PDA

View Full Version : Old pic I thought I'd share

K9soul
04-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Been going through some old pictures this weekend and taking pictures of some of them with my digital camera so I could have them on my computer. I came across this one from when I was in college and my mom came up for a weekend and we went hiking with the collies. My hair was quite a bit lighter then (and a mess, it was windy :o), but I love the picture. My Willie boy was looking at me the way he always did.. my heart and soul, he was completely devoted to me. Sure miss the boys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Oldpics/meandwillie.jpg

zoomer
04-02-2006, 02:39 PM
What a great picture :) What beautiful dogs you had.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Aw! What a great picture!

What settings did you use? I've been wanting to take some pictures of some of my old family photos but don't know what settings to use. :)

animal_rescue
04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Aww that is a wonderful pic, your boys were gorgeous!

Suki Wingy
04-02-2006, 02:58 PM
What a beautiful memory.

K9soul
04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the comments :).

Connie I usually put my camera on macro mode, seems to make sure it focuses on the picture and doesn't make it blurry. The trick is finding just the right lighting so I can take it without flash, since flash ruins it. I have the best luck with putting them on my desk directly under a bright desk lamp. Sometimes I try a few different spots and then pick the one I like best. Sometimes I lighten them a bit more with paintshop. Takes a bit of experimenting and they never look QUITE as nice as the real picture but it's still nice to have them on computer. :)

Rachel
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I can understand why you love this picture. Beautiful day with your beautiful dogs in an awesome setting. Don't you wish sometimes that just for an hour or two you could go back to that time and place? What was your other collie's name?

Toby's my baby
04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
That is a beautiful picture!! Your boys were gorgeaus!

lute
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
what BEAUTIFUL dogs!

luvofallhorses
04-02-2006, 05:39 PM
that's a great picture! :)

finn's mom
04-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Such love. You can see the bond, it practically leaps off the screen. You are a lucky person to have felt that with another creature.

K9soul
04-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Don't you wish sometimes that just for an hour or two you could go back to that time and place? What was your other collie's name?

Wow do I ever wish that at times. At least with a picture and the internal memory, we can close our eyes and be there in our mind again. My other collie boy was Cody. He was a lover of anyone and everyone, and an excellent therapy dog. Though he was never officially certified he did visit nursing homes and brightened a lot of days.

Such love. You can see the bond, it practically leaps off the screen. You are a lucky person to have felt that with another creature.

Thank you Kari, I really felt that you could see the bond well in this picture too. It's one of the reasons I particularly treasure it.. just look at his happy face and focus on me. Oh my.. My Willie boy, I miss you so much.

Alysser
04-02-2006, 07:59 PM
You can tell just from that picture what a bond you had with those two amazing and beautiful creatures. That picture is an awesome example of the bond many people share with their animals.

Lori Jordan
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Beautiful dogs how old is the pic?

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks for sharing such a special picture Jess. It's put a big smile on my face tonight. I personally love your hair in the pic and your Willie and Cody were just stunning. Quite the gorgeous trio. Thanks so much for sharing :)

K9soul
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Beautiful dogs how old is the pic?

Thank you it's from 1993 or 1994... I can't quite remember :o, but I know it's one of those years, either later in the year 93 or earlier in the year 94.

Thanks Terry, my hair has darkened quite a bit since then! Don't think I'd be considered blonde anymore ;). (have never dyed it)

Ginger's Mom
04-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Beautiful picture. Willie does look like he is devoted to you. It is so nice to have those memories to treasure and pictures to share. I am glad you shared that with us.

RobiLee
04-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Wonderful picture, Jess. You are so right. Willie seems to be looking at you with complete adoration and devotion. Willie and Cody were so handsome. What a great picture to have.

flamepony12
04-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Aww, what a wonderful photo. I agree, you can most definitely see what a strong bond you had with your Willie.

ParNone
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
hiya K9soul!

I just love that picture! The love comes shining through and woowee is it hard to beat the Rough Collie for beauty. They look so huggable with all that gorgeous fur. Willie and Cody sure did Collies proud! I'll have to tell Maddie to look'em up and share a nose nudge with'em. She learned the fine art of nose nudging from the Oz Man. :)

Par...

k9krazee
04-03-2006, 04:52 PM
What a sweet picture!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-03-2006, 08:47 PM
What a beautiful picture! What gorgeous dogs, that really is a special photogragh.