PDA

View Full Version : Brace Yourselves...Maybe the Oddest Question Asked RE:Multicat Hoomans?

QueenScoopalot
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
While doing the "Big Dig" (aka litterbox scooping) once again, I realized something. :rolleyes: We all know how they line up for the fresh litter be it scooped, or brand-y new...RIGHT? :confused: O.K. I have most of my boxes in a row in the basement as it makes it easier to scoop them. How many of you *ehem* hold the scoop under the cat that's using the box you just scooped? :o I actually find myself often waiting with scoop under the butt of the cat waiting for the 'goods' rather than go back and re-scoop. I usually bury the scoop into the litter so the pee biscuits/etc. don't stick lol! Dear Abby...have I gone over the edge yet? :confused: :rolleyes:

momcat
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Dear Abby...have I gone over the edge yet? :confused: :rolleyes:

Not quite. At this point you have one foot over the edge and the other on a banana peel..... Yours, Dear Abby

catmandu
03-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I think that standing behind a Found Cat thats ready to go would tend to make them a little nervous.
I cant say that I have ever been in that spot,at that exact time!!!

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
HI JAN, glad to see the old "Jan" back... You cracked me up!

In answer to your quesation, "NO".. I am not that "picky"... LOL! This is so funny, sorry about the pun.... but they do stand there waiting to jump back in, even before the cover is back on it.

Catty1
03-28-2006, 08:58 PM
I was cleaning the box of Johnny and Hyena at the kennel one day - they were out and running around while I had the box on the large 'ping-pong' table where I do the scooping, box on a damp sanitized towel and everything.

Suddenly Johnny jumps up in mid-run, jumps in the box, has a fast good pee, and takes off again! LOL

What a nutbar!

Catty1

Lizzie
03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I almost choked on my chocolate and tea! I suppose I might do what you do but I've had few cats that would allow me that close during such a personal exercise, and none at present. I do sigh and wait, scoop in hand, as a cat poops in a just-cleaned box, then I flick some litter over it and scoop. I like to walk out of the litter rooms knowing that for a few minutes at least, everything is perfect. I have to close the door when I clean up the downstairs litter boxes because Los invariably comes in and poops in the box right next to the one I'm scooping. The box can be a still dirty one, she doesn't care because she just has a need to poop right under my nose. I've wondered if she regards me as her mother and she's saying "Look mom, I pooped in the box, I'm so good."

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 09:35 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif ONLY ON PET TALK! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

rg_girlca
03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Not quite. At this point you have one foot over the edge and the other on a banana peel..... Yours, Dear Abby

LOL!!!!!!! Good one momcat.

Jan, you are too much girl.....You had me ROTFLMAO on this one.

No, can't say that I have gone to that extreme. I just wait until they are finished and then scoop it up.

christa
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
LOLOLOL . . .

Mine would be like . . . um, hello . . . what do you think you're doing???

Or think it was a game and just forget about going all together. :rolleyes:

I can just see you now though . . . LOL . . . how funny.

Laura's right . . . only on PT.

icedtea
03-29-2006, 03:08 AM
You,no that gave me a very good idea Kansas does stinky poos in her box which is in our area where the kitchen and dining is and it in the corner and my two are just used to that and her stinky poos stink all the litter, so its horrible evn after you scoop. that is a very good idea.

QueenScoopalot
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Chip is the worst culprit. He always jumps into the freshly cleaned potty, and if he doesn't have to do anything in it, he rolls in the litterbox gurgling. :rolleyes: If he does I will have a scoop under him so I don't get knocked out...then who'll finish scooping? :confused: :D And the boxes fill up fast when they're scooped, so why not knock off a few moments right? :confused: :rolleyes: IMO it sure beats doing them all over again lol! :o

catnapper
03-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Aw man, I do that! I never even stopped to think about it -- its just something I do!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Felix
03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif too funny,I cant say I wait there holding a scoop under Felix's butt,although he is a fresh litter user boy :rolleyes: As soon as its done he jumps in,like its a playground or somethig.Sometimes he gets in while in still pouring the litter :eek: Whats up with that? :confused:

Catsnclay
03-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I think that standing behind a Found Cat thats ready to go would tend to make them a little nervous.
I cant say that I have ever been in that spot,at that exact time!!!

I must agree with Gary..........

And Dear Abby think you may have gone over the edge, with all of us following you! :p

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I can't believe I even answered this thread! :rolleyes: .........only a PT'er would understand!! :D

slick
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
**raises hand**
Yup, I've been there, done that. My RB Speckles always used to hang her butt outside the LB so one time I followed her into the room and waited for the stance.....then I placed the scoop right underneath her and plop, plop, they landed right on target. All I had to do was run to the bathroom and flush. :o :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20961%20laughing_on_ground.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20961%20laughing_on_ground.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20961%20laughing_on_ground.gif
OMG, how hilarious!!! Sure you cannot make a movie for us? :D

My cats love to rush inside a fresh litterbox too. Inka sometimes even jumps in before I put the box back on the ground!! But I have never thought of holding that scoop under their butt, lol http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20961%20laughing_on_ground.gif

jenluckenbach
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
How RUDE! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

I stand patiently by (tapping foot) and wait for them to exit said box. :o

carole
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM
lol I would love to see a pic of that, i don't think you have gone over the edge quite yet, maybe just a mild case of multicat madness, he he. :D

MomToThree
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
I refuse to wait for them to finish. If they jump right into the litter box then they will have to wait for me to scoop again. I figure it's just going to get their "stuff" in one way or another so why watch over them?

Cubby stands by and watchs me scoop. If I miss a peice of whatever he will paw at it until I get it.

QueenScoopalot
03-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Well Thank God that Catnapper & Slick are guilty (or at least fessed up lol)! Believe me I don't do it with all the cats or I'd be forever awaiting their "gifts", but certain ones really don't care and if I have scoop already in hand...why not? :confused: :D

Donnaj4962
03-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh, this is hilarious! I love the thread!

No, I have never stood with the scoop waiting for the fresh pooper to complete her business. But they BOTH are very guilty of the need for fresh litter!

One thing that Sasha does, however, is that, WHENEVER I come home, and as soon as I go into the litter box area, she comes in and does her business. It's like she is saying, "I am so glad you came home to reimind me that I have to go potty"!!!! :rolleyes:

She backs her ::: ahem:::: big butt into the box and she puts her paws on the front, and she stands soooooo proudly and does her business! Staring straight ahead, not flinching, until she is done and has covered up the goodie! :rolleyes:

She cracks me up! :D

moosmom
03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20961%20laughing_on_ground.gif

OMG!! Jan, you DEFINITELY need a break, girl. I've never tried it personally. But my cats are always rushing into the box the minute it's clean.

Only on PT. Over the edge? Nah. Not you!

catfamily
03-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Marshall and Bowie jump right in and roll around in it forever so I end up leaving. :D :D

catnapper
03-30-2006, 06:47 AM
You know, I was thinking about this some more (ok, really, I was scooping poop and caught myself doing this) but I am really quite rude to the cats! :eek: I wait for them, scoop in hand, and as soon as they finish their business, I rush them out of the box before they have a chance to spend 2 minutes shifting sand around to cover their poo. They have this confused look on their faces as I usher them away from the box.... they see me taking care of their business and just sit there watching me while they groom themselves (oh the injustice they just received!)

Oh how far have I fallen? Is there a support group for me? How about my kitties? They surely must have some trauma related to this!

Beauty17
03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
No, I do not put a scoop under my cat, but I do hurry my cat out of the way so that I can clean up after her - especially Beauty, who wants to take forever in doing a completely inefficient job of covering - mostly consisting of scratching the wall and the mat in front of the box. So I push her on the butt and tell her, "Go on, I'll take care of it." And she goes on. Once we had a diabetic cat, Tzigane, and we needed to check her urine periodically - and I had to hold a strip under her while she peed. It was challenging, mostly because we had to be there when she peed, and because we had to rush to get the strip out of the bottle and underneath her before the stream stopped, but she didn't seem to mind. Have you noticed how some cats stare straight ahead, eyes slightly unfocuses or focused on something invisible, while they perch in the litter box? Their way of gaining personal privacy, or meditating on the task at hand?

sirrahbed
03-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Of course I have :) If I am scooping and someone chooses to do their business - I do not hesitate to hold the scoop under them. I figured this was quite normal. :D

chrangharris
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh my goodness, this thread is hilarious! Never been guilty of doing that though- I just figure I'll wait until the next I scoop the box. I'll have to ask hubby about this one though- he is now in charge of litter box duty! :D

QueenScoopalot
03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Of course I have :) If I am scooping and someone chooses to do their business - I do not hesitate to hold the scoop under them. I figured this was quite normal. :D
Well THANK YOU Deb for letting me know I'm really not a nutcase for doing this 'doo-ty'! I have numerous scoops for each box anyway, so sometimes I'll leave the scoop under the doner's butt, and go about doing the rest.....and then come back and dump the dump. :o :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
LOL I've never done this or even thought about doing it. I now have 6 litterboxes to clean so sometimes after one is cleaned then one of the cats will use that litterbox. I just wait until they're finished and then I scoop. Sometimes I make them get out before they've covered up their business and if I'm in a hurry I'll just wait to clean it until the next time.:)

Some of mine also do what Donna's cat Sasha does. When I get home they'll run to the litterbox to do their business. Usually Starr and Pearl will do this.:)

pnance
03-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Mau's my culprit in this...I scoop and she has to run over and jump in. She could be sound asleep and the minute she here's it......it's like running water to her. I've never held the scoop under her though, she'd be mortfied and never forgive me if I did. :eek:

Lobodeb
03-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the laugh! I don't wait for the goods to drop. Sammy is my sniper. But he waits until after I leave the box area.

catcrazylady
04-01-2006, 08:06 AM
LOL!!!! :D :D :D I'm so glad to be back and see nothing has changed with you Jan! :D

I can honestly say....NO....I have never held the scoop under a cat behind while he/she is doing their business. I have stood by and waited for them to be done. You are such a hoot! :)