PDA

View Full Version : How often is it safe to give your dog a bath?

Toby's my baby
03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I give Autumn baths quite frequetly, but I just gave her a bath last weekend, and she is all mud from the melting snow, and she needs a bath so she can come in the house. I was just wondering how often it was safe to give you dog a bath? :confused:

Shelteez2
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
You can bath your dog as often as you want if it doesn't irritate her skin. We have dogs at work that come in once a week for baths and they are fine. :)

*iluvskipper*
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
ya as much as u want if they're skin doesn't get irritated! George doesn't get baths too often but he gets really dry skin. You live in thief river falls!!! thats cool! i live in brainerd! i think that my mom like went to college or something there but i'm not sure. okbye!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
I haven't bathed Bailey yet, but I will if he get's really dirty and/or smelly. I just wipe him down with a damp towel or a baby wipe. If a dog is bathed too often the skin will be stripped of its natural, protective oils. This will result in dry itchy skin, which will cause your dog to scratch, further irritating the already sensitive skin. If I needed to bath Bailey frequently, I would use a dog shampoo that will get him clean and moisturize his skin. I would probably also use a coat conditioner specifically formulated for dry skin (the after bath kind).

Toby's my baby
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok, thank you so much!! :D

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 07:03 PM
My guys get one in the spring"after the mud is all dried up" and whenever they get dirty in the summer and in the winter the usually go in to the groomers....my dogs Smell lol so they get enough during the year My aussie lays on her back when i bathe her too cute

Vette
03-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Ive give my dog a bath once every 2 or 3 weeks. sometimes more
then that if he rolls in something. he was bad for that last year. :o

dab_20
03-27-2006, 07:37 PM
You should only bathe them as needed. It's ok if they get a few in a row. Sometimes their skin does gets irritated and you have to by special shampoo.