PDA

View Full Version : [ Earthlings ] --very depressing, but I highly recommend it

bluekat
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.isawearthlings.com/Images/468x60.gif

"Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, EARTHLINGS chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit."

Has anyone seen this? I just downloaded/watched it on my computer last night. It is very disturbing and very hard to watch, but I think its one of those documentaries that everyone should see. It shows us exactly how animals are killed for food, clothing, entertainment, science research...
I was in tears by the end of it :( I don't think I will ever be able to understand how humans can treat animals that way and kill them like that. It just disgusts me. At many parts I just wanted to go in and kill those people. Well they'll get what's coming to them someday..After watching this, I don't think I will ever be able to eat meat ever again (I only eat chicken now though), wear leather, or anything of a dead animal.

Even though it's really sad and hard to watch, I would recommend it for everyone to see. I think its important that people watch this, so they will know how much pain an animal goes through just so we can eat their meat, watch them for entertainment, take their skin for clothes...

So does anyone want to watch this? If you do, just post here and I will upload it to a site.

Miss Z
03-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm vegetarian, and hardly use any animal products. I'm sure that video would prove why I've chosen to be that way. I think if I watched it, I would probably get really angry. But I'll think about whether I should watch it or not.

lizbud
03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
No, I don't need to see it to believe it. I already know what goes on.

I have no problem with eating meat. I do, however have a huge problem with the way domestic animals are raised & treated and the way they are killed. :(

sammy101
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
i'm not going to watch it. Last time when i watched something like that i was thinking about it constantly for a long time. I know what happens and i dont need to be reminded of it :(

BC_MoM
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
This is all strictly MY opinion and belief so no offence is meant:

God placed cows, chickens, etc., on this earth for us to kill and eat. Whether he meant for some humans to become as disturbed and unfeeling as they are and kill them how they do, I don't know and never will until my judgement day.

I have no problem eating meat. I don't think anyone should unless it's a health-regarding issue for the HUMAN. Stopping yourself from eating meat and (for those who) protest is not going to do anything. However, there have been many facilities like this shut down over the years by "professionals". We wish we could do something, but we can't. We have to let those of higher power do it.

I do feel for those animals.. how horrible would it be to be one of them.. if only God gave more direction to those who do this as "work" so that it was at least done humanely.

Lady's Human
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Given the nature of the film, this post should probably be in the dog house.

I also wouldn't reccomend posting copyrighted material on a download site, given the recent lawsuits about it.

moosmom
03-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Bluekat,

I can't watch it. I've seen so much abuse and stuff, I'd definitely be sick. I couldn't even go to the movies to watch the remake of King Kong, simply because I know how it ends.

You know you're an animal lover when you see a tragedy on tv and wonder if any animals were hurt or killed.

dab_20
03-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't want to watch it. I just can't see those things... it makes me absolutly sick to the stomach. But I DO wish that people who don't care about those things should be forced to watch it.

bluekat
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
yea, I think if you're already an animal lover & know about these things you don't have to watch it. But for anyone else who doesn't care, I know after they watch it they'll probably have different views on the issues. Even though it was really sad, I am glad I watched it (it'll probably haunt me for awhile though) cuz I learned alot from it and there were many things I thought I knew but I didn't.

& sorry for not putting this in the dog house =\