PDA

View Full Version : Good dog Tera

Corinna
04-26-2002, 10:15 AM
Has anyone else heard the news story about the young gal jogging in a park with her German Shepard Tera? They were startled by a Flasher from behind a tree, Tera took matters in to her own teeth a, report said the doctors say the can repair the damage done to ,well you guys can guess.
What a great dog to protect her mommy.Maybe we'd have less of that stuff if we all had a Tera. So far I haven't heard if the law is going to be stupid and do any thing to the dog or the girl. I see it as a self defense case . How about any one else?

jennifert
04-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Definitely self-defense. Although I wonder what the laws are in that area? I suppose if the "flasher" raises enough fuss and has any clout whatsoever, Tera could be in some trouble. I disagree completely but I think per the law, we are ultimately responsible if our dogs bite someone, especially in a public place.

There is a park that I go to near my house that has been frequented by some "loonies" lately. It is fairly secluded so I would never go there after dark or without the dogs. Everyone takes their dogs up there and they run around off leash. The other day I was up there and the cops were there. I thought they were cracking down on the off-leash dogs but it turns out there was and I quote, "a naked black man running around in the woods." They advised all of us women not to go there at night or without our dogs since they had reports of homeless people living in the woods. (probably harmless but...) I know Duncan would not let anyone get near me. Jack would invite them over for coffee!!!
;) :p :D

Heather Wallace
04-26-2002, 12:56 PM
I think it should definately be a case of self defence. it would be a real shame if anything happened to the dog.

I could have done with a dog like Tera when I was 14, I was flashed at. it was a real shock to me, especially at that age. Would still be now and I'm 26 yrs old.

mugsy
04-26-2002, 12:59 PM
Good girl Tera!!! I'm sorry...I had to giggle a little. The guy should be arrested for indecent exposure and have to take sexual offenders class. Amazing what people will do for attention.

sabies
04-26-2002, 04:29 PM
That guy better not have any rights over the dog, good for you Tera!! That is pure self defense. I wonder if Tera's technique will be more of a deterrent than jail time.