PDA

View Full Version : Baby-to-be photos

catnapper
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I made Ash take belly pics tonight so she'd have them for posterity. I got lots of eye-rolling and she knew I wouldn't stop asking for photos until she posed! :D No, no skin belly pics (yet) I am just lucky I got what I got! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/27wks-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/27wks-1.jpg

on a side note: some people have started ot ask how far along she is and when she's due. They almost fall over with disbelief when she says she's 27 weeks along. She really did start showing in the past week. If we had any doubt about her being pregant last week, we know it for sure this week! :D

sirrahbed
04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh how I LOVE those belly pictures :D Good for you getting Ashley to pose - she will be so glad later on!!

Toby's my baby
04-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Great pictures! I hope she continues to let you take pictures, so we can watch the progress!! :)

jazzcat
04-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow! She really has popped out!

Her belly looks so perfectly round.

moosmom
04-01-2006, 10:09 PM
She looks great! When you told us how far along she was, I was shocked!!!

BTW, I started knitting the afghan. I chose a multi-colored pastel yarn and threw in a little "blue" in fancy yarn. Don't get too excited, it's only a plain "knit" stitch. But at least she'll have something to put in the crib. I'm praying it's a girl, though. I realized today, after dealing with so many kids at the store, that girls are soooo much easier to handle. Boys are very rambunctious and high strung. No offense to anyone here with little boys.

I'll let you know when I finish it so I can ship it out.

catnapper
04-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Ooo.... I'm so excited! I just finished making the front of the shower invitations. Of COURSE there's a cat! LOL... talking about cats (and it being a girl) I picked out a million things that are cats on baby clothes and bibs... and every single item was pink. So on that note I'm hoping its a girl. On another note I'm hoping its a boy because of the colors we painted the nursery -- robin's egg blue and teal. VERY pretty but since its blue it seems more boyish.

Donna, the blanket sounds lovely no matter the stitch and I'm sure it'll look wonderful in the nursery - all the accessories are yellow, green, and white. Pretty much, if its pastel, its in this nursery! LOL Yes, photos of the nursery will come once we're 100% done.

Debbie, speaking of googling things, I googled "Hey Diddle Diddle", and came up with this coloring book page, so I just colored it in. I love it :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/showerinvite.jpg

I'm printing them out now, and the colors look much richer on the paper I'm using (HP Presentation paper -- its got a nice saturation or whatever they call it -- all I know is I tested it on plain paper and it looked "ok" but it pops on the HP paper)

NoahsMommy
04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Ash looks great! She looks healthy and...even HAPPY! :)

Please tell her she's gorgeous and we're here for her. Not that she needs us, you're doing an excellent job, Kim!! ((((hugs))))

Thanks for sharing her with us. She looks amazing!

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm glad that she's allowing you to take her picture. She looks great and sure is starting to show now.:) The baby shower invitations look so cute too.:)

jenluckenbach
04-02-2006, 04:54 AM
C*U*T*E !!!

Think about how surprised Ashley would have been THIS week if you did not make her go to the doctor LAST week. (LOL)

Can't wait to see you guys.

chrangharris
04-03-2006, 07:40 PM
What a cute little belly she has! The invites sound adorable!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-04-2006, 07:33 AM
OH she looks sooooo cute!! I wanna poke her bellly!!

I am sure she is more aware now of the babies movements (i'm so curious because we are the same far along). What does she think about them? Have you felt it kick?? My little baby moves around ALL THE TIME.. it is such a neat feeling!!! The other night I think the baby had the hiccups.. :D

oh.. i'm glad she is smiling!! She looks good!

Pam
04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Kim, she is beautiful and I am so glad to see those smiles. I know that it took working through a lot of tears to get there. You and your hubby have done a terrific job of helping her adjust to the biggest change in her life that she will ever experience. Kudos to you all! I can't wait until he/she is born. What a precious time for you all.

Donnaj4962
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Oh, she looks adorable! She sure has popped! I agree with others, if you didn't know for sure last week, you would be CERTAIN this week! I am hoping and praying for a safe and fast delivery and that the baby will be healthy. I can hardly wait to hear whether she is having a boy or girl! How exciting for all of you. I hope that she realizes how lucky she is to have such supportive parents!

Lobodeb
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Isn't it weird that she popped as soon as you found out she was pregnant? She looks great! The old wives tales tell me that based on the shape of her belly, it's a boy. Just my intuition. Of course my intuition was wrong with my own baby. :rolleyes: I would have sworn to the man above that he was a girl. :o

I have a bunch of baby shower plates and napkins left over from my 4 baby showers. Would you like them?

My Peanuts
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm so excited for you. I don't think there would have been much confusion about her being pregnant even without confirmation now! :)

catnapper
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Isn't it weird that she popped as soon as you found out she was pregnant? She looks great! The old wives tales tell me that based on the shape of her belly, it's a boy. Just my intuition. Of course my intuition was wrong with my own baby. :rolleyes: I would have sworn to the man above that he was a girl. :o

I have a bunch of baby shower plates and napkins left over from my 4 baby showers. Would you like them?
Debbie, you are sooo sweet! I would love the plates! We'll take anything we can get since we were not budgeting for a baby this year! ;)

I swear the baby thought "well, everyone knows about me now, so I can show the world I'm here!"

I keep saying "Oh when he's here..... Wouldn't he look cute in this.... we can do this with him.... I think he'd like that" I keep refering to it as a boy. My first thought was that its a boy. Hubby and my youngest daughter want it to be a boy sooooo bad. Of course, because of the above mentioned stuff, it'll be a girl (especially since the room is painted with so much blue!)

I keep asking her if she has any intuition of whether its a boy or girl and she says she has no clue.... then again this is coming from the girl who swore she never felt him/her kicking around in her belly! :D

Karen
04-04-2006, 12:45 PM
It's okay that the walls are blue no matter baby's gender - blue is my favorite color, always has been, and I'm a GIRL! ;)

I never lay bets one way or another as to a baby's gender before it's born. Just praying for a healthy, happy baby whichever gender it is!

Lobodeb
04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Debbie, you are sooo sweet! I would love the plates! We'll take anything we can get since we were not budgeting for a baby this year! ;)

Sure, just let me know where to send them! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Oooh!! This is so exciting! Great pictures, too! :) ;)

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 12:27 PM
:) Yup Kim was right you swallowed a basketball Ashley.. I think now looking at you its a boy.. Great belly pictures..

Husky_mom
04-07-2006, 12:55 PM
It's okay that the walls are blue no matter baby's gender - blue is my favorite color, always has been, and I'm a GIRL! ;)

I never lay bets one way or another as to a baby's gender before it's born. Just praying for a healthy, happy baby whichever gender it is!

LOL i second that!!

i was a blue dressed girl, adn actually i still dont dress pink, unless its hot pink LOL i mostly wear black, blue, green in all their shades.....also i never wore dresses only pants and shorts until now i ocassionaly wear them i am more a tomboy than a girlie girl LOL

boy did she popped!!! how cute she looks awww!! keep us updated pleaseee

catnapper
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I have to take this week's photo yet.... Ash keep rolling her eyes about it, but someday she'll appreciate these photos! :D

Samantha Puppy
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I have to take this week's photo yet.... Ash keep rolling her eyes about it, but someday she'll appreciate these photos! :D
She will. I didn't take nearly as many as I should've and I regret it every day.

catnapper
04-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Here we go... 28 weeks along. Not much change from last week? She's standing taller today than in last week's photos, so that might account for little change, but in person I do see a big difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/29wks-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/28wks-1.jpg

We did a lot more work in the nursery the past few days -- just wait til you see the rest of the room! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-09-2006, 10:58 AM
CONGRATS!! She looks great; and yes, one week makes a huge difference!!