PDA

View Full Version : Another UTI for Luna :(

Kirsten
04-02-2006, 11:50 AM
After she had some peace for almost 3 months with the homeopathic remedies, Luna made a turn to the worse with her bladder problems. Last week, she peed on the floor again, and I brought a sample to my vet for a test, and it turned out there were still signs of infection; the urine didn't look good at all.

Two nights ago, the underlying infection seems to have broken out. When I cleaned Luna's litter box yesterday in the morning, I found 6 or 7 small "pee biscuits" - not a good sign!

So I called my vet and she suggested to bring Luna to her office (even though it was a Saturday). I did, and Luna got her shots and is now on antibiotics again (Marbocyl).

My vet said that Luna seems to have a chronic cystitis, and she will probably never get rid of it, but she told me about a new method, to treat chronic UTIs with antidepressants. Obviously there's a new study that found out that cats with a chronic cystitis have reacted positively to certain kinds of antidepressants. Interesting!

Kirsten

catmandu
04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
We are sorry that Luna is having problems as no Cat will make a mess if they can help it.
We hope that the White Coats can find a cure for Luna or something that can help her not be a Dirty Cat.
We are Praying For Luna.

momcat
04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
When I first saw your thread I felt so bad thinking, "Poor Luna, not again!" She's such a sweet little kitty girl. Interesting that your vet said certain antidepressants have shown some positive results with this sort of problem. My thoughts and prayers are with both you and Luna that something can be done to end her discomfort and ease your mind. Please give Luna and Lily some scritchies from me? And please let us know how Luna is doing?

Catty1
04-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Just wondering - were you ever able to find the cranberry treats? Or ask your vet? Just curious.

hugs to Luna
Catty1

rg_girlca
04-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Kirsten, I am so sorry to hear that dear Luna is going through this again.

Prayers on the way for Luna and ((((((HUGS)))))) for you.

slick
04-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry about Luna. This must be very stressful on you. Prayers on the way.

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear that Luna is sick again.:( I hope that you'll be able to find something that will help her. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Felix
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about Luna,My thoughts and prayers will be with her.

Felicia's Mom
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry to learn that Luna is sick again. Prayers are sent your way.

Sonia59
04-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Poor Luna again! :( My thoughts are sent, and also many scritches to dear Luna. I hope you can find something that improves, or makes it less frequent

(((hugs)))

Kirsten
04-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Luna is doing much better with the antibiotics, and she is such a good girl with her meds! :)

Catty1, these cranberrie treats are not available here, but maybe I should ask my vet about it. But I'm afraid Luna wouldn't eat them anyway, she's a very finicky eater. :rolleyes:

Kirsten

Donnaj4962
04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Poor Luna! I am sorry to hear that she is sick, but glad to see that she is healing with some medicine from the white coats. Hope she keeps mending and that the antidepressants help reduce future occurances.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for sweet Luna.

catcrazylady
04-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Kirsten!! I've missed you and the girls but I'm sure sorry that Luna is going through another UTI. Poor little girl. :(
That is very interesting about the antidepressants. Maybe it will help her. She sure has suffered enough with these nasty infections. Prayers coming your way that maybe this will be the answer.

kb2yjx
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
KIrsten, I am so sorry to hear that Luna has another UTI. But glad to hear that she si a good kitty and taking her meds for you!! Prayers for you both!!!

K & L
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I sure can sympathize with you! We went through this with Porch, and now we're going through it with Scooter. I wish you luck in getting this under control once and or all.