PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any breed..

slleipnir
04-25-2002, 09:25 AM
If you could have ANY breed of dog at all in the world no matter what, what would it be?? Would it be the same breed as your favorite breed?

ellensy
04-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Mine would be Labrador and St. Bernard and they are my fav breed too. :D

Presley
04-25-2002, 10:28 AM
A lab.. I love labs.. Also Presley needs a sister or a brother!!! labs!!! they are wonderful :D

mugsy
04-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Oh what to do, what to do....I can't decide. The only breed that I don't have that I want one of is a Weimaraner. But I really like mixes. I also love Aussies and Danes.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-25-2002, 11:41 AM
I am a big German Shepherd and Doberman fan. After Andrew and I move, I plan on rescuing a a Dobie or GSD and training it to be a therapy dog.

Logan
04-25-2002, 11:42 AM
If I could have any breed, I'm afraid I would choose the one I have....Golden Retriever....that's what I chose and I'm sticking to it!!! :D

LoudLou
04-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I would have to agree with Logan... I'd also choose the breed I have now... Corgi's are A LOT of fun and have stolen my heart. However, I love all Furry-four-legged-slobery- Babies.

ilovehounds
04-25-2002, 02:25 PM
Anything with hound in it ...lol.. pure or mix if its got hound in it its got my heart.

I would also love a german shorthaired pointer someday. Weimaraner are also a dag I would love to have aswell.

anna_66
04-25-2002, 06:10 PM
I really LOVE the 2 I have now, but I have always wanted to have a doberman. I just love the looks of them and actually everything about them! It's just Mark doesn't really care for them, so, guess I'm STUCK (just kidding of course:D ) with my 2 furbies!!!!

Kfamr
04-25-2002, 06:13 PM
A Pit Bull, German Shepherd or an Alaskan Malamute.

Sam's My Baby
04-25-2002, 06:33 PM
DACHSHUND!!!
I loooove Dachshunds sooo much and have wanted one for so long. If my mom would let me, I would have gotten one a long time ago. I especially like the longhair ones! :)
http://members.aol.com/kevinS1092/winston/winston9.jpg

Mary Mc
04-26-2002, 12:22 AM
:rolleyes: UMMMM i would have to say the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever :D they are sooo beautiful!!! i love there colour but go Border Collies!!!! Woo HOOO:cool:

wolf_Q
04-26-2002, 12:25 AM
Although I absolutely love the dogs I have right now (smokey the poodle, reggie the schnauzer)....I've always had a thing for german shepards and siberian huskies. I've wanted a husky all my life! :) Of course I could name a huge list of dogs I want hehe. I also really like bernese mountain dogs and golden retrievers.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-26-2002, 12:49 AM
SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!! SIBERIAN HUSKY !!!

** one day I WILL HAVE A SIBERIAN HUSKY !!!**

wolf_Q
04-26-2002, 12:59 AM
LOL Sara you sound just like me!! I LOVE siberian huskies!! I buy every husky thing I see! You should see my room....its filled with canines of all sorts, but first comes wolves, then huskies, then german shepards! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-26-2002, 01:08 AM
originally posted by Wolf Q
LOL Sara you sound just like me!! I LOVE siberian huskies!! I buy every husky thing I see!
ME TOO ME TOO
The only thing I don't have that I want really really bad iiiiis .....A REAL ONE!!!!!!!! NO REALLY I want one of the big TY beanie baby Huskies!!!!! I have a small one......I'VE GOT TO GET THE BIG ONE!!!

Gio
04-26-2002, 03:31 AM
Too many to count! :rolleyes: How does one of each sound?

Actually I can really relate to what Sara said:

The only thing I don't have that I want really really bad iiiiis .....A REAL ONE!!!!!!!!

I just want a dog so bad that people start thinking there's something wrong with me!

jackiesdaisy1935
04-26-2002, 09:42 AM
If I could have any breed I want, it would still be "Schnauzers"
no doubt about it.
Jackie

ilovehounds
04-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Roxey tell your mommy to stop teasing ...lol.. Just had to tell you what beautiful pictures they are.

Also check out this huskey thats at our shelter. I hate seeing dogs at the shelter but when older dogs like this come in it really upsets me.

http://www.falls.igs.net/~animals/dogs/apollo.jpg
( if the pic isn't working http://www.falls.igs.net/~animals/dogs/apollo.jpg )

Apollo Good day. To one and all I am known as Apollo. At 10 years of age I am in the prime of my life. Physically speaking I am a male husky with thick white and grey fur. I have an easy going nature and I am very well mannered and, at times very expressive. I am a refined gentleman of approximately 50lb who absolutely adores the companionship of humans, particularly those that enjoy long, leisurely strolls. For the most part I would prefer to be in a household without felines and possibly in a homestead with property to explore. Why don’t you come on in for a visit and we can discuss the possibilities of a future together.

Does anyone here live near Smiths Falls ???

aussieshep
04-26-2002, 12:07 PM
I will never own anything other than an Australian Shepherd.....

although I love Bermese Mountain Dogs... just too big for me!

mugsy
04-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Aussies are great aren't they??? They are sooo smart and so full of life and are sooo funny!! Yours is beautiful aussieshep. Thunder Bay eh??? (OOPS pardon the Canadian pun). I've been there...Fort William....very cool!!

Heather Wallace
04-26-2002, 12:57 PM
I would be a king Charles Spaniel. They are so adorable.

anna_66
04-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Oh, Angie! Now, you are the one teasing!!!

xoxjoaniexox
04-26-2002, 02:46 PM
I have a Yorkshire Terrier and I just love them! They're sooooooooo cute and sweet! lol

Rosebitz
04-26-2002, 04:10 PM
If I could have any breed (and if I were younger and lived in a place with a bigger yard) I would have a Yellow Lab again.......oh, to put my arms around the neck and feel those velvety ears....sigh, but my lab days are over, I'm afraid. I do love my silly little Bitzy (a mix of all things, Shihtzu, Yorkie, Poodle, and maybe evden some Lhasa in there)........she is adorable and loving and the very best she can be........But I do miss my lab :(

RoseB

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-26-2002, 06:22 PM
OOOOH THE TORTURE!!!!!!!! :p
Anna / Angie........ SHAME ON YOU TWO!!!!!!!

Anna..... i'm so jealous......... GIVE ROXY A BIIIIG HUG FOR ME!!

wolf_Q
04-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Ahh you guys are too cruel, posting pics of those beautiful huskies! Actually I love to see them! :)

ME TOO ME TOO
The only thing I don't have that I want really really bad iiiiis .....A REAL ONE!!!!!!!! NO REALLY I want one of the big TY beanie baby Huskies!!!!! I have a small one......I'VE GOT TO GET THE BIG ONE!!!

Hmm maybe I should take a pic of my stuffed husky/wolf collection. Sad, sad, sad. I don't know why I buy them, they all just sit on shelves. As far as the Ty ones, I have Timber, Nanook beanie and buddy, Dakota, and Slush. Hey I know of something better then the Ty ones. They are these realistic stuffed dogs they sell at the mall. They have all sorts of breeds, and they have a siberian husky. I have both the adult and puppy ones. They are completely poseable, head to toe. If somebody wants one you can send me some money and I'll pick one up for you. They'd be really good to get for kids because you can buy collars, leashes, bowls, brushes, jackets, etc. which would be fun. Here's a pic of the puppy, the adult has it's mouth open.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p7b16e06ffc7bebc16fa56be00a4623c7/fdc7935a.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-27-2002, 12:23 AM
OOOOHHHH HOW CUTE!!!!!!! :eek:

What store in your mall did you buy them?!?!?!

wolf_Q
04-27-2002, 12:33 AM
I think it's called My Twinn. They mostly have dolls (which I'm not a fan of). You should see the pug one my friend bought, it's life size, and looks real! It's quite amusing to put it lifting it's leg on the couch in the living room when guests come over. LOL.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-27-2002, 12:37 AM
It's quite amusing to put it lifting it's leg on the couch in the living room when guests come over. LOL.
lol :eek: lol :D

wolf_Q
04-27-2002, 12:42 AM
I saw this add in dog fancy for some call US Dogs at www.Us-Dogs.com I thought they were the same brand, but they aren't. Although they look quite similar. These are more expensive though.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-27-2002, 12:50 AM
:confused: I did not see a husky.......... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY NOT HAVE A HUSKY?!?!!?
They were all VERY CUTE though......... I liked the poodle one!!

wolf_Q
04-27-2002, 12:53 AM
Nope, they don't have a husky there. That's not the same kind I have. I do like the german shepard though. And the poodle is cute too, it looks like Smokey.

Dixieland Dancer
04-27-2002, 05:08 AM
GOLDEN RETRIEVER!!!!

Bet none of you could of guessed that though! LOL's :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I know..... I'm a helpless Golden fanatic! :eek:

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I really LOVE the 2 I have now, but I have always wanted to have a doberman. I just love the looks of them and actually everything about them! It's just Mark doesn't really care for them, so, guess I'm STUCK (just kidding of course:D ) with my 2 furbies!!!!

The march issue of Dog Fancy featured the doberman. Talked about them in a very positive way and had some ADORABLE pics of them and a few of those pics didn't have their ears done. How cute! Maybe you could show him that....

I have the breeds I have always favored, lab, dalmation and beagle, in the mixes of my two baby girls!

slleipnir
04-27-2002, 06:29 PM
http://www.users.bigpond.com/haakons/husky.gif

theres a huskey for you :D

rockchick
04-27-2002, 06:52 PM
i luv all breeds of dog.but i wud luv a great dane, or a bullmastiff.
i wud luv another boxer but a white one.they r soooo cute.:p :D

wolf_Q
04-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Ooo I love that husky graphic, mind if I take it?

ilovehounds
04-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Oh, Angie! Now, you are the one teasing!!!

Sorry I couldn't help it ....lol..

slleipnir
04-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Wolf Q: Guess not. lol j/k ;D

CountryWolf07
04-28-2002, 08:05 PM
It would be the Siberian Husky.. I love the breed so much, and I have a Sibe. I hope to own 2 or 3 Huskies once I get started on life, etc.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-28-2002, 09:38 PM
If it was up to me, I'd own every single breed there ever was! LOL!:D Well, I'd LOVE to own a Pit Bull, or a AmStaff, but I really, really, really, really want a Golden Retriever, and/or a Siberian Husky!!! Every time I see a Siberian Husky, I want to take it home with me! They are such beautiful dogs!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

*LabLoverKEB*
04-28-2002, 09:56 PM
http://images.webshots.com/ProThumbs/63/20263_wallpaper280.jpg

Or, a Rottweiler...
http://images.webshots.com/ProThumbs/0/200_wallpaper280.jpg

:D :D

*LabLoverKEB*
04-28-2002, 10:08 PM
http://www.siberianhusky.com/pictures/king3.jpg

http://www.siberianhusky.com/crazymischa.gif

http://www.siberianhusky.com/tokielookingcute.jpg

http://www.siberianhusky.com/pictures/williesitting.jpg

Ok, I'll stop!
:D

Presley
04-29-2002, 01:11 AM
Candy.. I'm shocked!!! I NEVER!!!!!! would have thought you wanted a golden :P

You are like me... I love those retrievers:D :D

expecially the ones named PRESLEY!!!!! :D :D

anna_66
04-29-2002, 06:09 AM
Sara, that was really naugty of you!!! Those are such beautiful pics!!!:p

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Actually you know what? I * LOVE * Golden Retrievers as much I love Siberian Huskies.. We almost got a Golden Retriever instead of a Siberian Husky few yrs ago.. but thank god I have Anna here, she's an affectionate husky, and I am proud to own her.:) Awww, haha, her head is on my lap while I'm typing. It's her way of wanting attention, me to her instead of typing. She'll hit the chair and it'll spin to her, LOL.. - Rachel

* FRIENDS QUOTE *
Phoebe: (singing) Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, what are they feeding you, it's not your fault..

Tanya&Fritz
04-29-2002, 12:50 PM
Nobody laugh, but I am totally in love with my poodle:D I'd get another one in a minute. How could anyone resist this face???

Presley
04-29-2002, 01:22 PM
that is cute!!!

this is what i'm just so inlove with... i even have to battle her to move over on my bed!:D :D

Tanya&Fritz
04-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Adorable! I had a boxer who passed away a year ago and it was the same way with him. I'd have 4 paws digging into my back, no covers and no pillows!

Now with my 2 little guys, it's not as bad. Although half way through the night my husband ends up moving into the spare room ;)

Tanya&Fritz
04-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Here's another one!

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Here are my two babies, Anna and Rosie. Anna is the husky and Rosie is the beagle. :) This morning, those dogs were on my bed, laying next to me. No wonder why I had no room to roll over, lol.. - Rachel

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey Anna, I think I've seen those before.. me and Amy are wolf-crazy. We both love them.. that's how we met 4 or 5 yrs ago, through Yahoo chat! - Rachel

Tanya&Fritz
04-29-2002, 02:04 PM
I won't tell Fritz you thought he was a cat, he'd be so insulted!

Dixieland Dancer
04-29-2002, 02:04 PM
All of your pictures are so cute. Tanya, I don't think I ever saw a picture of Fritz. For some reason I though Fritz was a cat. I guess I was having one of my too soon to be a senior moments but having one anyway! LOL Fritz is absolutely loveable and I can see why your heart has been stolen.

Here is a picture of my babies. Dixie is laying and Dusty is sitting.

wolf_Q
04-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Cool animations, Anna! Thanks! I think I've seen the blue one, but not the other 2. I saved them hehe. :) Hey did you get my reply about the poodle drawing?

Yeah, Rachel and I are definitely wolf crazy. I've been wolf crazy ever since I can remember. It's odd I guess, I don't even know what started it! lol. I think it was 5 years ago we met, but I'm not sure.

I still can't get over how much Fritz and Hans look like my Reggie and Smokey! It's too weird, but they are soo adorable! :)

LOVE that pic of Dixie and Dusty! I think that's the best pose that you have, they look so elegant. :)

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2002, 05:07 PM
Seeing the pics of Fritz, I can see the poodle in my oldest dog Oreo much more. She is a poodle/beagle mix, but I could never see much poodle in her. This is a puppy pic from 12 years ago:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p77973c3424110686e11b1cde3955955c/fdcca8df.jpg

Gio
04-30-2002, 02:47 AM
I've been wolf crazy ever since I can remember. It's odd I guess

I don't think it's odd I'm wolf crazy too. I was the only 4 year old that felt sorry for the wolf in "Little Red Riding Hood" :D . Apparently I told my mother that if the wolf ate the grandmother it was because he was hungry and someone forgot to feed him:D

By the way I love all the photos posted here and I just adore the look on Rosie the beagle's face

CountryWolf07
04-30-2002, 02:40 PM
Aw, thanks for the comments on Rosie :) she has a cute face, eh? Well, she can be evil :P Don't let that face fool ya! - Rach

Crikit
05-01-2002, 08:00 PM
You mean you're gonna make me choose? Dang...well if I couldn't have one a mutt or a border collie like I do now it would have to be either a papillion or a husky...I actually know someone whose husky just gave birth to pups and if they look anything like the parents the pups are gonna be stunning.