PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use TurboTax

lizbud
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I've been using it for a few years now and found it very helpful.
Finished my federal & now working on the state tax forms. :)

gemini9961
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
We used it this year. I like how I can save it and come back later and finish. It was easy to use. :)

cyber-sibes
03-28-2006, 12:50 PM
My husband's used it for several years, loves it. And he itemizes everything. We seem to get money back every year, too!

Freckles
03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I started using it a few years ago because I was always having problems understanding the state tax form correctly (very confusing). There seemed to be a lot of changes this year so I also had a CPA friend check the forms. State refund is in the bank! :)

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I filed the EZ form and went to our states tax online and filed there because it is FREE! Turbo wanted extra for state.

Jessika
03-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I filed the EZ form and went to our states tax online and filed there because it is FREE! Turbo wanted extra for state.
Yup, I used it to fill out stuff at first so I could see if I was doing it right, then I went to a site online (taxslayer.com) that filed them both for free :) And I got my return back in ten days :)

smokey the elder
03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
The look of the software has changed this year. I live in one state and work in another and always get confused. :(

lizbud
03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
The look of the software has changed this year. I live in one state and work in another and always get confused. :(

If you haven't changed work or living status, Turbo just transfers last
years info for you. It saves a lot of typing. :D

Rachel
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
This was my third year of using it. I shopped around and found the version I use was priced the best at Walmart. It does appear that they change (improve) the software some each year, so it has a bit of a learning curve, but still somehow I manage. It certainly doesn't make the mistakes my tax preparer had made in the past. One big complaint that I have is after I load it, I have to download the *updates* which with a dial up service takes forever . It makes me wonder if everything is downloaded. There can't be that many changes from the time the product comes out and the time taxes are done.

I'm so proud that I completed my taxes at the end of February.