PDA

View Full Version : Poor Roman...

Catty1
03-29-2006, 09:06 AM
I was on our local Humane Society website, where the picture of cat-formerly-known-as-Rosie will be posted - and I saw Roman!(I think he used to be called Romeo).

He was a regular client at the kennel where I work. He is 13 and a wonderfully tempered boy! I was so sad to see him here...who will adopt a cat that old?

I have no idea what happened, but I will tell my bosses today.

www.cochranehumane.ca

Click on the cat, and Roman is at the bottom.

Awww..........poor boy! Am trying to think of someone he could go to...

Catty1

Felix
03-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Awwwwwww he is such a sweetie,sure hope he finds a furever home soon.

Lizzie
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm glad you are looking out for this cat, he looks like a good lap cat for someone. I wish they'd combed his ruff before they photographed him since it might have made him look a bit less rumpled looking. People are foolish to ignore seniors since these cats are often mellow and just love to cuddle against you. I sat with Blackberry, the new cat who is about 13 and was at the shelter for 5 years, this morning while I drank my tea. He came out from under the chair after some shoulder massaging and leaned against me on the carpet, purring so deeply that I thought the floor would start vibrating.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Seeing as he was first on the page, I couldn't help but notice Kaos. A blackie named Kaos....hmmm....wonder how he got that name? ;) :D

Roman is adorable, and don't fret, people do adopt older cats, especially if they have no health issues, and it appears Roman is healthy....and very adorable, so I'm sure he'll be adopted. :)

Lizzie
03-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Seeing as he was first on the page, I couldn't help but notice Kaos. A blackie named Kaos....hmmm....wonder how he got that name? ;) :D

I noticed that name too and wrote it down for future use. I even thought of changing Los (Limb of Satan) to Kaos since it's not quite so mean, but Los is more than Kaos so she keeps her name.

slick
03-29-2006, 10:21 AM
It breaks my heart to go to sites like that but now I'm glad I did and got to see that handsome Roman. It's true that most people won't adopt older kitties, but I would adopt him in a heartbeat. All good things come to those who wait Roman, and your purrfect hoooman is out there. Maybe if we close our eyes tight we can ask God to guide him/her to where you are. Good luck Roman.

moosmom
03-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Catty1,

If I only lived closer. I HATE to see a cat that old in a shelter. That's when they get severely depressed and lose their will to live.

I'll pray that he gets a home quick.

jenluckenbach
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I WANT HIM! He has that LUCKENBACH look to him. I am in love. I will pray that the lord send a new family to him.

catmandu
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Thats a shame that I am not closer,as I love Older Cats and I know that Roman would fit like a glove into the Found Cat Hotel.
I just know that Roman would be in a Big Cat pile within Hours.
I am Praying for Roman that that Dear Old Cat finds a home.

rg_girlca
03-29-2006, 10:21 PM
It breaks my heart when older cats are looked over.

I pray with all my might, that someone will come along soon and adopt these precious boy. Hang in there Roman, there IS someone out there for you.

Catty1
03-29-2006, 10:30 PM
I sent emails out to a few of my friends...after all, with an older boy, it's not a twenty-year commitment like it might be with a kitten! There has to be someone out there!

He has one eye tooth left that kind of hangs out of his top lip - you can't see it in the photo. But he just looks cute with it, somehow!

Lizzie - Roman is one of those cats who you can brush and the hair just separates seconds later. I don't think there is a way to get him to look 'fluffy'.
But hopefully he will steal someone's heart.

I don't know what happened with his owners...but at least they didn't just get him PTS. They gave him a chance. And the Humane where I live is very low kill, and they have almost all their funds for a new big centre!

(Their architect was told to visit the kennel I work at to use as a model. WOOHOO!)

Thank you for all your prayers - I know Roman will have a PT miracle!

hugs
Catty1