PDA

View Full Version : Attention (Please read)

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Photobucket has notified me that I am getting close to exceeding my bandwidth so would those of you that I have made graphics for (siggies and other), make sure you have them saved on your computer and uploaded to your own online storage. These will be the first ones I will delete since they are using my bandwidth.. Any fun stuff that I played with and sent you or posted, save them if you want them. I will be deleting them in about a month.

A good rule of thumb for EVERYBODY is when someone makes you something like this, as soon as you get it, save it to your computer and upload it to your own online storage right away.

I save very few on my computer that I do for other people, usually once I upload them, I delete them off my computer. It has taken me about 2 years to get this message from Photobucket and that is a lot of graphics!

jenluckenbach
03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Laura, I got that email as well, and I went to my photobucket account and I was no where NEAR my bandwidth allottment. Did you actually go LOOK??? It was more of an advertisement for their premium upgrade. Now, you may really be close to your limit with other peoples siggys and things, but you should actually go and LOOK (under account options).

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I did go look but had no clue as to what I was looking at or what it meant... Clue me in could you? I do have a lot of pictures there and most of them are linked to a forum.

Prairie Purrs
03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I got the same message, and I'm using only 16% of my space.

When you click on "account options," look under "user information." You should see this: Album size 8.1 Mb ( 16.2% ) (of course, your album size will be different :) ). The percentage in parentheses will tell you how much of your allowed space you're using.

It seems that Photobucket must have sent that same promo message to everyone telling them that they're nearly out of space. Pretty cheesy, I think.

catnapper
03-26-2006, 07:11 PM
LOL... I got that email rolled my eyes and deleted it. I have a few accounts so I just rotate them to avoid this problem! ;)

Glacier
03-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I pay for a premium photobucket account. It's worth every dime of the 20 bucks a year!

K9soul
03-26-2006, 07:25 PM
I pay for a premium photobucket account. It's worth every dime of the 20 bucks a year!

Ditto, I agree! You get so many nice features and almost unlimited storage. Well worth the yearly fee for me :)

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Ablum size and bandwidth used is two different things.. how do you find the bandwidth you are using? That is what my email said I had about met my limit of, said nothing about ablum size.

trayi52
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
I got the same email, I know I don't have that many pictures there. So, anyway I just deleted the email.

Willie :)

Prairie Purrs
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
"Monthly bandwidth" is listed right below "Album size." If you click on the question mark next to "monthly bandwidth," it says this: You are allowed 2,500 MB of bandwidth per month for free accounts. This is approx 30,000 direct links and resets each month on the day you registered.

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Catsindenver.... Thanks, if what you said is correct then it is a sell job, that says monthly bandwidth is 5.13!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2006, 02:03 AM
I got same e-mail!! As I have tons of pics there, I deleted a whole bunch. Of course I amd sure first at I have them all on a picture CD :)