PDA

View Full Version : Who in your house cooks?

CalliesMom
03-26-2006, 05:21 PM
In the past two weeks, I've been the one cooking since hubby hasn't been getting home until 7/7:30 PM at night. I never used to cook but have decided I kind of enjoy it..it relaxes me a bit. I will never be the one who can "make" something from scratch as I have to have a recipe to follow step by step. :rolleyes: :) BUT it's kind of nice to have someone come home and appreciate my hard work.

SO, who in your house cooks?

.sarah
03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
My mom does. I used to do all of the cooking until I went vegetarian. The men freak out if there isn't meat for dinner :rolleyes: So if I want to cook I usually just cook for myself.

gemini9961
03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I do mostly, but that's only a few days a week since I don't get home until 8/8:30 pm. He fends for himself on the days I work. I don't do too well from scratch either but with a recipe I can do alright. He will cook sometimes. He did the other night because I had so much other stuff to do.

Vette
03-26-2006, 05:40 PM
My mom does,, and sometimes my dad.

Corinna
03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
i do

Lady's Human
03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Both my wife and I cook. She has been doing most of the cooking lately, but that's mainly because she is now a stay at home mom and I work full time and then some. (Full time with the PO, "part time" with the Army)

christa
03-26-2006, 06:03 PM
I cook. My husband only cooks if grilling is required. Which actually he did tonight. :)

sammy101
03-26-2006, 06:08 PM
my mom. I help her cook sometimes too.And when my brother is home he cooks too.

G.P.girl
03-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Mostly i do, i do all the baking and i've been making dinner alot lately, but sometimes my mom cooks too.

Glacier
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I cook. My husband only cooks if grilling is required. Which actually he did tonight. :)

Same here. Stuart cooks if it involves fire! If he has to cook for some reason(and doesn't grill), he makes pizza. The man could live on pizza!

Corinna
03-26-2006, 07:16 PM
If Dugansdad cooks it's call the delivery guys or grill. lately the chinese place has been his favorite.

Felix
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
I do the cooking.I love to cook,guess because I love to eat! :o :D

joycenalex
03-26-2006, 09:31 PM
i'm the main cook, as well as the menu writer. eileen will grill and do some cooking, but i find the whole experience more relaxing and creative. and since she's very appreciative, as well as the dogs who get last bite, i get positive reenforcement, which is encouraging.

slick
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
I live alone so guess what my answer is. :rolleyes: ;)

Lady's Human
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
slick I live alone so guess what my answer is

You have a cook that comes in 3 times a day to prepare food for you? :D

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Popeyes and KFC do the cooking at my house most of the time... Cooking 3 meals a day for 28 days, I am not interested in cooking when I get home. I WILL cook a hamburger and heat up a can of soup...does that count as cooking?

gini
03-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, right, Slick and I have maids that come in and do the cooking. Sometimes they are very handsome chefs....(not firemen) and all we have to do is sit back and relax as they create lovely tidbits for us to nibble on.

LH, how did you know? :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Usually my mom does, sometimes my Dad will but he hates cooking. I also cook sometimes if my parents will be getting home later than usual from work, if my mom asks me to or if I just feel like it.

davidpizzica
03-27-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm one of those living at home alone people. Does warming up a pizza count? Sometimes I cook hot dogs on my George Forman grille.

Pam
03-27-2006, 05:42 AM
I cook. Hubs only does the grill cooking but he has other talents as well. He makes the coffee in the morning and is able to sometimes throw a salad together. :rolleyes: :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I cook! But I get lots of help from my almost 17 year old daughter Indra! If needed (like me having a migraine) she can prepare a complete meal!
My hubby NEVER cooks. He even doesn't know how to switch on the cooking-range :eek: . Oh, but he CAN BBQ, though it is mostly my son Jo who does this :D

Miss Z
03-27-2006, 10:27 AM
My mum, although I can cook a bit. I make good veggie stuff to put in fajitas:) , but usually everyone else in my family wants meat, and I'm vegetarian, so I don't cook too often.

slick
03-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, right, Slick and I have maids that come in and do the cooking. Sometimes they are very handsome chefs....(not firemen) and all we have to do is sit back and relax as they create lovely tidbits for us to nibble on.:D
Indeed you do!! Last July you didn't have to cook for a week. ;) ...and just what was it that you cooked for me on my first night there??? :p :D

lvpets2002
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
:) Well I do the cooking && boy do I have serveral Paws that do help :p ..

Cataholic
03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
I love to cook, but, don't do it these days. I can't wait for Jonah to begin eating something besides pineapple and mandarin oranges. :D

gini
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Indeed you do!! Last July you didn't have to cook for a week. ;) ...and just what was it that you cooked for me on my first night there??? :p :D

Not my fault that you said you were on a "liquid" diet. :D :D

gini
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I love to cook, but, don't do it these days. I can't wait for Jonah to begin eating something besides pineapple and mandarin oranges. :D

I know a little boy that went directly from mandarin oranges and pineapple to peanut butter and french fries. You should be able to hone your culinary skills on those! :D

Believe it or not - he is now a very healthy, successful young man in his 30's. And I can guarantee you that he doesn't let his kids eat that stuff.

Cataholic
03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I know a little boy that went directly from mandarin oranges and pineapple to peanut butter and french fries. You should be able to hone your culinary skills on those! :D

Believe it or not - he is now a very healthy, successful young man in his 30's. And I can guarantee you that he doesn't let his kids eat that stuff.

That is VERY reassuring! Jones does eat an occasional french fry and a peanut butter cracker, BUT, that is really about it! I will wait until he is 30...he he he..

Husky_mom
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
ok so i almost quote everyone in here LOL

theres a thing about men and fire huh???

i was gonna say DominoŽs does the cooking LOL

nah i stay for most part of the week at my parents and eat there cause hubby gets back late or stays over the other town he works, so my mom does, well sometimes, i do cook also but as said sometimes.

Hey Tamara, would it be ok if I ask Stuart to do some pizzas for us, we luv pizza!!!!!

my most rewarding cooking experience was making some cereal LOL (hubby would say LOL)

Jonah has some weird eating craves, but we all do i still have some, but iŽll mention them later. my dad had this weird thing he ate sweet crackers like those Club ones youŽve got in the States with mustard!!!! yeah you read right mustard...........yuck.......... but hey he loved it

carole
03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Me , Me and Me, yep i do almost all the cooking, occasionally i get a break but not often, am i complaining sort of . :)

Oggyflute
03-28-2006, 04:24 AM
I do all the cooking, though I do enjoy it.

(LH I can see Slick doing just that :D )

k9krazee
03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
My brother and I do all the cooking. He does one week of dinner and dishes and I do the next. My mom used to cook all the time and we only did the dishes but about 5 years ago she stopped doing daycare and got a real ( ;) ) job so we've been doing it ever since.