PDA

View Full Version : KIA'S HOME!!!!

ramanth
04-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Mom came home and found Kia sitting on the deck wagging her tail. :rolleyes:

Mom said she drank a ton of water and is now sleeping.

OIY!!

I'll be sure to stop and see how many more grey hairs I have. ;) :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad just called and about 1:30 p.m. Kia got away from him and took off. He's been up and down the road and searched the cornfield and can't find her. :(

I hate it when she does this! I can't get out of work and my dad has to leave for work.

So I guess when Kia comes back, she'll be waiting on the porch for my mom who normally gets home at 2:30. :(

I really wish she would come when she's called....

LoudLou
04-25-2002, 01:15 PM
Oh Kimmy!!! I can so relate. My Shadow (RB) used to do this and it always drove me NUTS! Hang in there, hopefully she'll be home soon.

No, hotdogs this time?;)

sabies
04-25-2002, 01:17 PM
:( :( :(

Oh Kia, come home!!

slleipnir
04-25-2002, 01:35 PM
When Ruf was younger, he would get out all the time and usually not come home till late at night or early in the morning, he never got hurt and always came home around the same time. Does kia do this a lot? Let us know when she gets home

jennifert
04-25-2002, 01:37 PM
Kia, come home!!!!!! I'm sure she will be sitting right on the porch waiting for your mom when she gets home!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-25-2002, 01:57 PM
I hope Kia is OK. It is past 2:30, so I hope she is with your mom by now!

ramanth
04-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Still can't get ahold of mom... *sighs*

LOL LoudLou... nope.. no hotdogs this time. Nor an Andy to save her. But thankfully there are no busy roads nearby...

Originally posted by slleipnir
Does kia do this a lot? Let us know when she gets home

Nope. Kia doesn't try to get away all that much. She has an outdoor kennel that we put her in when we are home. Whenever we let her out she usually runs right to the back door but today she just took off. :(

ramanth
04-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Just called mom and she's working a double shift. She had just stopped home for a break before going back to work and Kia was on the deck, wagging her tail. :rolleyes:

Mom said she drank a lot of water and is now sleeping.

OIY!

aly
04-25-2002, 02:26 PM
WELCOME HOME KIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now never do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Glad that Kia is back home safe and quenched! What an adventure you must have had, Kia!

slleipnir
04-25-2002, 03:34 PM
Great news :D:D

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2002, 04:06 PM
What a scare! Glad Kia is home safe! :)

AmberLee
04-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
What a scare! Glad Kia is home safe!

Such a relief to hear she got home safely!

anna_66
04-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Kimmy, I'm sooooooo excited to hear Kia is ok. When I first read this thread I didn't understand exactely what happened. But I'm really really glad everything is ok!!!!:D :D

delidog
04-25-2002, 07:34 PM
oh!!! i just got home from work and saw this!!!!!! my heart stopped!!!!!
thank god our kia girl is alright!!!!!
kimmy how are you fairing???? what an experience!!!!!!!!
big hugs for our kia!!!!
please tell her not to do that again!!!!!
delidog!!!;)

sabies
04-25-2002, 11:22 PM
silly Kia, you worried your mom, don't do that again!

K9karen
04-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Kia, darling, I REALLY, REALLY do NOT need any more grey hairs! Thank God you're back safe and sound! You worried your Kimmy and us half to death! GOOD GIRL, STAY!!!!!!

jennifert
04-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Phew.! I woke up this morning thinking about Kia and hoping she was home! I was in the shower wondering if I would have enough time to check Pet Talk before I had to start work....

I'm so glad she's home safe and sound!!

ramanth
04-29-2002, 08:00 PM
I dyed my hair red to cover all the gray I was getting. ;) :rolleyes:

When I got home I gave her tons of hugs and kisses. She was so happy to see me she danced. Kia is so silly.

When dad got home from work he just gave her that look and she looked sad and forelorn. I think she scared dad more than she did me.

I was really glad she got home safe after I got the full story. She had ran off to the neighbors backyard and was sniffing around their pole barn. Dad ran over there and got a few feet from her when she bolted. Dad ran back home, got his truck and started driving down the road. He saw her sitting in our other neighbors front yard, 3 houses down. He pulled in their driveway and got about 8 feet from her when she took off again.

Dad again got in the truck and was following her as she barrelled across the yards. When she got to the cornfield she ran across the road in front of him, and took off into the other cornfield and into the woods, just booking it. Dad drove up and down the road, hoping to see her standing by the side of the road, with no luck.

Dad suspects she was a good mile or more away from home at the rate she was running...... :eek:

Just happy she got home safe...... :)

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Now I can relate to that! My Siberian Husky LOVES to run, she has escaped MANY times, she escaped few weeks ago for several hours, and she came back on her own, satisified what she had done, and just lay in her favorite spot in the backyard, and that's that. She has done that few times, I can tell you this, it's VERY scary when she goes off like that. I love that dog to death. Now my Rosie (beagle) is almost JUST like her. - Rachel

anna_66
04-29-2002, 09:07 PM
Talking about running off, today when my mother-in-law was leaving Roxey bolted out the door! OMG was my first thought, I'm gonna have to chase her down! She got to the car (she must have thought we were going to school) and I called her name. She immediately stoped and turned around. Thank God, because a car came driving by! I knelt down, claped my hands and said"Roxey, Come" and she did! I was soooo happy!:D Guess this was my first (hopefully last!) scare like that! I'm so proud of my girl! Guess the obedience classes have paid off!

CountryWolf07
04-30-2002, 02:34 PM
Lucky.. my Sibe doesn't EVEN come to me when she's on the run.. when she is on the run, she doesn't even listen, and she just keeps on running.. lol, crazy girl. Seems like everytime I yell " Anna, come! " she'll just keep on going! Same thing with Rosie. - Rachel

ramanth
04-30-2002, 03:05 PM
Same with Kia. Runs and doesn't listen. Hearing is automatically turned off. She thinks it's a gift.... :rolleyes: :D