PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Dog Name...

BaileysMom
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes ok, so I probably won't be getting her for a year or so, but just seeing what you guys think...

I love the name Maya.. but here's the options lol

Maya Rose
Maya Lee / Leigh / Lea / Li /
Mayalee Rose
Mayaleigh Rose
Mayalea Rose
Mayali Rose

any comments or other suggestions are welcome lol other name suggestions as far as middle names welcome as well, I definately want Maya as her first name or nickname. She would be joining big brother Bailey Cale. [course depending on what breed I end up with she might end up bigger than him lol]
:)

jenluckenbach
03-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I like Maya Lee. And I don't prefer the odd spellings because people (like the vet, etc) will simply spell it wrong all the time.

Muddy4paws
03-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Mayaleigh

I like that name, also some PT'er has added a thread about dogs names so you could look there too :)

BaileysMom
03-26-2006, 11:47 AM
yea i'm not sure.. i wouldn't give the vet her full name lol everyone would refer to her as Maya.. i just like the thought of the full name lol. Right now breed wise I'm looking into another shih tzu or yorkie.. I always wanted a husky/klee klei but i dont think that'd work real well with Bai. I'd want his playmate to be around his size so he doesnt get too worn out.

Lori Jordan
03-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Mayaleigh ....it's different i find with dog names we are running out of them...like my guys i could never think of something you dont here mine are Maggy,Lacy,Molly....i ended them all in "Y" good thinking great names!!!

zoomer
03-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Try here :)

http://www.dogbreedz.com/dognames/DogNames_list_a_1.cfm

Vette
03-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I like Maya Lee. And I don't prefer the odd spellings because people (like the vet, etc) will simply spell it wrong all the time.

That is very true.
i spell my cats name as "Cheetoo" with an extra 'e' in there. and they ALWAYS spell her name wrong. but i dont care. since my pets are speical to me then i sometimes find ways of making their name more special in my own way to me.

so far shes the only pet ive done that with though.
i thought about spelling Kirby as 'Kurby' but it was too late. i got in the habit of typing 'Kirby'

vinjashira
03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I like Maya Lee because it sounds like "Mei Li" which means "pretty" in chinese :)

Karen
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I like Maya Rose, but whatever suits her when you get her should be the final arbiter!