PDA

View Full Version : Tubby & Peanut's Birthdays

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Since I got both Tubby and Peanut "second hand" from friends, I always thought I never knew their birthdates. But, like I mentioned in another thread, I'm doing some serious cleaning these days and I came across T & P's health records from waaaaaaaayyyy back when.

I don't know how I knew this at the time, but Tubby's birthday was listed as July 28, 1986. I got him at the end of October 1986, so he was just 3 months old when I got him. I always thought he was like 4 or 5 months old when I got him.

Peanut's birthday is listed as just 9/88, which makes her a little older than I thought she was! I first saw her at Christmas time 1988 and she was such a little fluff ball that I estimated her at 6 to 8 weeks old, so I always thought her birthday was in October.

I always unofficially celebrated Tubby's birthday in Spring and Peanut's in fall. I wasn't too far off, but now I know more specifics. :)

Oh, and I also have the paperwork where Tubby was scheduled for an "ovaryectomy" or something like that. In other words, he was scheduled to be spayed, and I guess they never changed the paperwork when they found out she was a he. ;) :D Also found out he was peeing in my bed and the vet gave me a bunch of literature on cats. I don't remember that at all!

Needless to say these old records went in the "keep" box. ;)

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Tubby is smiling down at you that you remembered his birthday and brought it up to his many fans so we can wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and send him good wished and tons of fun at Rainbow Bridge!

Play hard and celebrate your time here on your special day Tubby!

Killearn Kitties
03-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Tubby shares his birthday with my mum! :D I will always remember to celebrate Tubby's day now!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks Laura & Karen. It was interesting reading all those old health records. It listed the days they were vaccinated and all that good stuff. Hard to believe they were both that young once. ;)

slick
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
When I adopted M & S, I did get some health records along with it but none of them had their birthdays. I have the receipt from when Speckles was spayed and if I could back 6 months that brings it to April and April 14th is the day I adopted both of them so that is their Gotcha Day. Will be 9 years this year.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
I LOVE to "find" back old things!! Those papers are defenitely keepers!!

Logan
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure why I can remember Mimi's birthday so well, but I know I got her in August 1989 and she was born on June 17, 1989. She was just a tiny kitten when she joined our family. All I know is that it was a good thing that she did as she helped to heal my broken heart, after losing Shrimp Boat.

Logan

jazzcat
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
How interesting. We certainly have a lot of happy healthy senior kitties here. Miss Peanut, you don't look a day of it! ;)

moosmom
03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Deb,

Tubby is definitely shining down on you for remembering his birthday. Peanut will be 18 this year??? :eek:

WOW!!

RICHARD
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
How neat.

If the Edster ever peed in my bed I would not forget! :D

catfamily
03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
I know it's so weird looking at old records.I did that with KiKi and couldn't remember some of the things that KiKi had.I'll bet it surprised you about Tubby peeing on the bed.So long ago.
Tucker peed a few times on our bed.(when he was about 2 months old or so).He had UTI.So many kittens have that in the beginning of there life.It seems anyway.
My vet said nerves can cause it as well as food.
But maybe kittens miss their mom's and are so darn nervous being alone away from them.Or just being somewhere new.

Vermontcat
03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
That's great that you found Tubby and Peanut's old health records with all that wonderful information. :)
I keep all of Samantha's health records in the original envelope we got when she was a kitten, it is so fat and stuffed full of papers from all her yearly checkups.
She will be turning 18 on June 26th.

rg_girlca
03-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I love that, when I go through a drawer that I haven't gone through for so long and find stuff that I forgot I had. It brings back such good memories.
Well, most of the time anyways. :)

Wow, Peanut my dear, you don't look your age, that's for sure. Especially seeing that video of you playing in the box with your feather. :D