PDA

View Full Version : Say a little prayer for Ingram

Logan
04-25-2002, 07:50 AM
Ingram is a rescued Golden Retriever, who was pulled from the animal control shelter (shelter??? not really) last Thursday in Laurens County. I had the priviledge of driving him from Greenville to Anderson on Friday morning (about 45 miles) to a veterinarian's office for him to be checked thoroughly before going into foster care. This transport was my first for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, who require that all shelter dogs be quarantined with this wonderful veterinarian for 10 days, to insure that all is well. I was confident he was put into the right hands. They were wonderful. This is where I saw the turtle wandering around behind the desk! :)

Ingram coughed a lot, I noticed, when he got excited. He was a beautiful, but very thin, red, older boy, starting to gray around his muzzle. I found out this morning that he is heartworm positive :( , and has begun his treatments. Let's all pray that he will be ok, and find a wonderful forever home. He deserves it. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Oh Logan! What horrible news! I hope Ingram's treatment goes well. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us updated.

Gio
04-25-2002, 09:42 AM
I will be praying for him too! I hopw he will get better soon:(

momoffuzzyfaces
04-25-2002, 11:03 AM
A prayer is on it's way for sweet Ingram. All paws and fingers crossed for him too.

mugsy
04-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Me too me too!!! I hope all goes well. Will they tell you how it goes and when he gets adopted??

Albea
04-25-2002, 11:52 AM
Carina and I are sending lots of get well wishes for sweet Ingram. The heartworm treatment is painful but it works. We hope he'll have a quick recovery and find a forever home to spend his "Golden years."

Logan
04-25-2002, 12:11 PM
If I don't get an update, I'll seek it out, Mugsy! Don't you worry!!! That Golden Boy slobbered all over me and my car, therefore I think I deserve to know what's going on with him!!! Actually, they encourage me to ask if I don't get updates in an orderly fashion. So I will harass if I don't receive them regularly. Strange how one fellow can steal your heart in just an hour.

Thanks for the prayers, you guys. I am sure God is watching over Ingram. :)

aly
04-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Logan,

I'm sure everything will turn out fine for the sweet boy. Its a painful, awful process and I know its not 100% guarantee that the dog will live through it, but I have seen so many done at my shelter and they have all turned out fine. Even the little 8 yr old Chihuahua has come through with flying colors. The bigger they are, the better they take it so luck is on Ingram's side :) He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

anna_66
04-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Everyone in this house will be praying for him:)

LoudLou
04-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Paws, Claws, Tails, & Fingers crossed here. Prayers on the way also.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-25-2002, 07:19 PM
**PRAYERS AND HUGS FOR INGRAM**
{{YOU TOO LOGAN}}

toastco
04-25-2002, 07:40 PM
I will say many prayers for Ingram. I've said prayers for animals before and They have been heard. With these prayers Ingram will find a perfect home for him. Mom of three dogs Corrie Lady and Toasto all stray dogs I took in.

Sudilar
04-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Special prayers being said.

AmberLee
04-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Prayers being said here for Ingram. You are doing wonderful things, Logan. {{{cyberhugs}}}

anna_66
04-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Our prayers to everyone in need

Corinna
04-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Count Merlin ,Lady,and I in on this one too.

tatsxxx11
04-26-2002, 01:57 PM
We're thinking of you and praying for you dear Ingram!! Let us know how he's doing Logan...He needs to "go home!!!"

And Toastco, Corrie and Lady...(And Mom!!:D) WELCOME TO PET TALK!! Let's meet your family!

RachelJ
04-28-2002, 07:28 AM
All over the country, we are thinking and praying for Ingram. He will surely pull through. Just think how lucky he is! He's met Logan and found just the right people to help him through his ordeal.

Logan
04-29-2002, 08:26 PM
I learned a little bit more about Ingram's life tonight on the telephone. Seems that Animal Control knew who he belonged to and contacted the owners (against their better judgement since he was so thin and obviously ill), but they are required to do that. The owners refused to pay the $30 fee to get him out of the pound....left him there, but yet claimed he was the "playmate" of their child. :( :( How could they??? I for one am glad they didn't come to get him. The fellow I talked with said he thought Ingram was the thinnest Golden that they had taken in.

He's doing ok so far but the vet is having a hard time keeping him calm. He's apparently a barker. I'd bark too if I had to stay in jail! :) They'll get him into foster care soon.

Thanks for your prayers.
Logan

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Unfortunatly, it sounds like poor Ingram will be better offer without that family :( Maybe this will be the start of the best thing that happens to him...he has a chance to be well taken care of, and to find a new family that will appreciate the value of his precious life! Continued prayers that the heartworm treatments go well!

Dixieland Dancer
04-30-2002, 08:25 AM
This is such a depressing story. I will say a prayer for Ingram to be blessed with a great new forever home!

Logan
05-04-2002, 12:31 PM
I have good news on Ingram! :) I worked at a adoption event at Petsmart this morning for the rescue group that took him in. Yesterday, they got an update, and he is doing great! They think only the one heartworm treatment will be required, he is eating well, and the vet has fallen in love with him! He will be going into foster care this coming week, and I am certain he will find a good home quickly.

I sincerely guessed his age at maybe 6 years old. The vet believes he is only about 2, actually. He will make a lifetime best friend for some lucky family. Bless his heart! :D

Another success story!!! :)

Albea
05-04-2002, 12:47 PM
What great news Logan!!!
It looks like all the prayers were answered and Ingram will have a second chance for a happy and healthy life thanks to you and all the other people who cared for him. :)

AmberLee
05-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Hurrah!! What wonderful news!

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Great news Logan!!!

gini
05-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Such good news, Logan. All will turn out just right - he is getting the medical attention that he needs and I would think it would be easy to find a forever home for a Golden Sure hope so!

toastco
05-04-2002, 07:24 PM
:) So, happy to hear about the up date on Ingram! All of our prayers did help. Maybe the Vet will decide to take him since he fell in love with him. I'm sure that he has a lot to give to the person that takes him. Since all three of my dear children (my dogs) are all strays, I know that strays will reward to you many times over with their love and devotion. Thanks Logan for the up date. Toastco Lady & Corrie's Mom