PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Samantha's Baby came BACK!

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
As most of you know, Samantha's former owner moved away, taking her beautiuful baby with them. Patty calls me from time to time so we have stayed in touch.. Awhile ago, I was in my kitchen and saw a beautiful fluffy tail heading towards my front so I tip toed to the front door and looked, couldn't see anything so I tried as quietly as I could to open the screen door, soon as I saw her, I yelled "BRIDGETT" and it ran under my moblie home where I had taken some of the skirting down to help dry it up under there.

I called Patty and asked her "IS Bridgett missing?" she hubba, hubbaed and couldn't say anything so I asked "just say YES or No, IS she MISSING?"... "YES!"

SO, I have our feral trap set with some stinky tuna on the side of my house with the skirting in to keep her from going around the trap.. Patty and Hubby will be here soon as he gets off of work to get that beautiful little girl. Patty thinks someone stole her and dropped her off here, I think she just came back to the place she was born and where she knows her Mama is.. Please keep fingers, paws, and toes crossed that we can get this little girl back home!!!!!

She is a beautiful, longed haired tabby that is simply stunning and while Patty is not the most responsiable pet owner in the world, the manager here will trap her and call animal controll and they will taker her and put her to sleep. I OWE Patty big time for finding and bringing Klinger back home when he was missing and helping me with the two ferals we caught so I will be glad to help her get her baby back. Keep 'em crossed for us! PLEASE!

Donnaj4962
03-27-2006, 03:18 PM
OH my!!!!!!!!! :eek: I am sending many prayers that Bridgette is able to be trapped and sent back home.

Further prayers that her furrever home and hoomans become more responsible and know how to keep her at home where it is safe and she is loved!

How fortunate she came to YOU! Cats are so smart... they know where to go for their food and luvvins! ;)

Please keep up posted!

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Donna, Bridgett has only been to my house once as a very small infant and then once more when she was older, just to see if Samantha would reconize her baby. Pattys house and mine were end to end so I think she wasn't coming to my house but on the way where she use to live and I was along that path. I told Patty early on that I didn't want Bridgett use to coming to my house and having another cat sitting on my door step crying to come in. Bridgett was just to pretty and I knew I would fall in love with her and would beg for her like I did Samantha. Samantha made #4 for me and I was only planning on TWO! (I have to consider the ones I depend on to keep them when I go off to work those 28 days)

jazzcat
03-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Good luck catching her!

catmandu
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I Know How Worried I Was When Pouncierge Decided To Spend Three Nights Outdoors.
We Are Praying That You Can Trap Bridgette,and The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Has Been Dispatched,and Are Going To Guide Bridgette Into The Cage Of Safety.

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
It is 7:40 pm and she was suppose to be here at 6, no sign of them and no phone call either.... Now I am wondering if maybe she is the one who brought Bridgett here and dumped her, knowing how much I love cats! :confused:

I am sooooo slow sometimes! Of all the time Samantha has been here, she has never wanted to go back outside, never even went near the door. This whole time she has been at home, she has sat at the door and done a lot of crying there, even tried climbing the screen. Bridgett has been here the whole time and I am just now spotting her. DUH!

Catty1
03-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I'd ask her point-blank if she brought Brigitte back...all that hemming and hawing on the phone...hmm..

I mean - it's only a guess - but a friend who uses people sure isn't acting like a friend! She KNOWS you go away and have to foster your furbabies!

JMO

Catty1

QueenScoopalot
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
How far away did Patty move? It does sound a bit suspicious that Bridgett has shown up at your house. Maybe she did ditch her there as she decided she was too much trouble....like Samantha was. :confused: Good luck trapping her, but then that sets up another dilemma of 'what if' she abandoned her? If Bridgett's caught and brought back to her, then what next for her? :( Where (if she was abandoned) will she be dumped next? :confused: :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
It is 7:40 pm and she was suppose to be here at 6, no sign of them and no phone call either.... Now I am wondering if maybe she is the one who brought Bridgett here and dumped her, knowing how much I love cats! :confused:

Gosh, I pray this isn't the case Laura. If it was, why couldn't they have just called you and explained that they couldn't keep her and see if it was possible if you could find a good home for her. Poor sweet thing, must be so confused by all of this. It's just so sad. :(

prechrswife
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
If they didn't move too far away, though, it is possible that Bridgett just came back to her old home. One of my mother's co-workers had to make regular trips to her old house to pick up one of her cats. He kept wandering back to their previous house.

Corinna
03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I think I have to agree she'ds been there a while and you just noticed. I have afeeling she was brought back. I hope you can catch her and find a new home for her. I don't think i'd call patty any more about it. If she didn't show or call. I think you have your answer.

moosmom
03-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I think Corinna is right. Them not calling or showing up is your answer. Sounds like she was dumped by your house, knowing full well how you feel about cats. Good luck trapping her. Your friend doesn't deserve her. I can post her on Petfinder.com if you like. Let me know.

jazzcat
03-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Gosh I never thought about Patty being the one who dumped her there. :mad: Sounds like a good possibility but I surely hope not.

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 12:20 AM
My delima is that I go back to work day after tomorrow! Otherwise, it would be a done deal that she didn't get her back.. She may not still, she isn't in the trap YET! I only have tomorrow to trap her, then I leave Wednesday morning... :( I am going to take that advice and NOT call her again, even if we catch her. If she don't call me, I know that means she isn't interested in that beautiful little girl!

If I haven't caught her by tomorrow, I am going to ask Mike if he will keep trying and if he catches her, put her in that cage he has outside that we kept Wally and Marty in until I get back. I would LOVE to have her, I can not tell you how stunningly beautiful she is but I am pressing my luck with my son now and I am afraid he is soon going to tell me he can't keep the girls anymore.

icedtea
03-28-2006, 01:59 AM
i would suggest that you get a neighbour to check to see if she's in the trap, and check to see if patty has come and keep an eye on things. would you consider keeping this baby??

catcrazylady
03-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Laura I wish you the best of luck in catching her. Poor baby knew where to come didn't she? ;)
Your ex-neighbor has had some serious cat issues. They don't want to live with her....they want YOU!!!
Good thoughts coming your way.

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
The trap is still empty this morning. She may have gotten out from under my house while I came inside yesterday to find Patty's phone number to call her I can't put the skirting back and leave for 28 days if there is a possiability she is still under there.Arrrrggggg!

icetea, no, I can't keep her even as much as I would love to. Other people have to keep my kitties the 28 days I work and am on the river and I just can't ask them to take on another when they are already getting tired of keeping the ones I already have.

I do have a neighbor that would help trap her and maybe look after her until I get back but he works long hours and is gone all day. If she got in the trap during the day, she would be in there until late at night when he gets home... He is working 12 hour days and has a 70 minute drive both ways. That is still better than if the park manager got her.

Update; 24 hours and still now word from Patty.

moosmom
03-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Laura's Babies,

Update; 24 hours and still now word from Patty

Looks like you've got your answer. Patty should be ashamed of herself!!! :mad: