PDA

View Full Version : Wanna sneak peek?

catnapper
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok, I admit I'm a little excited.... I just have to show off the nursery before its done. We're about halfway. We should be getting the crib tomorrow or Wednesay from my SIL. We are having the HARDEST time finding lighting. We registered for some cute lamps from Babies R Us and are hoping someone picks them up for the shower but if they don't we'll be hunting through garage sales and thrift stores for something. Same with the changing table -- hubby thinks she doesn't need one so we won't be spending any serious money for one.

She got her first baby gift yesterday -- from Auntie JenLuckenbach. Its the CUTEST picture of "The Cow Jumped Over the Moon" and looks just purrfect in the room. Its going to go right over where we plan on putting the crib - for the time being, use your imagination and pretend the blanket thats laying on the floor is actually laying in a crib :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Sneakpeek-1.jpg

I re-upholsetered a chair in pale yellow fabric that had little green, blue, and white polka dots. We made matching valances.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sneakpeek-2.jpg

Here's Pouncer inspecting the crib location. Who do you think will be the first tabby into the crib once we set it up? We're taking bets around here! Pouncer's been spending his days sleeping on the polka dotted chair, so Ash thinks he'll be first into the crib. I say Harry will be.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sneakpeek-3.jpg

Lastly, here's where the new mommy will sleep.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sneakpeek-4.jpg

We still have to fix the cords on the mini blinds so they won't strangle the baby and I need to fget some wire-mold so the electircal cord along the one window is fastened properly. Not sure if we need to worry about the lamp plug yet though.

What else? I'm sure we'll get lots of cute little pillows, stuffed animals, picture frames, blankets and such to really finish off the room with style!

Husky_mom
04-03-2006, 04:00 PM
so lovely!!! very nice color picking ;)

i bet itīll look great one its done, it looks great now

Congrats...........we cant wait either.............we are nercous as well........waiting for updates, pics, etc

elizabethann
04-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Very nice! I love the color!

Donnaj4962
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
WOW! You have done LOTS of work in such a short amount of time! I love the colors.... and it will be so stimulating for the baby also!

I am anxiously awaiting the next uppydate! ;)

jenluckenbach
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
The room looks wonderful!!

My brother (who's baby is now 15 months old) placed one of those contour changing pads on top of a dresser (a large, low, adult sized dresser) and has been using that as the changing table since Cheyenne was born. It saves room too by having double the storage of your average changing table.

k9krazee
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I love the colors of the room, It looks great!

chrangharris
04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
The room looks awesome! I bet you guys are getting excited!

We also used a contour changing pad on a dresser. It is used as double duty-changing table and dresser but a lot cheaper! Looking back, I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the changing table- I rarely use the changing pad. You can find the contour changing pads at Babies R Us for around $20-30. They also have covers you can put over them to add some colore! :D

catnapper
04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
We already put the changing pad and covers on the registry. We just need something to put it on. A changing table woud actually fit our needs because its got the shelves and storage underneath. Right now we have nothing else we could use furniture-wise except a really ugly microwave cart! :p

*EDIT*
Hmmmm.... thinking about it, we might be able to paint the cart and fix the shelves from wooden dowels to real shelves.... hmmmm..... thanks for the thought guys!

prechrswife
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Looking good!! :)

moosmom
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Kim,

I've got a great lamp for the baby's room. It's got cats sitting on a chair with cats on the lampshade. I'll be happy to send it to you. PM me with your address. It'll go perfectly in the room.

Love the color!!! Makes me glad I picked out the colors of yarn that I did. ;)

Hey Jen,

When my daughter was born, I did the very same thing you suggested, putting a changing pad on an existing dresser. Saved alot of room!!

NoahsMommy
04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Awww, Kim, (& Ash), it really looks great so far. :) I'm sure mommy and baby will be very happy there.

Can't wait to see how its finished off with blankies and stuffies. I love the colors together. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Kim, The room looks great and with your artistic talent I know it's going to look wonderful when it's finished.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-04-2006, 06:37 AM
awwwwwwww

the nursery looks GREAT!!! You guys seem to be having fun getting everything together for the baby. :)

catnapper
04-04-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks everyone!

Donna, I appreaciate the offer, but Ashley says "No Cats!" in her room, that the live versions will be more than enough :rolleyes: I'm glad the colors you picked out for the blanket will work in here -- told ya anything baby colored would work :D Thanks again in advance for the blanket and all the love you're putting into it.

It looks like the ugly microwave cart is getting a makeover. The size is PERFECT for the changing pad. We have a LOT of rennovating to do on the ugly cart, and we'll have to be very creative to make it look 100% baby furniture and 0% kitchen furniture. I want people to see the room and comment, "what a nice changing table, where'd you find that?" and then I can reveal what a clevel little grandma I am! :D

As for the lamp, we went back and seriously edited the registry at Babies R Us, and found several things we liked better at Target for half the price (including the perfect yellow lamp for $16.99). So whatever we don't get from the shower will now be easy to find (and cheaper) at Target. God how I love online registries! It would have been a nightmare to edit everything in store! :eek:

Once again though, I killed myself working til 12:30 on the baby's room.... and now I have a busy day of running around for my design stuff all day and then dog training all night. Yet I KNOW when I get home from playing with dogs at 9:30, I'll put in another 3 hours on the baby's room tonight. Thankfully, tomorrow should be slow ;)

Lobodeb
04-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Same with the changing table -- hubby thinks she doesn't need one so we won't be spending any serious money for one.

I was in a pickle myself about the changing table. They're very expensive but my real issue is that I'm very limited on space. I went to the Baby Depot at Burlington Coat factory and found the perfect solution! I am planning on purchasing this for myself! (http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=11340&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=323454&sku1=k_s1_63533006&is_baby_depot=1) If you PM me your address, I would be happy to have that be my shower gift to you. :)

The nursery looks great! Is there a theme?

My Peanuts
04-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Looking good. :)

lvpets2002
04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
:) Its all looking good Kim & I know you all are getting excited by now..

jazzcat
04-05-2006, 10:48 AM
It looks great Kim!!!