PDA

View Full Version : Back to the white coats

dab_20
03-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Sam has got to go back to the vet for the third time this week. I really think he's had enough. My mom looked at the stitches and he is extremly swollen down there and very red. It is more red then yesterday and this morning. My mom decided to put ointment on the red inflamed part (not the incision) and Sam totally went crazy for like 2 minutes, he was in so much pain. I cried a little because I feel so bad for him... the poor guy. :( So we think he might have an infection. Well, my mom works tomorrow so she can't take him so she called her friend and asked her. I am coming with tomorrow at around 11. (don't go to school until 12 tomorrow) I just hope he doesn't have an infection. :(

gemini9961
03-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Oh no poor Sam. Get better little guy.

dab_20
03-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks. I will update you after the appointment.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I hope everything goes well. Poor little Sam!

Jadapit
03-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Awww, poor baby! I hope everything goes well at the vet.

lv4dogs
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Poor buy, my thoughts go out to him. Hope the vet fixes him up for good this time.
Has he been bothering the area still?

dab_20
03-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Poor buy, my thoughts go out to him. Hope the vet fixes him up for good this time.
Has he been bothering the area still?

Well when I take his cone off to eat or go potty he will start licking and acctually biting the area. So now I have to keep the cone on even when he goes potty... which he hasn't went potty in a loooong time because he won't with the cone on, but I've got no other choice. He always pees all over at the vet so I'm sure that's when he'll go. :rolleyes: I can tell he wants to bother the area still because he will spin in circles and cry because he can't get to it. Thanks everyone. I will update you tonight!

MomToThree
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Poor guy. I hope everything is okay. Please keep us updated.

Ginger's Mom
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Aww, poor Sam. I hope the vet can help get things straightened out, and Sam will be well on his way to recovery. Ever so gentle hugs to that brave little boy.

lv4dogs
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
How'd the vet visit go? Or did I miss an update elsewhere? Hope all is good.

dab_20
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
The vet visit was very short. He does not have an infection but it's extremely irratated. So they gave us Betagen Topical Spray that I spray him twice a day. He hates it and when I spray him he squirms all over. He has to wear his cone for about 2 weeks. Poor little guy... I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious.

lv4dogs
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Thats good that it's nothing serious. That spray is awesome, well I have used the name brand many times before, Gentocin, it's all the same though, just they didn't have a genaric spray back then. lol

Toby's my baby
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Aww, poor guy! I'm glad you got some stuff for him, hopefully he'll be all better soon! :(

*iluvskipper*
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
:( :( :( poor puppy :( :( :( y don't u go to school till 12???

dab_20
03-30-2006, 04:34 PM
:( :( :( poor puppy :( :( :( y don't u go to school till 12???
A teacher died and it was his funeral this morning. :(

Thanks everyone, hopefully he'll feel much better soon.

My Peanuts
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
He has to wear his cone for about 2 weeks. Poor little guy... I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious.

I'm sorry Sam is having trouble. 2 weeks? Jimmy is getting his neutering and bladder surgery stitches out and it's only been 10 days since the bladder surgery. Does he have to wear the cone even after the stitches are out?

Vela
03-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Well if you have a Wal-Mart close by it might help to at least try the boys briefs. I had a lot of trouble until then too. There is no guarantee it will work but it did work well for my when my boy was doing the same thing. It healed up fast after that. You can buy a pack of 3 for like 5 bucks and that gives you extra to wash them. That's what I bought. Hope it heals up fast.

*iluvskipper*
03-30-2006, 04:41 PM
A teacher died and it was his funeral this morning. :(

Thanks everyone, hopefully he'll feel much better soon.

o thats sad :( was he old? (how did he die?)

dab_20
03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
o thats sad :( was he old? (how did he die?)

He was 53... had a heart attack. :(

dab_20
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Well if you have a Wal-Mart close by it might help to at least try the boys briefs. I had a lot of trouble until then too. There is no guarantee it will work but it did work well for my when my boy was doing the same thing. It healed up fast after that. You can buy a pack of 3 for like 5 bucks and that gives you extra to wash them. That's what I bought. Hope it heals up fast.

DId you cut a hole in them so he could pee? Coulden't he lick through the hole?

*iluvskipper*
03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
He was 53... had a heart attack. :(

oh thats sad. my dad's 53. lol i don't think u care tho. haha

dab_20
03-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry Sam is having trouble. 2 weeks? Jimmy is getting his neutering and bladder surgery stitches out and it's only been 10 days since the bladder surgery. Does he have to wear the cone even after the stitches are out?

Well the lady told me ten days to 2 weeks. I'm not really sure. The stitches desolve on there own but the end where they tie it up might not... so he might need to go have it cut, or we'll do it ourselves. I could ask again if he gets that tie out at the vets.

dab_20
03-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I saw a little blood on the incision just now... did the stitches rip? I REALLLY hope not because Sam hates me right now for taking him to the vet too much.

Vela
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I did cut the hole so he could pee, and one behind for the other business, but it didn't need more cute away then he needed to fit his "parts" out. The breifs still covered his incision no problem. He never tried to stick his tongue in the hole to lick his incision, but I can't guarantee your's wouldn't.

My Peanuts
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
I saw a little blood on the incision just now... did the stitches rip? I REALLLY hope not because Sam hates me right now for taking him to the vet too much.

Jimmy has had so many problems since I got him. At one point I was at the vet 6 out of 7 days in a week. Jimmy’s file at the vet is bigger than RB Angie's, Sylvia's, Harley's, and Morty's put together, no joke. Worst part is we've only had him since August 29th 2005! So I know what you mean. I like to think that they know why we take them to the vet so much.

Look closely, if he popped a stitch you have to take him back right away. Also, if he ever needs stitches again I advise against the dissolvable ones if you can. I got those when Harley was neutered thinking they were better and easier. He got neutered at the shelter and I didn't want to drive all the way back there to have them removed. Our vet had to fix them because the skin was growing over them before they dissolved and causing an infection. Those "easy stitches” ended up being a huge pain in the butt for me and poor Harley!

dab_20
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Jimmy has had so many problems since I got him. At one point I was at the vet 6 out of 7 days in a week. Jimmy’s file at the vet is bigger than RB Angie's, Sylvia's, Harley's, and Morty's put together, no joke. Worst part is we've only had him since August 29th 2005! So I know what you mean. I like to think that they know why we take them to the vet so much.

Look closely, if he popped a stitch you have to take him back right away. Also, if he ever needs stitches again I advise against the dissolvable ones if you can. I got those when Harley was neutered thinking they were better and easier. He got neutered at the shelter and I didn't want to drive all the way back there to have them removed. Our vet had to fix them because the skin was growing over them before they dissolved and causing an infection. Those "easy stitches” ended up being a huge pain in the butt for me and poor Harley!

Poor Jimmy. Is he doing ok, now? I wish they could know it's only to help them.

I will ask my mom to look at the stitches tonight. She's a human nurse and she knows a little about that stuff. That's dumb how vets recommend those stitches when that can happen.

My Peanuts
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Poor Jimmy. Is he doing ok, now? I wish they could know it's only to help them.

So far so good. He got his stitches out last night and the techs said everything looks good. He's peeing well now, thank God. I just hope those darn stones don't come back. Thanks for asking. :)

Anita Cholaine
03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Poor boy. :( At least he doesn't have an infection... Feel better soon, Sam!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Awwww!! Poor little guy is really having a rough go of it. I sure hope he gets better soon. This has to be so frustrating for all of you :(

Vette
03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Awww poor litttle dude.
all paws and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery

dab_20
03-31-2006, 09:45 PM
So far so good. He got his stitches out last night and the techs said everything looks good. He's peeing well now, thank God. I just hope those darn stones don't come back. Thanks for asking. :)

That's great he's feeling better!

Sam is doing soooo much better! :) We went to petsmart and got a clear cone that acctually fits him well. He is so much happier with it on. And his wound is alot better, too. Barely even red anymore. We still have to use the spray which is a HUGE pain in the butt because he absolutly hates it.... but it sure helps! Thanks for the wishes to get well everyone!! Sam and I appreciate it!

Vette
03-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Whoraw!! hes on the way to speedy recovery. :D

K9karen
03-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Sorry to be behind reading this, but I'm glad I got to the good part! I'm so thrilled that Sam is doing better despite the collar and the spray. Don't you wish you could sit them down and explain things to them? Looking back, I was so lucky with Cody. he never ever touched his stitches, didn't even realize what happened. Stitches out without a movement. I'm still so grateful for that to this day. Please hug (gently) Sam for me.

Ginger's Mom
04-01-2006, 07:58 AM
I am glad to hear that Sam is feeling more comfortable and happy. Still hoping for a quick recovery for the little guy.

zoomer
04-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh, poor boy :( I can't even imagine what he or you are going through. Good luck and Sam will me in my thoughts and prayers.

Get Well Soon Sammy Boy!

zoomer
04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Oh I just read your recent thread and that's great that he's getting better!

dab_20
04-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Well his new cone doesn't work so he has the old one again. He is still a bit happier because he's getting used to it. His stitches look even better today. I can't wait until he's all better!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Sam is doing soooo much better! :)

That's great!! I'm glad he's feeling better. :)