PDA

View Full Version : So Nervous *Crosses Fingers*

Flatcoatluver
03-27-2006, 09:34 PM
So Wednesday I am taking my drivers permit test. A little nervous but I know I will do well, does anyone have any tips that helps them study the driver manual book???

Karen
03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
No, everyone's study habits are different. I have a very visual memory, so writing important things down works for me because I can picture writing it later. If you are more of an auditory person, try having someone quiz you ...

Lizzie
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't have any study tips since, as Karen noted, we all learn things in a different way. I do have a funny story about my test, if you don't mind my telling it. I passed my first test in San Francisco with flying colors. Then I moved to Washington State and had to take the test again. We parked on a residential street and, after I had stopped the car, put on the handbrake and put the car into first gear, the instructor asked me what I'd forgotten to do. I went through everything I'd done out loud, I looked out at the street and saw it was flat, and finally had to tell the instructor that I couldn't think of anything that I'd missed. She said I was on a hill and I should have turned my wheels into the curb. I looked ahead, I looked behind, I got out of the car and looked in both directions but I couldn't see any sign of an incline. I had to get back into the car, tell her I didn't see any hill and ask which way it inclined so I could turn the wheels in the right direction. I'm sure she thought I was being sarcastic, though I had real tears of frustration in my eyes. I was used to the very real hills of San Francisco, of course. I only just passed that test.

Whoops! Edited to add, good luck on your test.