================================================== ========

2 more dead dogs found in rural Washtenaw County

Francis X. Donnelly / The Detroit News

Advertisement

Printer friendly version
Comment on this story
Send this story to a friend
Get Home Delivery
SUPERIOR TOWNSHIP ---- The bodies of two more dogs have been discovered in eastern Washtenaw County, bringing to nine the number that have been found in 11 days, investigators said Tuesday.

The two pit bulls were discovered by residents Monday afternoon in separate locations within a three-mile radius of the other animals in Superior Township just east of Ann Arbor, according to the Humane Society of Huron Valley.

Neither of the young male dogs was decapitated like four of the other seven dogs, said Tanya Hilgendorf, executive director of the humane society.

Hilgendorf also announced Monday that the reward for anyone helping solve the case has risen to $13,000.

Besides the dogs, more than 30 foxes, coyotes and deer have been discovered in the same three-mile area since January. Most were skinned and some beheaded.

The humane society believes the skinnings and decapitations are connected but still have many questions about the case, including how and where the animals died.

Julie Curtis, animal cruelty investigator for the humane society, said she is wading through 250 phone calls from people reporting suspicious actions and people.

here is the link

Dead dogs & Other animals (http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/UPDATE/603280430) :mad:

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Let's hope they catch these creeps fast and put a stop to it!

Alysser
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
That's so sick :(

moosmom
03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a cult to me, i.e., animal sacrifice. It's disgusting!! :mad: I hope they catch these 6@4tard$ and give them the maximum!! God these laws need to be changed!!!! :mad:

zoey
03-28-2006, 06:42 PM
That is horrible and sick and makes me very sad. :(

BC_MoM
03-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Ugh. I feel sick to my stomach.

joycenalex
03-29-2006, 04:31 AM
when i was in high school, we lived in that area, i walked past many of those streets many times on a daily basis. my family still lives there. i am horrified by the thought about those poor animals' suffering. how does a monster take human form?