PDA

View Full Version : New job (still working with animals) ...

.sarah
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Some of you may know that I worked at a vet for 1 1/2 years and was fired (unfairly) in January.

Well, I'm pretty active in the humane society and last week I was offered a job here. I wasn't really looking for one but I decided to take it because it's in my comfort zone. Also, it's nothing too hard -- just cleaning cat and rabbit cages first thing and then answering the phones for the rest of the day. It's kind of a receptionist position. And when things aren't active I am allowed to do my schoolwork, which is very nice because that almost kept me from taking the job. I've gotten more done here (because I don't have as many distractions ... only the occasional 3 week old kitten crying :D ) then I did at home.

I'm also right across the street from my old work and a few friends (employees over there) just brought over some food so it was pretty neat to see them.

I really like this job. It's nice to be working with rescue animals! Just thought I'd share my excitement. Oh, and I've been told that I have to bring my camera to work from now on so y'all will probably be seeing lots of pictures!

CagneyDog
04-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Congratulations. It sounds like a great job.

lute
04-04-2006, 03:22 PM
what a great job to get! i always wanted to work at a shelter. i always love seeing pics of puppers. i just wish they all had homes.

Jessika
04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
You lucky duck. I'd love to work at a shelter but most here are strictly volunteer and I wold love to volunteer but I also need to make a living.

I was offered a job at a pet store in Springfield, but thats an hour drive one-way and if I was closer I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

I'm happy for you!