PDA

View Full Version : My new project!!!

Giselle
04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
I am SO excited right now. After reading about the impact and severity of global warming, I contacted my professor about seeing what we could do to educate the children in China since China and India are (or are going to be) major powerhouses in the effort to mitigate global warming. My mind is bustling with ideas right now, and although the project may not work (an unfortunate ending which I am completely aware of), it never hurts to try. My main goal right now is to inform the children of one or two chinese schools. If the government doesn't interfere and if I receive sufficient support, then I'll expand the area with which I'm targeting.

I know this project may not work. I know I'm reaching too high. I know people may doubt me and laugh at my efforts. Yet, if the next generation is oblivious to the fact that our world, our earth, the land that sustains us is dying, who is going to be left to "save" the world? What is going to be left to save? It's a bittersweet journey, but if I encourage a single child to plant a single tree, I know I've made a difference.

*sighs* I hope this works because I'm feeling a little stupid about the whole thing right now =/

Edited to add: Oh dear! I forgot it's April Fool's Day, and today was the day I contacted my professor. LOL! I hope he doesn't think it's a joke! Now I really feel stupid :p