PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview Tomorrow.. UPDATE: Got it - First Day was Today

Jessika
03-29-2006, 11:59 PM
I have an interview at The Fudgery (http://www.fudgeryfudge.com/) tomorrow at 10am. I emailed the district manager yesterday, and went in today to pick up an application and talked to the store manager. He said the district manager called and read him my email and said I sounded very outgoing and confident! He also asked what I was applying for (crew, manager, etc) and he said I might as well just go for a manager because it would impress the DM. Soo.. I'm excited! I didn't think my email was THAT great... I just told him a little about myself and my background hehe. So maybe he just said that to everyone who came in, but it looks promising. He said if I was good, they would FIND somewhere to place me. :o

I know its not the BEST job in the world, but it sounds like something fun and I would rather have a job that I looked forward to going to and had fun at than one that was boring and I dreaded going to every day.

UPDATE ON PAGE 2 :)

gini
03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I hope you get the job - and I agree - having something fun to go to work to makes life a lot more stress free and enjoyable.

Good Luck!

beeniesmom
03-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Good luck. I couldn't work there..... I'd eat everything!

JenBKR
03-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Yummy yummy yummy I agree Carmen, I couldn't work there either :o There wouldn't be anything left to sell! Good luck at the interview, be sure to let us know how it goes! Sounds like it would be a fun job :D

Corinna
03-30-2006, 10:16 AM
good luck .

lv4dogs
03-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Good luck Jess. :D

king2005
03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Best of luck :)

It was my personallity that landed me this fun job :)
Its not the greatest pay, but its enough to live off of & I enjoy going to work & almost always forget that my shift is over :D

I had no real skills to offer this company, but my personallity won them over, they kept moving me around the company, just to keep me & 2 managers were fighting over me hehehe I'm a quick learner & enjoy doing any sort of work in a friendly enviroment.

I find having a nice smile, no perfume, very little body mist (2 quick sprays), no to very little make up & a young go to attitude tends to win over a lot of managers :)

ChrisH
03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Good luck!!

Husky_mom
03-30-2006, 11:26 AM
i dont know what teh Fudgery is, and havent looked at the link but i assume it invloves food..........so iŽm just hungry now :p

congrats and best of luck!!! youŽll knock them down

Jessika
03-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Woohoo I landed it! Very quickly.. would start TODAY but don't have my social security card.. I have to drive to Springfield to get another one! But I'll start tomorrow then! :) HJ is very happy, he says he is treating me to a big juicy T-bone steak at a steakhouse tonight lol

The Fudgery makes fudge, but you also put on a show while doing it. You sing, dance, there is backup vocals and everything. So I am in the "entertainment" and "food" biz now I guess LOL

gini
03-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Good for you! Have fun - and be sure to tell us all about it.

Fudge? I would be your first customer!!!

CagneyDog
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Congratulations! :D

Whatever happened to the petstore job?

Anita Cholaine
03-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Yay!:D Congratulations!! Hope everything goes well on your first day at work, whenever you start ;)

buttercup132
03-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Where did you work before?

I HATED my work before too. Like some of the people there were nice but not all the time. And the owner was being a real @#$%* and was yelling at me to take my peircings out so I said I quit! And now it seems that everyone misses me and the people who were a little mean are upset I left:confused:
Anyways I got a job at a pet food supply store and were going to be getting in some rescue bunnies from a HUGE bunny rescue crew. I'm so excited!

I'm glad they really liked you sounds like fun. Although I dont think I could handle the singing cause I'm awful..in fact I dont think the staff would be able to handle my singing!! LOL. But I'm sure you will do great!

Jessika
03-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Whatever happened to the petstore job?

Where did you work before?

I worked at PetCo but had to leave because I moved and there is no PetCo in this area (and the nearest Petsmart is an hour away).

I went to Springfield (hour away), got my SS card and went to this pet supply store that opened recently and they sold all the "high quality" pet foods that I have been looking for! HJ isn't too happy, he says the prices are outrageous (but Nutro is anywhere from $5 - $7 cheaper per bag!!). The lady there even offered me a job!! :o But its a shame its so far away, otherwise I would be working there now LOL

But I'm happy I got a job, I picked up my shirt when I brought her my SS information and I start Saturday! :D

k9krazee
03-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow, cool!! Congrats!! :D

luvofallhorses
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats!! :)

Jadapit
03-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Congrats to you! Sounds like a fun job. They would never hire me I would run off all the customers with my singing. ;) Do you live near Branson? My mom loves that place, she has my dad take her there every year.

Jessika
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats to you! Sounds like a fun job. They would never hire me I would run off all the customers with my singing. ;) Do you live near Branson? My mom loves that place, she has my dad take her there every year.

I live IN Branson, actually! Next time your parents come in, have them to go the IMAX theatre; I work that that Fudgery now :D

ChrisH
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Jessika
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
First day today - didn't go too bad. I ate before I came to work but I don't know, maybe I was getting sick, I almost passed out THREE TIMES!!! :o It was probably from the heat at first... but I went from being REALLY hot to FREEZING in a matter of minutes! She let me take my lunch and I got something to eat and I felt fine after that.. but still.. how embarassing! :embarassed:

moosmom
04-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Jessika,

Congrats on your job!! It's great working for a place you actually have fun at!

Flatcoatluver
04-02-2006, 12:31 PM
YAH!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! :D Wish I had a job like that!!!