PDA

View Full Version : Our day on the movie set....

carole
03-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Well some of you knew Melissa was going to be an extra on a new movie being made here in my city, well we both ended up being extras in the audience, the film is MISPELT, i assume it is a low budget movie being made here and only for our audiences but i have no idea really, will be released sometime near the end of the year.

This was our first experience ever , and it was a bit long and tedious and the lights were so bright we both ended up with bad headaches, gosh it is a tiring job being an extra lol, but it was an experience that was good all the same, saw no-one famous until the end scene, both Melissa and I were sure the guy doing the last scene was from our NZ medical soap opera SHORTLAND STREET, we were too scared to ask and no-one seemed to pay him much attention, and then just as we were hanging around him this little girl asked, and sure enough it was the hunk that played Matt , he is no longer on there but it was a bit of a thrill, so i got enough courage to ask for a pic with him, he put his arms around us both and obliged, my heart missed a beat i am sure, so that really made it all worthwhile, we did not get any money, like most extras, but all the same it was something different, so it will be kewl to see the movie when it comes out. :)

Oggyflute
04-01-2006, 01:39 AM
I'll have to keep an eye out for it Carole, I'm sure it will be screened over here. :)

carole
04-01-2006, 04:39 AM
I guess it is a possibility Trev, honestly it was a neat experience, now i want to do more of them. :D

Killearn Kitties
04-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Interesting to see the process anyway I would think, and at least if your scene ends up on the cutting room floor, you will still have your photo! :D

carole
04-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Exactly my thoughts, yes we probably won't even be seen in the movie, but no matter, its kewl knowing that the clapping and ohs and ahs in the movie we were part of LOL, i think i have got the bug now, would love to do more.

They took a scene when we all were coming into the hall, so maybe we will be there who knows, it is a comedy, spelling bee competition with over the top security guards who even frisked people at the door can you imagine lol. :D