PDA

View Full Version : ASPCA Kits - Anyone get One?

christa
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Anyone get an ASPCA Kit from the "freebies" thread?

I got mine in the mail today.

I was just wondering what you all plan to do with yours.

luvofallhorses
03-28-2006, 09:56 PM
darn! I wish I would have seen the thread then. :(

BC_MoM
03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Hmm.. I never ordered one? What was it? Like an animal's first aid kit?

christa
03-28-2006, 10:07 PM
It's the 140th anniversary of the ASPCA . . . they send you a kit with a shirt and a bunch of those rubber arm bands (they say "aspca.org") and the kit also had a calendar & poster . . . anyway, you're supposed to do something with all this stuff on April 10th, which is their anniversary.

I think I'm going to put up the posters around town . . . at the Y, Walmart, some places that I frequent. And I think I'm going to take the arm bands to my vet's office and ask her to give them out to her clients.

Just wondering if anyone else got the kit . . . if anyone else had any ideas.

jazzcat
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Cool! I signed up for it but haven't received anything yet. Hope I get one.

I like your ideas. I'll have to do something like that too if I get it.

christa
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Cool! I signed up for it but haven't received anything yet. Hope I get one.

I like your ideas. I'll have to do something like that too if I get it.

I was bummed about the shirt. They send an XL. I think I'm going to give that to my vet also. She's been so good to me and I think she'd really like it. It's a nice shirt. Bright orange. But it swallows me up. :(

Jessika
03-28-2006, 10:43 PM
I forgot which address I used when I signed up. I'll have to give my parents' a call and see if I get any packages (though my mom usually calls me to give me a daily synopsis on what I got in the mail that day.. :rolleyes: )

Felix
03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I signed up but I never recieved anything yet :( I sure hope I do soon,I was looking forward to doing this.I like your ideas,I never made any plans I'll wait until I recieve the package.

Kfamr
03-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Weird, they gave me something completely different. I didn't get a bright orange shirt, it's a white shirt with a dog holding an empty quote box with a sentence under it says something like "We have to be their voice" and about 10 bands. No posters, no calendars, I'd definetly take Ki to the park or the beach an hand them out there if I got posters to go along with it.

beeniesmom
03-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I didn't get anything yet and signed up way before you guys ! :(

Corinna
03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I signed up when Kay posted it haven't gotten any thing yet . Maybe theyare just geting it together.

beeniesmom
03-29-2006, 10:44 AM
I signed up when Kay posted it haven't gotten any thing yet . Maybe theyare just geting it together.

Actually, I posted about it.

king2005
03-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet. Its going to go to Rob's place, which means I have to spend 2hrs on the bus, oh boy!

I plan to put all the supplies in the HUGE cafe on the lower floor. Most of the employees eat in there & its a good & safe way to advertize.

beeniesmom
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet. Its going to go to Rob's place, which means I have to spend 2hrs on the bus, oh boy!

I plan to put all the supplies in the HUGE cafe on the lower floor. Most of the employees eat in there & its a good & safe way to advertize.

If I were you I'd tell the Post Office to redirect your mail (mail with your name on it) to the new house.
They have forms for that.

Jessika
03-29-2006, 12:47 PM

You can fill out a COA form at your local post office, or even do it online
https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=USPS

I just had to do it myself. Doing it online is SO much faster and actually gets through. We tried printing off a COA form to stick in our mailbox, but they never made it.. :rolleyes:

king2005
03-29-2006, 12:51 PM
in the USA its a free service

Here in Canada it'll cost me 35.00 to do that for 6 months only! & 70.00 for a year only!

I worked in a postal outlet for 3.5yrs. I was even a manager for 2yrs *misses the job & her VIP customers, never got to say good bye *

Jessika
03-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh yup forgot you were in Canada, sorry :(

Well still, that stinks. If I lived in Canada I would never move :o

beeniesmom
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't know you had to pay for it in Canada.
It may still be worth 35$ to do that for 6 months for several reasons:

Gasoline and or public transport to get there costs $$$. You'd dave much more over 6 months.

in the meanwhile, you can notify people of your move and let them know what the new address is.

AND your ex may just trash your mail anyway.... sorry but true. :p

king2005
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't know you had to pay for it in Canada.
It may still be worth 35$ to do that for 6 months for several reasons:

Gasoline and or public transport to get there costs $$$. You'd dave much more over 6 months.

in the meanwhile, you can notify people of your move and let them know what the new address is.

AND your ex may just trash your mail anyway.... sorry but true. :p

Don't drive & with a bus pass I can use the bus as much as I want with only 1 fee/month.

The only people I need to tell that I moved was, the banks, firearms canda, driver L, & my dad & sister. I never really got any mail. The only stuff I'm expecting is all that freebie stuff hehehe

I'll just collect my mail once a week & try to hang out with a girl I met, so we can play Nintendogs hahaha but the 2hrs on a bus still stinks :P

Rob wont trash my mail, hes not that hateful. He took extra care to make sure my plants were ok in the car lastnight. & he fed my fish yesterday. It was just "US" that didn't work

elizabethann
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Both my Sister & I received ours yesterday. Her shirt was white but I haven't opened my box yet. I wonder if it's a fund-raiser - like are we supposed to sell those wrist bands and give the money to the ASPCA? I don't remember what I signed up for (I just remember it was free :rolleyes: ).

I hope my shirt is bright orange. My Sister gave me her shirt because it's an X-Large. :D

I'll have to do some more research on it.

:)

jazzcat
03-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I got mine today! It has the orange t-shirt (which is fine since I live in the heart of University of TN Volunteer "Go Orange" Country), a few posters and a bunch of bands. If anyone comes up with any more ideas for what to do with them please let me know.

Alysser
03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
I've gotten mine. I was dsiappointed about the T-shirt to. It was HUGE on me so I can't wear it out. I got everything in the package including the calender,25 braclets,and posters. I've given out about 5 of the braclets at school. I STILL have no idea what to do with the posters.

Kfamr
03-30-2006, 08:22 PM
What the heck.. how come I got the short end of the stick??

I relooked at my package and all I got was FIVE wristbands and some cruddy shirt. I signed up RIGHT after Carmen posted it. :rolleyes: Not fair at all.

buckner
03-30-2006, 08:30 PM
What the heck.. how come I got the short end of the stick??

I relooked at my package and all I got was FIVE wristbands and some cruddy shirt. I signed up RIGHT after Carmen posted it. :rolleyes: Not fair at all.Hey Kay,

Do you want everything in my package? I can try to condense it all to a much smaller package (easier for shipping costs) and send everything to you. There's a bright orange tshirt (unfortunately, it's XL so I can't get any use out of it), a calendar, a few posters, and a ton of orange wristbands. I doubt I'll do anything with it, as I don't know WHAT to do with it, so I wouldn't care if you got mine instead. If you're interested, let me know so I can get it out before I leave for vacation. Who knows why you got the short end of the stick, but I'd much rather have that short end.. I don't know what to do with all of this! :P

beeniesmom
03-31-2006, 08:52 AM
I got mine yesterday. Never thought I would.
I think the shirt is small for me.
I got an orange shirt too and a bunch of bracelets.
I was going to give them to a pet supply shop near my home and see if they could charge 1$ for a bracelet. Whatever they make, I will bring to the local aspca.

Kfamr
04-01-2006, 01:23 PM
That's such a sweet offer, Sara, thank you so much!

I'll let you keep your's though, as for some reason I got another package yesterday with all of the things you guys listed. That's really strange as I only signed up once & the first box was much smaller in contents.

Guess I spoke too soon. :p

I'm hoping to go to the beach tomorrow for Ki's birthday and hand the stuff out.

Carmen's idea was a good one.. I'm going to check and see if the natural food place I get my 3's food from will take some.

christa
04-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Kay: I'm glad you got more stuff, although that is wierd that you got it in 2 shipments! :eek: They had you sweating it out, huh?!!?!?! LOL

You just gotta remember that this stuff is free and is for a good cause, to get the word out.

I hope everybody found a good way to put theirs to use!

My vets office was THRILLED to get the box of goodies! They LOVE stuff like this, promos to use in their office and were really excited about the bracelets & posters. And my vet LOVED the shirt!!!

I have to admit that I kept the calendar for myself. :D It was just so cute!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I still haven't got mine, but I live in Canada so it could take a while. :D

Jessika
04-01-2006, 06:07 PM
I still haven't received mine.. I hope I get it SOON because if I get it too late it will be hard to get the word out!

jazzcat
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Christa - glad to hear your vet's office was receptive and excited. I'm planning to take my stuff over to my vet next week and if they don't want it I will take it to the kennel/groomer where I used to take Disney. They're a large business and service a large part of Knoxville. I will at least ask them to hang the posters.

I also plan to take a poster to the local dog park that opened recently.

GoldenLuv
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
can you still get them i would like to sign up for one

christa
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
can you still get them i would like to sign up for one

It was a limited time thing . . . there were only so many kits available . . . I think the link is even dead now so they must all be spoken for at this point. Sorry.

GoldenLuv
04-01-2006, 10:16 PM
It was a limited time thing . . . there were only so many kits available . . . I think the link is even dead now so they must all be spoken for at this point. Sorry.

DARN IT i did not even see the link man oh man i am gonna have to make this site my home page so i can get in on the goodies

Felix
04-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh well,looks like theres no kit for me,I signed up but never recieved one :( Tomorrow is the big day.Those of you who got the kits good luck in spreading the word.Maybe someone will have pictures of there day out. :)

king2005
04-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I got mine last tuesday. I nice white shirt, 20 bands, a calandar & several posters.

Jessika
04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh well,looks like theres no kit for me,I signed up but never recieved one :( Tomorrow is the big day.Those of you who got the kits good luck in spreading the word.Maybe someone will have pictures of there day out. :)
Yup, same here.. I signed up before some people who have already posted having received theirs'. Oh well can't complain for free right?

CathyBogart
04-09-2006, 06:27 PM

The day before I recieved my kit I got an email from them about wanting to ban people from keeping reptiles as pets. Somehow my enthusiasm for the project died. I also got a shirt that I could only use as a nightgown, so I'll pass that along to someone else. The calendar is cute, but after the reptile email I think I'm just gonna toss the rest of it. :(

king2005
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM

The day before I recieved my kit I got an email from them about wanting to ban people from keeping reptiles as pets. Somehow my enthusiasm for the project died. I also got a shirt that I could only use as a nightgown, so I'll pass that along to someone else. The calendar is cute, but after the reptile email I think I'm just gonna toss the rest of it. :(

That wasn't very nice of them!! I LOVE reptiles (as you know) & I will support ,y love for them & NOT collect $ for the spca this round.

Alysser
04-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I gave out most of my bands already and everyone wanted them. :D Alot of my friends think its a good cause.

Kfamr
04-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Reguardless of their anti-reptile message - they're still helping animals in need. If you are going to toss your bands - I'll take them. I gave out all of mine at the beach the other day.

elizabethann
04-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I can't believe it! I totally forgot that today was wear your orange day. I'm so mad at myself, I could just scream! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!
:mad:

Felix
04-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Yay! I got mine today...5:00 pm I checked my mail.Not much time to plan anything but just in time for the big day huh! Well I was happy with my white T-Shirt,I got a calender,4 posters and 25 wrist bands.I kept the shirt and calender :o and gave away the wrist bands and posters to all the children on my street.Wish I was given more time to "spread the word"

Kfamr
04-10-2006, 03:11 PM
We're heading to the beach now to hand out the rest of the wristbands. :)