PDA

View Full Version : 8 week old black Lab, FREE to a good home!

.sarah
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
I have a little black puppy here that is free to a good home. Mostly potty trained, answers to the name "Buck", comes when you call him, sits on command, eats good, is healthy, but has one problem: he won't be quiet!

Any takers?

This is a joke. I am just so frustrated with the crying. He's been here over a week and he won't shut up :mad: It's so hard to get school work done (which I have actually been making an effort at because there's something I *really* want and I have to finish my classes this weekend in order to get it) when there's a little puppy crying 2 feet away. I won't have my parents watch him, because he is my responsibility. He is such a good boy except when it comes to the crying. It's insane.

This is mostly just to rant. It's not a training issue, so I don't need any suggestions. I have been ignoring him, as have my family, when he cries, but it still doesn't work. I wish he would PLEASE just sleep today!! Oh how nice that would be.

chocolatepuppy
03-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Any takers?

me, me ,me ! :D Sarah, I never had a problem with my pups crying all the time, I hope someone has some advice for you.

luvofallhorses
03-26-2006, 03:03 PM
that's puppies for ya. ;) :p I'll take him! :D

Ginger's Mom
03-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Okay, so do I turn left at the light by the gas station or right? I will be right there to get that boy. :D

.sarah
03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Ginger's mom, you turn right at the light. Whoever makes it here first can have him. ;)

chocolatepuppy
03-26-2006, 03:06 PM
knock, knock, I'm here! :D

.sarah
03-26-2006, 03:07 PM
me, me ,me ! :D Sarah, I never had a problem with my pups crying all the time, I hope someone has some advice for you.
Nova never did this. She was the first puppy I ever trained myself. I don't think Mandy ever cried, but Mandy was a dream come true puppy ... she basically trained herself :eek:

He's given up after about 45 minutes of whining, and he's sleeping now (knock on wood).

animal_rescue
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh I know how you feel! Sally is spending the night and she still hasn't kicked the crying thing yet. :rolleyes:

.sarah
03-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Well he's been sleeping for about 15 minutes now http://lab-retriever.net/board/images/smilies/adore.gif

Muddy4paws
03-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Meee!! :D

Cookiebaker
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Malone was a *very* whiney puppy, and I promise he grew out of it!!! One thing that really helped was exercise! He would whine/cry if he was bored, which was basically always. Also, I taught him the command "stop that noise", and that worked pretty well.

I know how frustrating it can be, so hang in there!! {{Hugs to you, and a kiss to sweet widdle Buck}}

p.s. I just love your B/W signature!!!!!!!! :D

buttercup132
03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
LOL what a naughty boy. He's saying muhaha youve had it too easy get ready for a challange!:p

zoomer
03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I'd take him! I will! Please me!

He's probubly missing his mama :p Poor guy. Good luck!

LuckiLab03
03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I remember those days.. Riley at 8 weeks old was a non-stop pup.. she never even understood naps until she was about 3 months old.. she would just keep going until she passed out.

It will get better though! Just let him know that he's got to be on your schedule.. when you want to play it's playtime, when it's quiet time he needs to learn how to relax. Even though he's still a baby and needs a lot of attention, he has to learn that by crying he's not going to get it.. or for that matter, get attention ALL the time. So yeah, probably ignoring his crying when you need to is the best thing.. maybe give him a puppy kong full of peanut butter if you need to shut him up :p

Vette
03-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Have you tried putting on some headphones and listening to a good song while you do your home work?

i figured a song is a lot less annoying then a whining dog. :D
thats what i do when im trying to read something really long on the internet,
and my family will not shut up in the background. i cannot tune them out worth
a crap.(i guess i want to hear what they and ease drop) LOL

but yet its not annoying when i listen to a song and read.

lv4dogs
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
You can always send hiim my way anytime you want, he will always be welcomed with open arms. ;)

dab_20
03-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I'll take him in!! ;)

Hope he soons stops whining for good. It's cute at first but after awhile it seriously gets old.

zoomer
03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I know I already replyed but I came back to wish you the best of luck~ :)

pnance
03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll take him...I love puppy breath!!

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I wish i could Black Labs are my fav!!!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Bailey whined alot when I put him in his Ex-Pen. I just gave him a firm "Bailey, NO!" and after a couple days, he stopped whining. When puppies are whining and you interupt them with a firm NO, they associate your loud voice with their whining. Buck will calm down eventually. In the wild, wolf cubs will whine when they're seperated from their pack, in hopes that someone will find them. I just kept Baileys pen close to me for a couple weeks, and made sure he could always see me. Now, I sleep in my bedroom and he is in the kitchen. He only ever whines when he has to go potty. :)

Husky_mom
03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
dont tease with my heart pleeeeasee!!!!! i was so happy and now sad.........LOL i wish everything turns well and i hope to see more Buckeroo pics, hes just too cute............too bad you were joking ;)