PDA

View Full Version : Some people are so sick....

JenBKR
03-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Jail for man whose dog starved while he played
New Yorker took daughter to Disney World while lab-pit bull perished

Updated: 2:23 p.m. ET March 28, 2006
RIVERHEAD, N.Y. - A man who let his dog starve to death in a basement closet while he took his 7-year-old daughter to Disney World was sentenced Tuesday to a year in jail.

Jason Griffin, 27, received the maximum for aggravated cruelty to animals after pleading guilty earlier this month.

The Long Island man was arrested in January after returning from his Florida vacation. The dog, a labrador-pit bull mix, had been left without food and water for more than a week at Griffin’s Northport home.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12052661/

This is horrible! This guy let his dog starve while he went to Disneyworld?? And he only got a year in jail. Not nearly enough, IMO!!

elizabethann
03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Lets hope a fellow inmate will knock some sense into him.

moosmom
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Nice example he set for his kid! :mad: :mad: Will SHE be next??? :mad:

BC_MoM
03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I think a year is a good sentence. 1 year sounds short, but then think of it this way: that's 365 days. I'm happy. He'll suffer horribly. I won't get into what goes on between prisons in jail, but he won't like it one bit.

That poor dog. :( God bless him. I'm happy he's not suffering anymore. He's lovingly up in Dog's arms, and playing and having the best life he ever had at Rainbow Bridge.