PDA

View Full Version : Payback from Newcat!

Lizzie
03-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I knew I had to "hit the ground running" this morning because it was a jam-packed day, so I wasn't pleased to feel wetness against my neck as I put on the robe that had been at the bottom of my bed and then smell cat pee. I thought the elderly Ginger had lost control of her bladder. But as I stripped the bed, laid down plastic and re-laid new blankets, I realized that was the robe I had worn every time I'd gone in to visit the new cats. Newcat has always been very good about other cats coming into the upstairs area so I didn't expect retribution from her and it confused me.

I don't think it's the new cats though, I think it's the fact that I cleared out the litter room to make another isolation room for Thumper and Dallas. She and Ginger now have six of the litter boxes in the bathroom next door to the old litter room. I know cats are very focused on their territory but I'm still surprised. Is that it, do you think, that I took away her litter room? She does keep going to the door and then turning away. Perhaps she has linked their smell with closure of her room. At least she pooped in one of the bathroom boxes this morning so I won't have that surprise to come home to later. I can't do anything about the room for a week. Do you think more attention will help?

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I think she is letting you know she wants her litter room back!

catmandu
03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Its Hard To Say What Goes On In The Minds Of Our Cats,and I Hope That This Peeing Does Not Start Ruining Your Life With Your Cats.
Tubby 2,has Accidents,fortunately On The Tile Floor In The Bathroom Where They Are Easy To Clean Up.
Good Luck With The Accidents.

rg_girlca
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Cats just hate changes to what they are use too. Since she keeps going to the door, that tells me she is missing that room. It won't hurt to give her more attention and hopefully the week will go by fast so that she can get back to her old routine.

Good luck. :)