough :rolleyes: My parents don't have time :rolleyes: My brother can't control him... no, don't think there is anyone I could trust. Maybe there's a local dog walker...

Pawsitive Thinking
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
All right. I'm not sure... my 15 year old sister sure isn't responsible enough :rolleyes: My parents don't have time :rolleyes: My brother can't control him... no, don't think there is anyone I could trust. Maybe there's a local dog walker...

I hope so for Buddy's sake. He could just be getting plain bored. From his pictures he seems an intelligent dog who really needs the stimulation of different sights and smells

Jadapit
04-05-2006, 11:18 AM
The type of breed Buddy is he is going to have tons of engery. Like Brody's mom said he is probably bored. I have been working really hard on my dogs recall, they are all doing great but it takes working with the dog every single day.

Is there someplace you can take Buddy to work on his recall and excerise him at the same time? I take my fur kids to the baseball field at the high school. Its a great place to let them run and work on the recall.

It has taken awhile but I can walk all three of my dogs at once. They are all strong girls. You have to work with that daily also. I used the prong collar to train my girls not to pull. Some people dont like them but it worked for me. If you use them correctly they dont hurt the dog at all. I was told by a lot of people on a pit bull forum to train with the prong collar. You might think about trying that. :)

Kfamr
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I hate to say this, but maybe it's really time to think for REAL options for Buddy. I cannot imagine not walking a dog of his mix. He must be so incredibly bored - just think, wouldn't you want to jump the fence and run about the neighborhood if you rarely to never go walked or got excersize?
It is beyond me why your parents allow children to have a dog that the child cannot control if they are going to have no part in it's excersize.

My Kiara would be completely uncontrollable if she never got excersized. She really lets me know too. If I didn't stimulate her, she becomes destructive.

Thus, we play frisbee, go swimming, run around in the backyard, and sometimes just play fetch in the house... EVERYDAY. I switch those things around too - I don't just play normal old fetch, sometimes I throe 3 or 4 balls at a time. She gets one, brings it back, gets the other, brings it back, and so on....

I work a full time job and I'm on my feet all day at that job - yet I still make time for my dogs because they ARE my responsibility and they are unhappy if I don't spend the necessary time with them, that I agreed to give them when adopting them. And no, saving their lives from an unknown doom is NOT enough. When they are sitting at home bored the fact that I have adopted them does not run thru their minds, I'm sure.

When you get so upset with Buddy at times, and when others can see that frustration you have on here, remind yourself that it's not his fault.

cloverfdx
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Very well put Kay. It does not take alot of effort to exercise a dog, if you cannot take him for a run wear him out by teaching him new tricks and harder commands.

luvofallhorses
04-05-2006, 11:56 AM
well said, Kay.

WarahGirl1995
04-05-2006, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=luvofallhorses]it seems like you are never happy with him. :([/Q

it is just that he caused a problem, and this could have costed him bieng in the pound.Just like every dog they do cause trouble so we got a little mad at him, but its not like makayla doesnt luv him. :p

WarahGirl1995
04-05-2006, 07:13 PM

i agree that you do luv him...... but I think we should think of the positives and everyone reading this should stop and think of the positives and stop fighting each other........... :p ............ we have to agree that we all luv dogs so let stop fighting please..

Jessika
04-05-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=luvofallhorses]it seems like you are never happy with him. :([/Q

it is just that he caused a problem, and this could have costed him bieng in the pound.Just like every dog they do cause trouble so we got a little mad at him, but its not like makayla doesnt luv him. :p

But he did not cause the problem. Its not his fault at all. The only dog who is a "bad" dog is one who is not properly trained, and really it all falls back to the owners.

Now please don't take what I said the wrong way, but it seems he does need some training to get him under control. Once again this is not in any way his fault but the legal guardians of him (legal as in someone in the household over 18). A child can not be expected to take responsibility for a dog like that.

zoomer
04-05-2006, 07:50 PM
My parents bought him a new collar so I can walk him :)...

luvofallhorses
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
My parents bought him a new collar so I can walk him :)...

that's great! :D what kind of collar?

zoomer
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh it's so hard to explain... I am going to post a board of it. Here's a picture I took this morning :)

Jessika
04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Those don't seem very strong to me. It looks flimsy. Like if he wants to take off, the elastic will break easily.

If you want a collar that will help while walking him, look into different types of harnesses, or a prong collar (NOT a choke collar!)

zoomer
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
It's not very flimsy, actually. And you just pull on it if he try to run off.

Jessika
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
But if he is as strong as you make him out to be (or just by looking at pictures and how he is built) that elastic is not going to hold him, is all I am saying.

zoomer
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I said everything here

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102309

Kfamr
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Very well put Kay.

well said, Kay.

Thanks.. glad you guys read it. ;) :p

Lori Jordan
04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
looks like they had loads of fun