PDA

View Full Version : What will you name your next dog and what will it mean?

buttercup132
03-31-2006, 10:08 PM
For my Great Dane I'm going to name him Alto wich means tall in Spanish
And for my Chinese Crested I will name him Calvo wich means bald in Italian
:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I want to name my Toller one of these:

- River (my very favourite, Aero was, but I think this suits a Toller really well)
- Aero (my second favourite at the moment)
- Chilli
- Static (Because they always seem to be full of static...)

None of them have any sort of meaning like yours do, I just like those names for a Toller...:)

lol...I also really like the name "Nova" but I would never name a Toller something like that, people would probably think I don't have any sort of imagination seeing as Nova is part of their breed name....

Flatcoatluver
03-31-2006, 10:22 PM
My next Agility dog with be named Misty and registered as Mist in the wind. For all of the english setter's we have had has stareted with a T. and we will be getting a male this summer or winter and name him Tucker.

Vette
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Herm..... havent really gave it much though.

sammy101
03-31-2006, 11:10 PM
well,i dont really think about my next dogs,but for males i love the name Gus.and female i like Holly.I cant really decide until i know his/her personality.
:)

K9karen
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
No clue. Before I got Mz Logan (named after OUR PT Mz Logan) I had been considering a male, so I went to the vet and had them tell me how many names they already had that I was considering. I wanted to be different, but people beat me to it. I always thought "Milo" was neat, or "Mason", "Ivan", But, when I get another dog, I'll make the name decision when I see the dogster. I love the names you chose, really really different and special.

Shelteez2
04-01-2006, 12:40 AM
My next dog will be named Kipper. His registered name will be The Puck Stops Here. He will be named after Miika Kiprusoff the Calgary Flames goal tender. :D

The Cat Factory
04-01-2006, 12:49 AM
My next dog will be named Kipper. His registered name will be The Puck Stops Here. He will be named after Miika Kiprusoff the Calgary Flames goal tender. :D

I'm not really a Flames fan, but Kiprusoff is the man. :D

Anyway, I have not really decided on what I will name my next dog. :p

Miss Z
04-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Well, haven't really decided yet. When my brother is allowed a dog the names we came down to were Tuppence for a girl and Jeopardy for a boy. I don't think they mean anything, we just like them:rolleyes:

But we won't have a dog for a long time yet.

animal_rescue
04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
My next dog I plan on being a show doberman and I want to name him/her Laramie. LarmiPearl(I know it's pretty long for a show kennel) is going to be my kennel name when I start showing dobies.

BaileysMom
04-01-2006, 09:57 AM
My next dog will be a yorkie named Mayaleigh Rose which means 'mother' 'pretty/powerful' 'beautiful/flower/rose'
My baby's name now is Bailey Cale which means 'strong/brave/steward' 'faithful/dog'
And our cat's is Sadie Jane which means 'Queen/Princess' and 'gracious/merciful'

k9krazee
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
No idea :p And I definately won't be getting another dog for a VERY long time ( :( )

Kfamr
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I want to name my Toller one of these:

I thought you already had a Toller.. or do you mean your next Toller?? :confused:

I want to name my next dog Mufasa (Moo for short) or Sarabi (Bibi for short) to continue on TLK theme. ;) That's if the names fit, of course..

LuvGold00
04-01-2006, 10:25 AM
My next dog will be Diva, since she's going to be one of my Emmie's daughters... and Emmie is the Queen, it's a perfect name for one of her kids. :)

poofy
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
My next dog will be called Bennie Bop..
That is my oldest daughters nick name..lol..and my youngest daughter is Yolanda, hence the Yollie..I hope the next dog is a shizu or mix of shizu :)

buttercup132
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow everyones names are really neat! I cant wait to get my Dane puppy.

zoomer
04-01-2006, 11:11 AM
I need name suggestions for my Manchester Terrier (when we get him) :)

icedtea
04-01-2006, 02:54 PM
i reckon retro would be a cool name for a chihuahua

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow everyones names are really neat! I cant wait to get my Dane puppy.

When are you getting a Dane puppy? And what color? LOL! :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Forgot to add...

My next dog will probably be another Great Dane or a Mastiff. It all depends on our financial situation then, since we already have a Dane. The name of my next dog will obviously not be chosen until I get to know it's personality. We were going to name Bailey, Axel, but after he came home - Bailey suited him better.

Tasha :D

BC_MoM
04-01-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't think about "the next dog". I'm not planning "the next dog" (ie: breed, name, etc.) while my two are with me. :p

I'm going to enjoy every second with my babies I have at this moment in time without imagining what the next will be like. :)

animal_rescue
04-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I want to also get a pit bull and name him Kovu. I don't know why but I really like that name for a pittie. If I get a girl pit bull I'll call her Essance after a wonderful pit bull foster had a year ago named Essy.

I also want st. bernards. papillons, and goldens but I'm not to sure about names for them yet.

tricollie4me
04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Though not original at all, I love the name Jack for a male, and Willow for a female :) No plans for another dog, though, hubby says we have enough pets for a lifetime!

buttercup132
04-01-2006, 06:00 PM
When are you getting a Dane puppy? And what color? LOL! :D
Umm I'll be getting my Dane in like 3-4 years it will be Merle like yours or Harlequin but probly Har cause I love that colour so much! With pink pads:)
I'm so excited but its so far away. I'm hoping my parents will one day before then just say you can get one. I plan on moving out when I'm like 19 or 20 so I want to get it a year before I leave so it knows me and stuff and will protect me when I move on my own. If I can convince my parents to let me have him a year before I move out.

MariaM
04-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to name my NEXT dog, however, I do know plan to have a female yellow lab named Heidi and a male yellow lab named Jesse.

lizbud
04-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't think about "the next dog". I'm not planning "the next dog" (ie: breed, name, etc.) while my two are with me. :p

I'm going to enjoy every second with my babies I have at this moment in time without imagining what the next will be like. :)

I feel the same way. :) I just couldn't imagine it.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I thought you already had a Toller.. or do you mean your next Toller?? :confused:

Yes, I mean my next Toller.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Well, since we probably getting a Golden Retriever puppy next month, (May), we are thinking about naming her Lucy! :)

cloverfdx
04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
River if the name suits the dawg ;).

Yes, I mean my next Toller.
Did you forget to change the text under your avatar ;).

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Did you forget to change the text under your avatar ;).

No, I still want a well bred female Toller pup without all of the issues Comet had.

LuvGold00
04-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, since we probably getting a Golden Retriever puppy next month, (May), we are thinking about naming her Lucy! :)
A golden puppy!! What breeder are you going with? ;)

ParNone
04-04-2006, 11:41 AM
It'll be quite awhile before I get another dog, I think. When I hear or see names I like though, I try to make note of'em. And I try to pick names that have meaning to me.

So here's my list. They're girl names, because I think my next dog will more then likely be a girl:

My Girl Friday... and I'd call her Fry. Old movie buffs will get that one.

AppleSauce... and I'd probably call her Saucey. I dunno I just love that name for a Golden and I could connect it to Brady Bunch too. :)

Sleeping with the Zucchini... and I'd call her Zookie. Gilmore Girl Fans anyone?;)

Sookie... Also, because of Gilmore Girls. Whatta wonderful character. It'd be perfect for somewhat of a goofy, free spirited girl.

Zo... Oz backwards. ;)

Par...

gemini9961
04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Zoie. Like Zoe or Zoey, just with an "ie" ending. I have a lot of girl names. Next dog would probably be another girl.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-04-2006, 07:00 PM
A golden puppy!! What breeder are you going with? ;)
Ooooh.... let's see..... we're STILL looking for a breeder... do you know of any good ones? Our family friends, a getting a Basset Hound puppy!!! *Is very excited* :p They have 3 kids, a boy my age.. so little adorable Darcey will have lots of time to play! Thanks! ;)

lute
04-04-2006, 07:07 PM
if my next dog is a female dane i'm naming her Heaven. because being around a dane is like being in heaven. :D if my next one is a male dane i'm not sure. it depends on the dog.

zoomer
04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd like to name my Manchester Dakota or Nicki.

wolfsoul
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Well my next dog will be a male from Visa's litter. I have so many names going through my mind, but the one that sticks out is Attra Dea's Run For Your Life, "Havoc." A good name for a Belgian lol. I'm still thinking though. I might want to stick with that "V" theme, having a "v" in the name.

finn's mom
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I have liked the name Bucket if I got another male lab...from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's Charlie's last name. Or Mei Mei if I get a girl dog...because it's either Chinese or Japanese for "little sister." :)

lv4dogs
04-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Not sure exactly what my next dog will be, most likely an Aussie from a shelter. As far as names go I prefer to wait until I get the dog so I can get a better feel for the personality of the dog & also a name that the dog likes.

I could see myself with a male blue merle Aussie named Tateum though, Tate for short. I'm sure that an aussie would fit that name. Tis my dream name but for some reason Kaige just didn't seem like a Tate what so ever.
Meanings:
Tate: English for "He who brings happiness"
Tate: English & Irish for "A measure of land"
Tate: Old English for "to be cheerful; windy, a great talker"
Tatum: Old English for "cheerful bringer of joy"
Taite: cheerful (english)
Tait: cheerful (polish)
Tete: (pronounced Tate): he who talks too much (native american)

cloverfdx
04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I dont know why but i have been looking up "baby" names again :rolleyes:. I like the name Yukon.

Also....

Ennis (Wonder why ;) )
Yakone
Indra
Ferris

Suki Wingy
04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a list a page long! Here are just a few. I want to name them after pop :p :)
For a liver dal:
Mezzo Mixxx "Mixer"
For a black dal:
Fufu berry "Fouf" (Jones soda flavour)

bckrazy
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Wolfsoul, I love the name Havoc! :p That would fit a Belgie, hehe.

I don't like planning names, because it should just fit the dog. However, I'd love to get a red BC/Aussie/??? boy someday, and name him Fozzy, to go along with Gonzo ^_~... I've thought of a bajillion names for my Corgi. A bajillion. I really like traditional names, like Hue, Ash, Maize, and Ruby. I really like the name Maizy too, I read somewhere that it means "goofy", which pretty much describes a Corgi.

WarahGirl1995
04-05-2006, 07:22 PM
im not shure what i will name my next dog, but the dog i have now is named after a survivor from the show on ABC,Surviver. He got his name becuase he survived the streets.At first i didnt like the name but when my dad told me why he wanted that name for Rupert I knew it was the perfect name for him. :)