PDA

View Full Version : 5 Day Race Against Death

mrbluekittie
03-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Imagine being told you have only 5 days to live?

Every frightened cat huddled in a cage at Animal Control in Spalding Georgia is doomed to that race, their finish line-death by suffocation in the gas chamber.

You can save them.

Callie the orange & white calico girl--an owner surrender-her biggest concern in life used to be-"Where's my dinner?" Now our biggest concern for her is her life.

Smokey the silky grey boy -- was trapped by Animal Control because his owners moved away--without packing up their baby daughter's favorite Christmas present-her grey kitten from 2 years ago.

Piston-- a graceful grey and white old lady, struggling on her own-crawled into a car engine to get warm and cut up her mouth.

Animal Control's job is to trap animals, cage them for five days and if not adopted or reclaimed, gas them.

You can help them.
You can save them.

Savethekitties, a nationwide network of animal lovers needs your help.

Every scared innocent cat that comes into Animal Control used to have a less than 5% chance for rescue.
Since December 2005, Savethekitties has been reversing that statistic to an amazing 95% chance at life. We have enabled the rescue and adoption of over 100 cats, finding them forever homes or foster homes and boarding until we can get them into loving, secure refuge.

However kitten season is fast approaching-a population explosion in the making. Hundreds of cats will need our help. Already, Lucy girl, a first-time young mother with 6 newborns is sheltering her tiny babies in the back room of Animal Control. Little Lucy, considered too wild to be displayed on the adoption floor, is hidden away from the public, dooming her innocent kittens to death in five days.

Will you save her? Savethekitties can help her--we need your generous support to foster Lucy and her family for 8 weeks, to rescue Callie and find Smokey a family that won't discard them again We need your help to provide Piston with a warm bed and the medical treatment for her wounds.

Your generous support of $165 provides each needy cat the necessary medical attention including vaccinations and spay/neutering to stop the population explosion. Your gift of $165 helps each cat live safely until loving refuge can be found. 100% of your donation goes to the welfare of these animals. For frightened new mothers like Lucy, special boarding is required. Her boys and girls will be socialized so they will become playful loving pets. Lucy-- if she never learns to trust humans-- can be transported to a farm refuge with others of her kind to live free from cages and be safe. There are currently over 40 cats in the continuing care of Savethekitties network. 100% of your donation will enabale us to save all the hundreds of Georgia cats that are doomed to this 5 day race.

Our network of volunteers are individuals like you. SavetheKitties receives no federal or state support. It is only through your generosity that STK will be able to save hundreds of lives each year.

Friendly or feral, cuddly newborn or purring adult, all cats in Spalding will be gassed unless we can save them and we simply can't do it without you.

Please send your supportive caring gift today. Please click on our website and witness the many animals we have saved. Please click on our Donate Now button so we can continuing rescuing all the kittens and all the cats from this five day race against death. Please send your check or money order donation to SavetheKitties, Inc. to help us continue rescuing--responsibly.

Thank you on behalf of all the forgotten and abandoned animals,

Barbara Lowe
volunteer
WWW.SAVETHEKITTIES.ORG

Please make checks or money out to
SavetheKitties Inc

SavetheKitties, Inc Rescue
5657 Forester Pond Ave.
Sarasota, Florida 34243

View all the animals at
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=GA42&preview=1

Come join us in this fight against death!
We can and will make a difference in the lives of cats like Piston, Smokey, Callie, Lucy and her newborn children with continued support from individuals like you.
Thank you!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/mrbluekittie/Save%20the%20Kitties/Piston.jpg

jenluckenbach
03-30-2006, 05:16 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(

I hate stuff like this because I do all I can for the homeless cats (as do many of our people here). We just can't save them ALL. And it's heart breaking.

mrbluekittie
03-30-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm sorry, and I hate posting things like this. I know everyone does what they can to help the homeless and unwanted pets but we must get the word out in the hopes that one person might want to save one in the GA area.

Thanks,
Mrbluekittie

belterv
04-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow, those stories where really sad.