PDA

View Full Version : We're fostering a dog!!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
We decided to foster (possibly adopt) a corgi! He is about 8 months old, his name is Buddy. He has sores behind his legs and he's not neutered yet :( , but he will be neutered next week I think. So far, the dogs are all getting along ok, but Marta is a little protective of me and "her" spot. Here are a few pics- he's so cute!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IMG_2574.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IMG_2583.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IMG_2578.jpg

lute
04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
awww! what a cutie! fostering is always fun, but i hate the giving them up part.

buttercup132
04-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Aww yay! I hope you keep him he's really cute!

Toby's my baby
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
He's so cute!! Good luck with him, I hope you keep him! :D

lizbud
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
He's a cutie, From the pictures it looks like he's making all the right
moves for Marta. :) Very polite. Good luck with the fostering.

dappledoxie
04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Awwwwwww!! He's very cute! Good luck with him, I wouldn't be able to give him up. hehehe

Ginger's Mom
04-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Very cute. Yes, I agree with Lizbud, he appears to be approaching Marta carefully/appropriately. I really hope it works out for all of you whether he is there for a few months or permanently. Good for you for taking this cutie in. How long has he been with you?

k9krazee
04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Buddy is adorable!! Good for you for fostering this sweet boy :D

*iluvskipper*
04-01-2006, 09:28 PM
he's really cute. you really should adopt him!

Flatcoatluver
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
He is such a cutie!!! I'm in love!!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-02-2006, 06:04 AM
How long has he been with you?
Only since yesterday! When I got home from work, there was a 3rd dog greeting me!

Yes we are thinking about adopting him- he's such a friendly little guy! Marta & Adele are feeling a bit jealous right now but I think they will certainly adjust with time.

Alysser
04-02-2006, 07:28 AM
AW! He's sooooo cute! Congrats I hope you adopt him! :D

dappledoxie
04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Only since yesterday! When I got home from work, there was a 3rd dog greeting me!

Yes we are thinking about adopting him- he's such a friendly little guy! Marta & Adele are feeling a bit jealous right now but I think they will certainly adjust with time.

They probably will, it took Rebel about two weeks to play with Tucker. Claire did take to him right away though :)

zoomer
04-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I am absoulutly ADORING him! I sure hope you foster (possibly adopt) the cutie pie!

bckrazy
04-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Wow, that's an awesome thing for you to do! Poor boy, how did he get the sores? He's such a cute little tri boy, he's obviously trying to get Marta to approve ;) I'm sure he will fit in perfectly. I'd be so happy for you if you do end up failing fostering 101!

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Two Corgis in the house = heaven on earth ;) What a cute guy. Have fun with him! :D

RobiLee
04-03-2006, 06:14 AM
He is so cute. What a great thing you are doing. I can't lie though, I hope that it is a foster failure;).

Pembroke_Corgi
04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Wow, that's an awesome thing for you to do! Poor boy, how did he get the sores? He's such a cute little tri boy, he's obviously trying to get Marta to approve ;) I'm sure he will fit in perfectly. I'd be so happy for you if you do end up failing fostering 101!

Yes I think we are going to fail and adopt him. We filled out an application form today, and since we were approved for fostering I think all we need is approval from the landlord.

He has sores on the backs of his legs because I guess he is allergic to fleas, and his previous owners didn't do anything about it. :rolleyes: Also, the poor guy is a tad bit skittish- if you reach to pet him too fast he cringes so I'm pretty sure his last owners weren't too good to him. :(

Alysser
04-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes I think we are going to fail and adopt him. We filled out an application form today, and since we were approved for fostering I think all we need is approval from the landlord.

He has sores on the backs of his legs because I guess he is allergic to fleas, and his previous owners didn't do anything about it. :rolleyes: Also, the poor guy is a tad bit skittish- if you reach to pet him too fast he cringes so I'm pretty sure his last owners weren't too good to him. :(

AW! I hate that..But I'm glad he is in good hands now!