PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love with my...

chrangharris
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
chiropractor! HEE HEE! (There is something I never thought I would say)

I've been having really bad hip pain with this pregnancy-bad enough that some nights I can hardly walk. I was talking to my OB about it and we both agree that I'm starting this a bit to early and medicine just isn't an option. She suggested a chiropractor and I thought it was worth a shot. I had my first appt today. I guess I have one hip that is sitting farther forward then the other one causing my pain. He was able to start the adjustment process and I already notice a huge difference.

Since I was already there, I mentioned my constant neck pain/headaches and chronic sinus infections (one a month on average). He did some work on my neck- the neck pain/headache has been reduced- still there but a whole lot better. He also said that this could help with my sinus infections! YEAH!

Anyone else have a good experience with a chiropractor?

sasvermont
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I was terrified to go to one. My back starting hurting badly after a major painting project at my house. Just as I was finishing up with all of the cleanup work, my back decided to quit on me. I was in agony. Within three visits I was able to walk, sit etc. and I was so happy I let go of my fears.....

I would not hestiate to go back again, if necessary.

I swear by them! :cool:

buttercup132
03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes I have scoliosis in my back with a 29 degree curve..my neck instead of going like back it went forward somehow. So I go there every Monday. He hurts sometimes and after sometimes when he cracks my neck it hurts but in like half a hour it feels better.

Karen
03-30-2006, 02:19 PM
My grandfather had a chiropractor he trusted, and that was in the 1940's, long before I was even born, so I had heard of chiropractors long before anyone else I knew. He, and Dad, always cautioned there are good ones and there are charlatans, be sure you get recommendations before you visit one, if ever you need it. Thankfully, I have not, but I understand it can make a world of difference to people.

king2005
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
I watched my mom one app. & will never set foot in their office again. I was myabe 5 or 6..

kimboe
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
My boyfriend went after a really bad snowboarding accident, His upper back is better, and his knees use to hurt from work but now they don't.
Plus, My friend she went and her chiropracter knew she had a murmer without telling him. And that her pelvic bone was pionting to forward which caused her lower back pain. She feels much better. And I swear she's gotten taller. (She sits up much more straighter)
I think its good to go.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I went to a chiropractor a few years ago for. It was an ongoing process and I think I went for about 1 1/2 years before my insurance started putting up a fuss. :rolleyes:

One time I was there and another lady came in. It was a small office so he talked to her while he worked on me. He told me the story - she had been pregnant and it was a difficult pregnancy and the baby was already turned inside of her. With regular visits to him, in less than 3 months the baby was positioned correctly and she had an easy birth - all due to the chiropractor!!

I always thought they were kind of a quack kind of thing, but I'm a true believer now. This guy took the time to explain how my knee bone is connected to my leg bone which is connected to my hip bone which is connected to my back bone which is connected.....and if even 1 of those bones is even a little out of whack, it can throw your whole body out off.

sirrahbed
04-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I always thought they were kind of a quack kind of thing, but I'm a true believer now. This guy took the time to explain how my knee bone is connected to my leg bone which is connected to my hip bone which is connected to my back bone which is connected.....and if even 1 of those bones is even a little out of whack, it can throw your whole body out off.

I had the same impression of Chiropractic since I come from a medical background...I have now come to prefer Osteopathy and so am interested in the non-medical and non-surgical approach to health care. We are retired military and our benefits do not cover Chiropractors yet. I would definitely try one if they were covered. For many years I have had migraines, neck and shoulder pain, sciatica - and I often wonder if these things are related and could be helped by adjustment.

So glad that this doctor has already helped you to feel better Chris :)

Uabassoon
04-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I went this past week for the first time in years. The last rugby game I went to I had a really bad fall, I was picked up then tossed on the ground and landed on my neck. My back and neck had bothered me so much so I went to the Chiropracter. I feel so much better now, I'll go again this week then hopefully I will be feeling 100% back to normal.

shais_mom
04-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I too swear by most of them. My parents first took me to one when I was 6 months old and my legs were starting to turn pigeon toed. He adjusted me on his lap.
I had a bad experience with one when I was older and didn't go again for years then I went off and on every couple months now recently started going in the beginning of January and feel so much better. I think they are just like any other medical professional. They can hurt you and they can help you.
I was sitting in the office a few weeks ago and heard the dr telling a patient (very small office) he was telling how this big guy came to him (over 6 feet and over 250 pounds) had severe pain in his back. As soon as he started working on him he could feel his muscles making a popping sound without even adjusting him yet. He asked the patient do you drink much water and he said No - couldn't remember the last time he drank a glass of water. He asked how much pop do you drink? Oh about 6-8 cans of moutain dew or pepsi a day. Dr said to him your muscles are dehydrated and that is the cause of your back pain they are causing them to stick together instead of sliding over each other like they are supposed to. Decrease the amount of pop and increase your water and your pain will lessen - soon the patient had given up pop and drank only water and he pain had been cut in more then half!