PDA

View Full Version : MOM! Luke's touching me!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Earlier today while I was puttering around in the kitchen, I looked over at the cats' shelves by the window. Chester and Luke were facing each other and not the happiest of campers. Chester had been sleeping on the shelf and Luke decided to join him. The shelf is big enough for all four at once and Luke and Chester often sleep there together. For some reason Chester decided to take offence at Luke's wanting to lay there too today. I'm fairly sure who started it. Luke is a big old marshmallow and even lets the others use him as a pillow. I looked over just in time to see Luke take his left paw and gently touch Chester's shoulder. Chester pushed back. Of course, Luke retaliated; another gentle push. Chester then nipped at Luke so I seperated them. I put Chester on the top shelf because he usually likes it better and as a punishment for nipping. Later I looked over there and Chester had the bottom shelf back and Luke went to sleep in the bathroom window. Kids! It reminded me so much of when my brother and I drove our parents nuts on car trips when we were kids. We'd touch each other's arm or knee and whine: "Mom, Larry's touching me." "Mom, Connie's touching ME!" We did it just because we were kids! I've heard of cats starting to look like their owners but I didn't realize they would start to act like us too!:D

LoudLou
04-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Aren't they FUN! Did you ever hear Bill Cosby talk about his kids?
"Would you STOP touching ME! Stop Touching ME. MOM he touched me! He touched ME! Stop touching ME!".
......As I type Mocha is playing this very game with Bonzo right now. Soon it will lead to hissing. Then end with Mocha running to her Daddy with that look of .. "Well, HE started it!":rolleyes: :D

Gio
04-26-2002, 06:54 AM
:D Sounds familiar! :D :D

04-26-2002, 09:11 AM
hahahaha , sounds like LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

pets are the greatest !! what would we begin without those .......................

Heather Wallace
04-26-2002, 09:46 AM
My two do something similar. They have a box on top of the fridge, because tatty is the bigger cat he takes up most of the room. Sometimes max has been in the box sleeping and Tatty comes along and somehow he seems to evict poor Max from his spot.

Logan
04-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Too cute!! I love how you "punish" too!! LOL!! Mine never get close enough to each other to even do that! If Butter walks into the same room, Mimi hisses at the poor boy every time!!! LOL!! :D