PDA

View Full Version : - New Bailey Pictures *6* -

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-29-2006, 03:38 PM
I finally got around to taking some new pictures of my boy. He will be 4 months old on April 5th, gosh time flies by! He has grown a bit since I last posted pictures, hard to believe eh? Bailey loves everyone and everything, he only barks at strange men when I take him for a potty, and occasionally at other dogs (at night only). His potty training is getting better, but I know it's going to be a while before I can trust him not to have an accident on the floor. LOL! His tag came in the mail today, I love it. It is a round, plastic blue tag and he is showing it off in these pictures. I also bought him a prong collar, he is much better on his leash now. Oh, Bailey had his first bath last night, what a little BABY! He was so nervous, but managed to stay calm enough for me! Anyway, here are some pictures of Bailey being himself...

:D

Chewing his bully stick...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit5.jpg

Watching the squirrels outside...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit4.jpg

Comparing his paw to a regular sized tennis ball! :p

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit1.jpg

His paw in my hand...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit2.jpg

Another...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit3.jpg

Bailey and his best friend, Sierra (my daughter)!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Bailey%20March%202006/Edit.jpg

I will take more pictures when he goes for his walk, I just have to let him finish his nap first! Hope you enjoyed!

Jadapit
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I love him so much. Can I have him? Please! My girls need a good looking male in the house. ;) He really is beautiful.

The Cat Factory
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Aww! Cute Pictures. I love the one of him and Sierra :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-29-2006, 03:41 PM
I love him so much. Can I have him? Please! My girls need a good looking male in the house. ;) He really is beautiful.

Nobody is having my special boy! Although he would probably love being around your beautiful girls! ;)

lv4dogs
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Good gawds is he ever so handsome. If you ever get sick of him, need a dog sitter, anything send him my way please. ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Aww! Cute Pictures. I love the one of him and Sierra :D

Thanks! Bailey & Sierra L-O-V-E each other. Sierra says "kiss, kiss" and he licks her face, it is so sweet. :D

Good gawds is he ever so handsome. If you ever get sick of him, need a dog sitter, anything send him my way please. ;)

Thank you, too bad you don't live closer or you could be my dogsitter! :) :D

sammy101
03-29-2006, 04:37 PM
He is soo handsome :) He's going to be a gorgeous boy.

BaileysMom
03-29-2006, 04:38 PM
He's a cutie! Love his name ;)

Dani and Bailey

Toby's my baby
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
O my goodness, Bailey has grown!! :eek:! I just love seeing pictures of you baby, i hope we get to see LOTS more soon!! :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

Alysser
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Aw, I'm to busy tonight to steal him! :( Your daughter is absolutley ADORABLE! He'se soooooooooo freakin' handsome! COngrats on the new collar cutie!

AllAmericanPUP
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
he's a cutie :D

a prong collar shouldnt be that loose on a dog
http://www.leerburg.com/fit-prong.htm

Pembroke_Corgi
03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
He's so cute...and HUGE!! I can't believe his paw is that big! He's got the sweetest face too. :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
he's a cutie :D

a prong collar shouldnt be that loose on a dog
http://www.leerburg.com/fit-prong.htm

Okay, I will fix that! My sister was saying they should be up behind the jaw... :)

new mom to a veiled
03-29-2006, 09:04 PM
WOW he is stunning!!!!!! I will fly out there to dog sit him!!!!! LOL

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone! I fixed Baileys prong collar, I read it should be 1/2 a finger between the prong tip and the dogs skin? Should it really be that tight?

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-30-2006, 12:43 AM
He's gorgeous!!! I can't believe how huge is paws are, I thought Winston was big and his paws aren't anywhere near the size of Bailey's...lol

gemini9961
03-30-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm like everyone else and in awe at his size. My parents have a 6 month old GSD and I thought her paws were big. :o Bailey is probably bigger than her now and he's only 4 months. :eek: What a loveable, adorable pup he is. Send him my way when he visits everyone else? ;)

.sarah
03-30-2006, 01:36 AM
The paw pictures are so neat! He's such a gorgeous boy. Nova's already asking what his phone number is :p ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks everyone! Nova dear, Bailey would love to have a girlfriend! Maybe next Valentines Day? :p

lv4dogs
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I fixed Baileys prong collar, I read it should be 1/2 a finger between the prong tip and the dogs skin? Should it really be that tight?

I'm not exactly sure if that is the "correct" way or not. Me personally I just judge it by eye, I want it loose enough so that the dog is not getting any tension what so ever when relaxed and also so that you can easily turn it to re-position it in the case that it should slip into the wrong position. Yet I want it tight enough so that when I do pull on it it will give the dog a correction.

Lori Jordan
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
too cute

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm not exactly sure if that is the "correct" way or not. Me personally I just judge it by eye, I want it loose enough so that the dog is not getting any tension what so ever when relaxed and also so that you can easily turn it to re-position it in the case that it should slip into the wrong position. Yet I want it tight enough so that when I do pull on it it will give the dog a correction.

Thanks, I made it a little looser. It just seemed way too tight right under the jaw.

Husky_mom
03-30-2006, 03:27 PM
HOLY COW!!!! HUMONGOUS PAWS!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!

hes so big now, awwww makes me wanna steal him.......... ;)
hes just too gorgeous

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks! Alot of people want to steal Bailey, thank gawd I live in Canada! LOL!

Husky_mom
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
well i might as well satr saving LOL, nah i couldnt maybe just for visit, but iŽll for sure (if i ever do) steal a pic of him, hes too good to be true

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 03:40 PM
well i might as well satr saving LOL, nah i couldnt maybe just for visit, but iŽll for sure (if i ever do) steal a pic of him, hes too good to be true

LOL! Bailey is an amazing puppy! He will be going to Obedience School soon... :p

Giselle
03-30-2006, 11:15 PM
He's growing like a weed!!!! :eek: What a gorgeous boy!!!!

(Have you ever fitted a prong collar before? A professional trainer I know suggests that the collar should be placed right behind the ears of the dog. Howeve, for the sake of your pup, you shouldn't start him on a prong collar until the professional trainer tells you to. Many trainers now suggest that a dog should start out on a flat buckle, and use training collars as next/last resorts ;))

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-30-2006, 11:40 PM
He's growing like a weed!!!! :eek: What a gorgeous boy!!!!

(Have you ever fitted a prong collar before? A professional trainer I know suggests that the collar should be placed right behind the ears of the dog. Howeve, for the sake of your pup, you shouldn't start him on a prong collar until the professional trainer tells you to. Many trainers now suggest that a dog should start out on a flat buckle, and use training collars as next/last resorts ;))

I was using a flat buckle collar for quite a while. Can you explain why I should'nt use a prong collar? I have never read/heard about not using these collars on puppies and would love to know why it isn't recommended.

Thanks! :D

Giselle
03-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Many trainers just don't see much benefit in using prong collars before they assess the individual needs of the dog. They prefer to start from the basics up: flat buckle and a nylon leash and TONS of treats/praise. Puppies are blank slates, and, as such, you should rely more on your communication and bond with the dog rather than through the "crutch" of training equipment. IMO (my opinion, folks ;)), one shouldn't use these training collars unless the behavior is so ingrained into the dog that it simply cannot be fixed without the use of such tools.

The main reason the professional trainer I know doesn't like to use prongs is because she sees people abusing them all too often. The most common mistakes include the improper fitting and usage of prongs (i.e. prongs with retractible leashes - AHH HUGE NO-NO!!!). This is the same reason she doesn't like to suggest head collars or Halti's or choke collars without assessing the pup's needs first. Since Bailey is such a new pup, he really could excell with the use of a flat buckle, a leash, praise, and treats.

Another member on another forum was advised by her trainer to immediately use a prong collar on her puppy. She was uncertain about the effectiveness of the prong and asked us if it was appropriate to use a prong on the puppy when she didn't "need" to. Here are a few responses:

This is something I forgot to mention. I always recommend people use only what they need. If a dog does just fine on a flat buckle, use it. Only use the tools necessary. Slapping 3 collars on a dog automatically (fur saver, pinch, E Collar-- in reference to SchH peeps) is not the way to go.
- An AmBulldog owner who trains for Schutzhund

I am surprised that any trainer would recomend a training collar on a puppy. Puppies should only wear a buckle collar because they are still teething and their lymph nodes can be swollen from this, using any type of training collar can just hurt them... I have read and was also told never to put a training collar on a puppy till they were fully done teething...

I see nothing wrong with using a prong as long as it is used right. I was recommended to use one on Junior (yup a boston terrier) but not until we tried all other training type collars...
- A Boston Terrier owner

pnance
03-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Wow he's definately getting to be a big handsome boy. My girls are drooling over the computer as I look at your pics. ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-31-2006, 02:14 AM
Thanks Giselle, now I understand. He does great on his prong collar right now, but I will see how he does on the buckle collar. I know how to properly use a prong and never jerk/snap the leash. The only time he gets a pinch is if he pulls. I don't use it in any of our other training sessions, just for walking. I just have to be extremely careful with my body right now, I will explain later ;).

Many trainers just don't see much benefit in using prong collars before they assess the individual needs of the dog. They prefer to start from the basics up: flat buckle and a nylon leash and TONS of treats/praise. Puppies are blank slates, and, as such, you should rely more on your communication and bond with the dog rather than through the "crutch" of training equipment. IMO (my opinion, folks ;)), one shouldn't use these training collars unless the behavior is so ingrained into the dog that it simply cannot be fixed without the use of such tools.

The main reason the professional trainer I know doesn't like to use prongs is because she sees people abusing them all too often. The most common mistakes include the improper fitting and usage of prongs (i.e. prongs with retractible leashes - AHH HUGE NO-NO!!!). This is the same reason she doesn't like to suggest head collars or Halti's or choke collars without assessing the pup's needs first. Since Bailey is such a new pup, he really could excell with the use of a flat buckle, a leash, praise, and treats.

Another member on another forum was advised by her trainer to immediately use a prong collar on her puppy. She was uncertain about the effectiveness of the prong and asked us if it was appropriate to use a prong on the puppy when she didn't "need" to. Here are a few responses:

- An AmBulldog owner who trains for Schutzhund

- A Boston Terrier owner

zoomer
04-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Do NOT tell me I missed this thread! DO NOT!

Bailey is an adorable little man! What a big puppster! Getting to be big from the last time I saw him!!!

anna_66
04-06-2006, 08:18 AM
But I'm here now:D

Lordy, Lordy that boy's growing like a weed :eek: Before ya know it he'll be bigger than Bon!

I can not tell you enough how much I adore that boy of yours (yep good thing you live in Canada or I'd be stealing him too...wait how far it Canada from my house:p). He's absolutely stunning, gorgeous and beautiful!
Never stop sharing his pictures:D

Lori Jordan
04-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Almost has my Newf beat in height Georgous Boy!!!

petslover
04-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Bailey's coloring is perfect. What a pretty pup.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-06-2006, 01:40 PM