PDA

View Full Version : Eeyore July 16 2000

Eeyore
04-26-2002, 12:06 PM
:rolleyes:
Does anyone remember Eeyore? He was the dog of the day on July 16, 2000. I was wondering if anyone has a dog like him or would like an update on his condition. He's a lab/shepherd who has hip dysplasia. [[email protected]]

Ann
04-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Ohhh, he is so beautiful!

I'd like to hear more about him, I have never heard of that disease actually (I live in Sweden though so it might have another name over here that I know it by).

Well, welcome back to Pet Talk :)

Eeyore
04-26-2002, 12:23 PM
I just realized that I shouldn't have posted this under "today's dog". Oops! Sorry Emily! You're so cute!!!

Ann> Hip dysplasia occurs when the ball joints don't fit in the hip joints properly or at all. Dogs can have minor to severe cases of it but you can't tell by the x-rays how much pain the dog is in. There are different kinds of surgeries for it which is what I expected that Eeyore would have to have, but instead he responded extremily well to medication. He takes two kinds of medication twice a day and will all his life. They're not pain killers but medication that helps rebuild cartilage and lubricate his joints. He also takes vitamins.
Anyway, because he responded to this medication so well, he doesn't need surgery. He can run around and play like a normal dog. He's going to be 3 years old in June. Since he was Dog of the Day almost 2 years ago, he's moved to a different part of the country and now lives on a farm. We have also rescued 3 more dogs which means that we now have 5. He's very happy and playful. Here he is with some of his buds!

Eeyore
04-26-2002, 12:28 PM
OOPS! I'm just full of mistakes today! That wasn't a pic of Eeyore with some of his buds, but this is! lol!

Ann
04-26-2002, 01:08 PM
I got it, thanks for explaining! I'm glad to hear that he can just take simple medication instead of having to go through a scary operation.

Great pics too BTW! All your doggies are adorable :)

RachelJ
04-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Looks like Eeyore is living the good life. I'm glad to hear that he has responded so well to this medication. We relish that good news for this very special fellow. (I hope he doesn't lord it over the other dogs with his DOTD title.):)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-26-2002, 11:49 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:eek:

Eeyore is soooooooooo cute!!!! I really like the last picture, the one with him and his buds!!! What a big smile they all have on their faces. You can tell he is a happy dog!!:D So glad to hear he doesn't have to have surgery!! I didn't know there was any other alternative. What a lucky pup!!