PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY an answer!!

moosmom
03-27-2006, 09:27 AM
I went downstairs to the law firm to pick up Mark's mail this morning. Sherri, who is friends with Maureen, the woman whose place I was supposed to take, said, "So, it didn't work out at the paper, huh?" I told her no but had absolutely NO idea why I was let go.

Well, it seems that after I left that Friday, Andy the Circulation Director called Maureen into his office and told her to let me go. She begged him to give me another week, but he said no. She told Sherri she saw that "look" in his eyes, the same look he had when she first started working with him. I guess he didn't like her when she first started either.

So, it wasn't anything I did. He just didn't feel our personalities "clicked", whatever that means.

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 10:41 AM
That still don't mean you couldn't do a good job there but if it a was personality conflict, you wouldn't have been happy there anyway.

We have had deckhands come to our boat and at first sight, I couldn't stand them but those are always the ones I bend over backwards for to make sure they don't feel mistreated or unwanted. I have been lucky that they never have stayed... I can feel a person out within their first two days with us and I know right away if they are going to be a problem or not. It amazes me how many men out there have problems with a woman being there, even as a cook.

So now you know you weren't let go so Aunt Bea's friends daughter could have that job.

Lizzie
03-27-2006, 10:51 AM
It is good to know, but in your place I'd feel like walking up behind him one day and kicking him in the pants. I've worked as manager and supervisor for decades, and both hired and worked with people I don't click with. It's hard, but if they do the job well then it's my job to make sure things are as smooth as possible - pretty much as Laura said. What a twit! Him, I mean.

moosmom
03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
It just amazes me that they were so callous about the whole thing. But, I'm just glad they didn't wait 3-6 months and THEN let me go. Or, wait till just before my benefits were to take effect and fire me. How he could tell after just 5 days that I wasn't the right person for the job is beyond me.

king2005
03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
I hate when that happeneds!

I was the ugly duckling at the AMC24 in Kanata. I was hired by 1 manager who liked my personality. When I met the top boss, I saw "that look"! He was called a horn dog & if you didn't have the looks, you got the boot, so I got the boot :mad:

& his tastes were, super thin, long blond hair, makeup & liked flurting.
Well I was 150p, shaved brown hair, no makeup in sight & would have ripped his nuts off if he attempted to flurt with me.. It was a crappy job & I'm glad I was let go.. Cause I found a much better job (kinda), then I moved & becasue of the better job I now work for a HUGE company!! Don't make big $$ but I made it here!!!!