PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Eye Surgery

elizabethann
03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Has anybody had this? If so, what was your experience? Also, if you don't mind posting, how much did it cost? I'm thinking of having this done. It probably won't be right away...but in the near future.

Thanks for any information you can provide me!

:)

Husky_mom
03-27-2006, 12:02 PM
well its not my personal experience but my hubby had it done almost two years ago

he had to use glasses because without them he would see blurs all the way he had astigmatism and .............i cant remember the other one, sorry, anyway he had it done because he just had had it with them and because of the baby he wanted to be able to play with him without being worrying about the glasses and such.

he also reads a lot since hes a Judge and has been feeling tired a bit but, hes been doing great since he is able to see without them he sees fine, but hes getting a tired sight because of the reading, but still sees good and dont needs glasses, i think its worth it if you feel better even if its for two years, but you can keep it for a lifetime.........
and cost it was around 1,200 i believe for both eyes, but it was done here in mexico so it may vary

My Peanuts
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I had it done in January of '05. It's the best thing I've ever done. It took about 7-10 minutes per eye. I think I'd rather have it done than go to the dentist. The surgery is not a big deal at all. My eyes are great. I have slightly better than 20\20 vision and my eyes were pretty bad before. My friend that got it done the same day I did is having a little trouble. He said one of his eyes got worse since the surgery, but it's still a lot better than it was. He said he thinks it's because its winter and his eyes are dried out.

My surgery cost $800. $400 per eye, but there was a special going on. Also price depends on what laser you qualify for. I qualified for the cheapest laser and I went with that. I was in a group with someone that used a better laser and had to have it redone the next day, so cheapest doesn't mean worst.

My eye doctor (not the surgeon) said if they try to give you PRK tell them no. He said PRK has longer healing time and not as good end results. Some people have to have PRK instead of Lasik if their eye had some kind of trauma. Another guy in my group had one eye with Lasik and One with PRK because he got into a car accident in the past.

Bottom line, do everything they tell you by the book and things will go smoothly for you. Also some good advice is as soon as you get home take a couple Tylenol PM's and sleep for at least 3 or 4 hours.

Cataholic
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I so want it done, but, have some fears about it. I would love to give the boot to contacts/glasses!

Jessika
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I would love to have it done, but it is still so relatively new that the long-term side effects are unknown for the most part.