PDA

View Full Version : Attention buttercup132

Cheshirekatt
04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full. Here is my reply:

Hi I couldnt help but notice your Pit Bull in your picture isnt fixed..may I ask why.

Absolutely. He's a Hurricane Katrina survivor loaded with heartworms. He underwent treatment and had to wait until he was safely recovered before he could be neutered. That picture was taken in between the treatment and his neutering. I've been involved in pit bull rescue for 15 years so I'm the last person you'd have to lecture on speutering. It killed me to have to leave him intact for that long, but it wasn't worth risking his health.....

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=95277&highlight=Clifford

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=96889&highlight=Clifford

Clifford says:

"The neuter wasn't so bad, but do I have to wear this cone?"
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/018_15A.jpg

Flatcoatluver
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I think that is awsome you do all of this!!! There are alot of pits in Washinton, where I live (in WA) we have had a 12 week old staff for like months because of "the breed".

Cheshirekatt
04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I think that is awsome you do all of this!!! There are alot of pits in Washinton, where I live (in WA) we have had a 12 week old staff for like months because of "the breed".

I'm in WA as well. We've had one pit bull in foster for almost a year and Clifford has been available for three months now. I think Hurricane Katrina flooded the rescue market. And with every pit bull 'headline' attack story you can just watch the hits on petfinder drop. It's sad. Both Clifford and Daisy are stellar dogs.....

.sarah
04-04-2006, 01:05 AM
He is beautiful! Thank you for saving him and other Pitties!

There is a really beautiful Pittie at our shelter right now. They are a kill shelter but they really give the animals a chance to get adopted. Some have been there for a year or more. I wish we had a Pit Bull rescue around here... people really need the education.

My Peanuts
04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I was in the same boat as you. My little mutt Jimmy had heartworms and I couldn't neuter him for a while. The vet said we could after treatment and after he felt ok, but before he tested negative. I waited for the negative. :)

Kfamr
04-04-2006, 02:26 PM
What a weird question. :p

Love everything you do, Kat... I need to get back around to the PB forums to see you more often!

Is that you in the picture with Clifford? Love your hair.

buttercup132
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
No no I wasnt trying to like lecture you or anything all I did was ask I wasn't rude or anything..I was just wondering why..thanks for telling me.

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
What a weird question. :p

Love everything you do, Kat... I need to get back around to the PB forums to see you more often!

Is that you in the picture with Clifford? Love your hair.

Yep, that's me....thanks! Have you joined UCare, yet? It's our new rescue message board. Let me know if you want the link.....

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
No no I wasnt trying to like lecture you or anything all I did was ask I wasn't rude or anything..I was just wondering why..thanks for telling me.

No worries....it was a valid question. I probably would have asked it myself.