PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions "too pink?"

catfamily
04-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Here's Penny.We painted our bedroom this color.It's kind of BRIGHT.LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%203/catfamily%204/4-4-06pennyinpink.jpg
And here's Benson.These were taken a few minutes ago.Is it TOO pink?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%203/catfamily%204/4-4-06Bensoninpink.jpg

Felix
04-04-2006, 08:24 AM
I like it.My guest room was that color before I changed it to yellow last spring. :)

Beauty17
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I like it. It reminds me of peonies. I like it better than a kind of ballet pink - if you're going to go pink, give it some intensity. I like it. Oh - and I like the way you accessorize with cats, too.

catfamily
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I like it.My guest room was that color before I changed it to yellow last spring. :)
Thanks.I keep looking at it and saying..WOW...it's kind of BRIGHT.LOL
I had Mike paint the Mudroom bright yellow and he'll do the breezway to the garage bright yellow too.
I think I should of done the next color lighter for the bedroom.But I'll live with it for a while.It was green before this.My poor husband. :D :eek: :D

Donnaj4962
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Looks like tha kitties like it, and isn't that all that matters???!!!! :D

I think it is wonderful. It matches the comforter quite well!

Fender963
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
It't too pink for my tastes but that is of course just my opinion. If you like that's all that matters, you are the one who has to wake up to it everday.

I like to sleep at 62F but that doesn't mean everyone else has to like to sleep that cold.

RedHedd
04-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I like it! I had a bedroom that color once - loved it!

*iluvskipper*
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
i love it! i'd love that color in my room! but i think i'm going to be painting it purple.. i'm not sure yet but i'm gettin my room painted in like june or something i'm so excited that color is great!

kb2yjx
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Absolutely LOVE that colour and the hardwood floors!!! The Benson adds that personal touch!!!

doolittleky
04-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Carla,
I really like it! I love color! I don't think you should change it at all.
Melissa

Edwina's Secretary
04-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I painted my dining room that color once. I liked it but it reminded too many people of Pepto-bismol. Or perhaps that was my cooking.

I think it is great in your bedroom!

Catsnclay
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Our bedroom is just a few shades lighter, but we love it! Ours, too is decorated with kitties!

Once we were showing our house to friends, and they guy looks at my husband and says "Oh, YOU sleep in a pink bedroom?!" then started to chuckle. My husband calmly answered, "No, it isn't pink, it's RASBERRY!" and walked away, laughing of course :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I like it! Bright pink is one of my favorite colors. :D

catmandu
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I have read that Pink is a very soothing peaceful Color.
I really like that Color,you have done a Wonderful Job.

catfamily
04-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I painted my dining room that color once. I liked it but it reminded too many people of Pepto-bismol. Or perhaps that was my cooking.

I think it is great in your bedroom!

OMG Too funny.It IS exactly the same color as Pepto Bismol.But I'll keep it for awhile.It really is kind of soothing in a way I guess.
Thanks everyone for your opinions.I really never experimented with such wild colors like this.I'm glad the halls living room and den are all very pale peachy pinkish.I couldn't live with that deep color all over the place :D

auggie
04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
But I'll keep it for awhile.It really is kind of soothing in a way I guess.
I find it interesting how some colors can affect people’s mood differently.
To me earth tones have a soothing affect.
The pink walls do make a nice background for the white kitty Lucy I presume, or is it Penny?

rosethecopycat
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I have an apreciation for just about any color. it's the surroundings that make it work or not.
I have two walls that were supposed to be light orange, they turned out to be pumpkin. And I have a room that is supposed to be leaf green, it's avocado.

I like the art work you have over the bed. I'm very fond of leaf collage.

rg_girlca
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I love it. With the accessories you have, it looks really beautiful. :)

Lizzie
04-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Penny is so well camoflaged by the pillows that at first I didn't see her. The pink definitely suits her white fluffiness. That colour must make you feel cosy during the long, dark and cold winter months in Maine.

CathyBogart
04-05-2006, 01:05 AM
I think it's beautiful and cheery. :)

G535
04-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Looks warm and cosy, for winter anyway, not so sure about summer! :)

As long as the cats like it, that's all that matters.

jazzcat
04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I painted my living room a similar color when we first moved in here and Richard screamed it was Pepto-Bismal Pink and made me paint it a darker burgandy. Now that room is a dark gold.

I think it looks nice with your bed and bedding. I think trying it out for a while is a good idea.

catfamily
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I find it interesting how some colors can affect people’s mood differently.
To me earth tones have a soothing affect.
The pink walls do make a nice background for the white kitty Lucy I presume, or is it Penny?
She's Penny :)
Her sister has a touch of light grey on her head :)
I laugh every time I look at Lucy in her siggy down below.She looks like she just got arrested and is getting her mug shot taken :D :eek: :D