PDA

View Full Version : cataracts?

davidpizzica
03-30-2006, 05:03 PM
My right eye has been cloudy for a little while. I think I might have a cataract. It's real blurry and it's like looking through a very dirty window. Does this mean it's a cataract? Has anyone else had one? I'm starting to be very concerned.

Catty1
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Best to see your eye doc...and Google on cataracts

The surgery for them these days is really straightforward, if required.

(I was thinking about the old joke about putting Windex in your drinks so your vision stays clear...but never mind.)

Get it checked out, then you'll know for sure.

hugs
Catty1

cyber-sibes
03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Get a vision exam, if you haven't had one for a while. When you get to be *a certan age*, it's best to stay on top of your eye health. We had ours a couple months ago and my husband learned he is developing a cataract, but the doc says it'll be years before he has significant problems. right now I guess it's just making his vision a little yellow. As Catty1 says, they have amazing surgery now for cataracts, it's not like it used to be. :)

gemini9961
03-31-2006, 04:44 AM
David it sounds very much like a cataract. Or it could be something with your cornea itself. Either way, a trip to the opthlamologist sounds in order. :)

smokey the elder
03-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Also, I seem to remember that you are diabetic? So it's important to keep after any eye troubles. Good luck!

lv4dogs
03-31-2006, 10:16 AM
I have no experience with cataracts per say, although a relative did have them. The only thing I would suggest is a trip to the eye doctor as soon as possible. I do know though that the sooner they catch them the better your chances of treatment.

Karen
03-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Cataract surgery is not the ordeal it was years ago, in case you're worried about that. My big brother had one removed 3 or 4 years ago. He called a few days later and said "Gee, the world is a colorful place now, did you mess with the saturation?" ;)

Eyes are tricky - it could be a cataract, or something else. Get thee to the doc ASAP, the earlier these things are caught, the better the outcome.

Dad, over the past year-or-so, has been battling "the big 3" - glaucoma, macular degeneration and slight cataracts. They have new treatments, especially for the macular degeneration, and his vision is now better than it's been in a while - he needed new glasses this fall!

smokey the elder
03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
My grandma had cataract surgery at 95 (!) Any surgery is risky, but getting les so.