PDA

View Full Version : Only on PT!

catnapper
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I've been busy cleaning, moving, painting, etc all week. We decided to move my storage cabinet from my office to the kitchen since it was perfect for the additional storage we'd need in there for baby food and such. I almost fell over when I saw what was behind that cabinet.......

The Land of the Lost Cat Toys and a stockpile of food.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/OnlyOnPT.jpg

Of course Harry and Allen so selflessly helped me clean up the kibble. Very thoughtful boys! Afterwards, Allen was wiped out from all that hard work
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/my-hero.jpg

That cabinet was only there for a year --- imagine what could have accumulated in a few years? :eek: :eek: Only on PT could I show this and people would understand! :D

jazzcat
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
ROFLOL!!!!!!!

I've seen that exact stash of toys before but never the food stockpile. That is too funny!!!! Who is hiding food??? LOL!!!!!!!!!

sirrahbed
04-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Funny :D

In the military, we used to move every three years or so - and when the movers would come in and move some of the big things that had not budged for all that time - I would be greeted with piles of cat toys, socks and dustbunnies big enough to scare me :eek:

G535
04-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I could never work out why cats have to put their toys under things then try and get them out again, my cat always manages to get his toys under the cupboards or fridge.

rg_girlca
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
LOL!!!! One question though Kim, if you don't mind. :p

If that cabinet was in the office, how in heavens name did all that cat food get behind there????

AWWWW Allen, you do deserve a much needed rest after all that work.
How adorable you look though. :)

catnapper
04-01-2006, 08:03 PM
If that cabinet was in the office, how in heavens name did all that cat food get behind there????
They eat in my office. In fact they are eating their nightly wet food in here at this exact moment.... only now instead of eating on a 5' long cabinet, they are eating on a 3' bookcase :rolleyes: I might move 2 or 3 of the bowls since the eating quarters are much tighter now ;)

BTW, all the food was behind the cabinet because Flutter and Abby play with their food. Hockey is a great counter-top sport :p

rg_girlca
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
LOL!!!! Okay that explains it now. I have some hockey players here also. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2006, 12:41 AM
LOL This is too funny.:) My cats lose their toys under the refrigerator and under the couch and recliner too. I get a yard stick to try to get them out. Pearl's the main one that does this because she thinks that it's fun to try to reach for the toys when they're hidden.:)

jenluckenbach
04-02-2006, 04:57 AM
ROTFLOL. And so considerate of the boys to help you clean up the mess. :rolleyes:

Felix
04-02-2006, 08:22 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gifI UNDERSTAND all too well.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gifI UNDERSTAND all too well.

Me too! My Cally used to take toast directly from the toaster and hide it in all sorts of places :D

Kirsten
04-02-2006, 11:40 AM
LOL!!!! :D

Looks familiar to me! ;)

Kirsten

catmandu
04-02-2006, 12:49 PM
It Is Amazing What You Find When You Move Things After A While.
Toys And All Sort Of Things.
And Enough Food Sometimes To Fill A Dish.
And Sometimes A Few Mistakes,what The Found Cats Dont Want You To Find.

Glacier
04-02-2006, 01:00 PM
We got a new stove yesterday. The cats think they got all new toys today! The stash behind there was fairly amazing! I should have taken pics too!

RedHedd
04-02-2006, 01:45 PM
I get a yard stick to try to get them out. I do that too, which turns into yet another game as they try to catch the stick and then poke the toys back under the couch or whatever, while I'm down on the ground trying to flip out the toys that are trapped. Too funny and, yes, only on PT.

momcat
04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Groucho is also great at hiding things. When I leave for work each morning there's not a toy to be seen. But when I get home his toys are EVERYWHERE, even a few that I haven't seen for a while. Then there's the Great Shrimp Mystery around here that has become an inside joke with Soncat and me. For dinner one Sunday I planned to make a variation of paella and before leaving for church put the chicken, shrimp, and sausage in the sink to finish defrosting. Went to start cooking, chicken was there, sausage was there, shrimp was gone!!! Soncat and I literally tore the kitchen apart but never did find it. Several weeks later I decided to try making it again and put the chicken, sausage and shrimp in the sink. I was in another room no more than 20 minutes and when I went back to start cooking there was the chicken, the sausage, but NO SHRIMP!!!!! This time we did find it partially under a cabinet with the freezer bag intact and the shrimp unharmed. To this very day we haven't found the first bag of shrimp anywhere. While we don't want to make any unfounded accusations here, we believe that Groucho is the culprit. So now if we can't find something the immediate response is, "It must be with the shrimp!"

DJFyrewolf36
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
BTW, all the food was behind the cabinet because Flutter and Abby play with their food. Hockey is a great counter-top sport :p

Acording to my three, hockey with food is a sport to be played anywhere there isn't carpet, and even on carpet there are ways lol.

smokey the elder
04-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I've got stuff that hasn't been moved in years, and have bought dozens of little fur micies. There must be a hundred of them under the couch!

catcrazylady
04-03-2006, 05:51 PM
LOL!!!! :D :D :D Too funny Kim! I don't even want to know what's behind my heavy appliances. I know there are over 100 missing furry mice in this house, not to mention balls and numerous other toys. Something tells me that I wouldn't find a food stockpile though! ;) That is too funny!!!

Allen you are too ADORABLE!!!

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
:p Well hey meowmom we were just stocking up for a rainy day of food & play toys.. How funny. :D

Lobodeb
04-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Great! Now I'm afraid to move my furniture! lol

joanofark
04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
ROFL!:D

We moved our couch to paint and we found over one hundred bottle caps (Hobo's FAVORITE toy; it beats those silly balls we buy him) under it!!

(It's also like that with the fridge, stove entertainment center, bookshelves ect.)

The culprit...

"Who?? ME?!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Joanofark/Hobobaby3.jpg