PDA

View Full Version : Random Announcements

ChrisH
03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
There is thread like this on a JD forum and thought it may be of interest here. It's for things that just occur/happen that don't really need a reply, or that you don't want to start a whole new thread about. I'll start with this.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

It gladdened my heart today to see a pair of robins building a nest again in the ivy on my shed. They had begun doing it just before the snow we had a couple of weeks ago and I feared they had given up altogether. It is so lovely to watch. :D
(No, no pictures, my camera isn't good enough to catch them)

.................................................. .................................................. ...

See what I mean?
Please add your own if you have one. :D

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I go back to work next week...March 19.. :( So I will be gone from PT for 28 days..

slick
03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Good idea Chris. I'm glad that the days are getting longer. It means no more driving home from work in the dark. :)

RobiLee
03-26-2006, 11:11 AM
OMG..that is so odd that you say that, because recently every morning I look out my computer window to check on my little Dove who is sitting in her nest. This is the 3rd time that her and her mate have made their nest in the same location. It is in our portable basketball hoop thingy. Only this time I am super worried because over the winter we moved the basketball thing inside the gate and it sits right in the corner of the house where my computer window is which also means it is in the back where the dogs go out. Katie and Tori know it is there and I've had to shoo them away and have even caught Katie standing up on the house trying to get a bit closer :eek: . Alden has been going out and letting her know that that is not her space she is not allowed near there. She is actually doing quite well with that but I'm afraid once the babies arrive she will forget her manners. We had some snow here not too long ago and the poor Dove sat there with snow on her I wanted so badly to go out and put a blanket over her. I'm so worried about my birdies. :(

Corinna
03-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Had to get my bird feeder out and filled to day the finches are back. 2 weeks until my mom comes for a long stay.

AbbyMom
03-26-2006, 02:19 PM
After being AWOL for over a year, our little feral kitty has returned for daily feedings. We call him Chessie. I have bought a trap and plan to TNR soon. I thought he was a goner for a coyote, so I'm glad he's back.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p15683d233fe1b711cbb9b88a1bb32eeb/efc43b5e.jpg

Barbara
03-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Today is the first day it was about 60 deg. warm- so spring will spring finally :)

captain
03-26-2006, 04:52 PM

We just had the Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne. On Friday, I went to watch the EAD (elite Athletes with a Disability) weightlifting competition.

I am truly humbled. These men are inspiring.

Jods
03-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Zoey starts swimming next weekend so I figured I go to public swimming today to let her try out the pool. She gave me a big lip a couple times LOL, but didn't cry!! I'm sooo proud. :)

ChrisH
06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
I heard today that my eldest grandaughter is going to be working in Spain for the rest of the year. Whooee! Ok, so she has to work, but there will also be lots of sea, sand and fun, of that I am sure. :D

And
I'm getting a new camera! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/banana.gif

captain
06-14-2006, 11:10 PM
IAnd
I'm getting a new camera! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/banana.gif

Does this mean MORE BOB and EBBY pics?????? :D:D:D:D

gemini9961
06-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm changing positions at my work. :D

Kfamr
06-14-2006, 11:38 PM
My boss' wife is to be induced tomorrow. She isn't due until the 21st (I think?) but since they have had troubles in the past delivering a girl - they want to induce her while the baby is 100% healthy.

---------

I'm sending in an application for another animal hospital tomorrow.

---------

I really should be sleeping right now. :p

Karen
06-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Today I exploded a rock while mowing the lawn.

It was about half the size of a football, just an ordinary grey chunk of New England rock. We had weeks, literally, of rain, and then the last two days were hot and sunny. This all somehow combined so that, when I knicked it with the mower, it shattered. It was about a foot away from Paul's car at the time, and yet not a single piece hit the car windows or the car itself, less than ten feet from the house and the side-by-side kitchen windows and none hit the windows, and the one that went furthest was traveling hard enough to punch a hole in the vinyl siding of the house, and was sharp enough to slice off a syringa twig with flowers, but missed the window behind which Paul's computer sits by a foot. There was nothing left of the rock in the spot it had sat for years, though some pieces were on the grass a few inches away. The edges of the pieces are sharp and flat, and the insides look rusty, so probably iron in the rock.

Almita
06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Tired didn't sleep for one day....but yet don't seem tired odd. Had to clean the whole house. Outside was 105 degrees at least it got lower the degrees haha seems a little cooler like a tad bit. Browsing on PT since i have been here for a long time.

RobiLee
06-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Today I exploded a rock while mowing the lawn.

It was about half the size of a football, just an ordinary grey chunk of New England rock. We had weeks, literally, of rain, and then the last two days were hot and sunny. This all somehow combined so that, when I knicked it with the mower, it shattered. It was about a foot away from Paul's car at the time, and yet not a single piece hit the car windows or the car itself, less than ten feet from the house and the side-by-side kitchen windows and none hit the windows, and the one that went furthest was traveling hard enough to punch a hole in the vinyl siding of the house, and was sharp enough to slice off a syringa twig with flowers, but missed the window behind which Paul's computer sits by a foot. There was nothing left of the rock in the spot it had sat for years, though some pieces were on the grass a few inches away. The edges of the pieces are sharp and flat, and the insides look rusty, so probably iron in the rock.

WOW!! :eek:

RobiLee
06-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I have an eye infection. My left eye is a mess. All red, puffy and goopy. It is so sore. Hurts to wipe it with a tissue and to even blink. It started yesterday morning. It was so bad today that I called the dr. He was able to see me. He checked me out real good. Asked if I had been sick recently and having any trouble with dizziness. Uhhh..Yes, I have! I woke up Mon. morning with part of my left upper gum swollen and extremely painful which spread to my head and I wound up with a major headache, nausea and dizziness. The painful gum situation didn't last long though. Thank God! Turns out its all a virus and has spread to my eye. Doc said not to be surprised if it spread to my other eye or if I came down with major flu like symptoms in a few days :eek: :eek: . Hope none of that happens. The eye thing has made it difficult to study for my final exam that I have to take tomorrow and I am extremely grateful that my grade is good enough that if I totally bomb the exam I will still pass the class. I just want my eye to be cleared up before Friday because that is our Relay For Life event and I defintely want to be there to take my victory lap ;).

ChrisH
06-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Michelle. More Bob & Ebby pics? Maybe. :D

gemini9961. A promotion?

Kay. Hope all goes well for your boss's wife, and Good Luck with the application!

Karen. Wow! :eek: Scary, and very lucky there were no injuries or damage.

Almita. 105 degrees! Now that is hot! :eek:
Robin. Aw, poor girl, that sounds awful. Hope it is not so sore today and that it doesn't spread. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/streicheln.gifGood Luck with the exam!

Cookiebaker
06-15-2006, 04:58 AM
There is only about 1-2 weeks of work left to some major house remodeling (brand new kitchen). I am looking forward to ORGANIZATION again as well as being able to do some major cleaning!! Besides that, I can't wait to see what the kitchen looks like when it is done, done, done!! I am so excited about it!!! :D

mruffruff
06-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Cookiebaker,

Pictures please when you finally get into your new kitchen. I'm a nut about remodeling jobs.

ChrisH
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Found the first large & sleepy momma wasp this morning - in my bathroom. :( I had hoped I'd seen the last of them when I moved home.

ChrisH
07-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Wrexham Newi college finally gets the university status it deserves and, best of all, it is being re-named Glyndwr after our heroic rebel prince. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7507908.stm

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2008, 04:42 AM
I wish that our weather would be much better, I miss the sun:(. Feeling a bit down too............

Pawsitive Thinking
07-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm going to see Mama Mia the Movie - twice in two days!!!! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-16-2008, 10:16 AM
And...................I'm going to Germany at the beginning of August. May get to stay here http://www.schloss-elmau.de/english/index.html for a day or two ;)

Alysser
07-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Got some revenge on my a**hole supervisor today!! :]

I was visiting my friend in an area I wasn't in today on my break and he yelled at me for "distracting her from her work" yet there were no customers. I almost lost it but I was said as calmly as possible "I'm on break, I'm not getting paid for standing here." and he just walked away. Later on he came to my area and gave me a couple of dirty looks. :rolleyes:

REVENGE IS SWEET!! ;)

(okay it wasn't that bad, but it sure felt good to prove him wrong!!)

Miss Z
07-17-2008, 05:40 AM
I'll be absent from PT from Saturday to Thursday, as once again I'm going to the Royal Welsh Show with one of my best friends! Some of you may remember my pictures from last year.

http://www.rwas.co.uk/en/welsh-show

The weather is crappy again, though. :( I don't understand WHY we can't have nice summer weather for more than one day, when we get another two weeks of cloud and rain. Still, even when it was pouring last year we had a good time, so fingers crossed. :)

I'll then be back for a couple of days before disappearing again; this time I'm crossing the pond (where I should FINALLY get some sun!). We're staying in Fort Myers, FL, and plan to visit quite a bit of SW FL and perhaps a few of the Keys. Wonder if I'll bump into any PTers.... ;)

ChrisH
07-17-2008, 08:49 AM
When I saw it advertised I thought of you and wondered if you would be going this year. Fingers crossed for some sun for you, or at least some dry days. Have fun anyway!

Miss Z
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM
When I saw it advertised I thought of you and wondered if you would be going this year. Fingers crossed for some sun for you, or at least some dry days. Have fun anyway!

Thank you. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm HAPPY.

:)

BitsyNaceyDog
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Today is Justin and my 8th anniversary AND my sister is getting married today.

Cookiebaker
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
There is only about 1-2 weeks of work left to some major house remodeling (brand new kitchen). I am looking forward to ORGANIZATION again as well as being able to do some major cleaning!! Besides that, I can't wait to see what the kitchen looks like when it is done, done, done!! I am so excited about it!!! :D

hahaha I was just reading this from June 2006...if I had only known what was coming straight at me, I wouldn't have written that post.

So little did I know that our contractor was going to leave us mid-job, and the kitchen wouldn't be finished for another 6 months +. So little did I know that I was pregnant when I posted that, but wouldn't find out for another 2 weeks (June 28). So little did I know that I was going to quit my job 3 months later.

Ya never know where life is going to take you next!!! :p

Suki Wingy
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Somebody left a quarter in the take-a-penny thingy at 7-Eleven! :eek: That's a lot!

Suki Wingy
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Someone came into my work and saw it as an opportunity to try and convert me to Christianity, and I couldn't walk away because I was at work. She didn't even know what Unitarian Universalist or Paganism was.

ChrisH
07-28-2008, 05:48 AM
My usb connect external disk drive which was so useful for storing & keeping programs that weren't used much, pictures, video's and various other things suddenly stopped working. :mad: If it can't be fixed, or at the very least some data recovered, I am not going to be a very happy bunny. At all. :(

Catty1
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Suki - does your job not have a 'no-solicitation' policy? ;)

My balcony garden is great - the third ripe cherry tomato is almost ready, the peas are blooming, and the plant with BIG tomatoes has sprouted about four!

The radishes....well....they have nice pink flowers when it's all over...:rolleyes::D

ChrisH
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Now my washing machine has broken. :(

Don't want to know about a number three.

Ginger's Mom
07-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh my, Chris, I can't believe it, what bad luck. :(
Ginger, Taz and I were at the park yesterday morning and some came over, said she was from the local newspaper and that her editor had sent her out to get pictures. She asked if she could take pictures of the dogs and of course I said yes. :) She didn't know when they would make the paper but told me I could call the Photo Editor today. They aren't in today's paper, but I did call someone and ask if the pictures will actually make it to the paper. She said she will check and get back to me this afternoon. :D

jazzcat
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM
I think my car is finally fixed!!! (Knock on wood!)

I was in a hit and run accident back in May and it's taken this long to get all the problems with my Jeep worked out (luckily I was uninjured). The only damage to the outside of my car was I needed a new back bumper but ever since then all these sensors and lights keep coming on/messing up with the engine. I think the part they replaced last week has finally fixed it all. Yay!!!

I'm excited because for the past two and half months I've been dealing with repairs on my car, my husbands car and both my Dad's vehicles. I'm majorly burned out!

MoonandBean
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Hehe...this is a cool thread.

I can finally walk without limping! :) (As of yesterday; one month since I broke my leg).

*LabLoverKEB*
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Good thread!:)

I got my wisdom teeth taken out last Friday... And it still kinda hurts... lol:(

caseysmom
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I leave for Hawaii in exactly a week! I am getting excited!

jazzcat
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I leave for Hawaii in exactly a week! I am getting excited!
Take me with you, please!!!!

jennielynn1970
07-28-2008, 01:47 PM
I start my part time job this week!!! Yay!! Glad training will be done by the time my full time job starts back up in a month!

Suki Wingy
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I got to go to an awesome concert on Saturday! I posted a video here in a thread in general.

caseysmom
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Take me with you, please!!!!

You got it!

ChrisH
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
TV subtitle writers who work on live programmes sometimes get words wrong. For example this is what a man who was sitting very still watching a badger was written as saying, "It seems totally owe blifiousto my presence".http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/happy041.gif

ChrisH
08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Damn pet insurers are putting up the monthly premium on Bob from £20.83 to £32.73!! Near enough £12 increase! £12!!!! :mad:

Been online for a few hours finding cheaper ones, which I have, both for Bob and Ebby (before the premium for hers is increased). Going to spend some time deciding on which one, it's tricky.

smokey the elder
08-01-2008, 02:23 PM
They have closed caption newsfeed at lunch at work, and clearly these captions are not written by a literate person. And neither are the crawls across the bottom; there are more and more typos.:p

Ginger's Mom
08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree I was thinking the same thing when I read Chris' post. I must admit sometimes I will put on the closed captioning of the news just for a laugh. :o

DJFyrewolf36
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I found out near where Im working there is huge patches of wild blackberries :D.
Oregon is really nice :cool: we dont get wild fruit in Nevada.

slick
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Watching Canadian Idol tonight I discovered that Tom Jones is from the UK. All these years and I never knew that. :rolleyes:

Catty1
08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Tom Jones is actually Welsh, from a mining family (I think he was a miner too, for a bit!)

RE: the closed captioning - that is done by a type of speech-to-text recognition software. Computer examples are Dragon Dictate, ViaVoice (Mac), etc.

So the program just spells out what it "hears"....lol

Casper
08-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Yesterday I got back in touch with a cousin of mine that I had grown distant from. Today, my face still hurts from laughing so much and I can't comprehend how we ended up not talking for so many years.

Oh, and yesterday my uncle gave us a dozen ears of fresh corn.. yum! And I went to the farmers market this morning and picked up plenty of home-grown green beans and new potatoes. We're going to have a great supper tonight. I'm excited! (Can you tell I love fresh veggies? Hehe.)

I found out near where Im working there is huge patches of wild blackberries :D.
Oregon is really nice :cool: we dont get wild fruit in Nevada.

Yummy! My friend has a batch of wild ones growing in the middle of a pasture of cattle. Back when they used to have a more aggressive bull, I remember jumping the fence and trying to race to get to the blackberries. :)

ChrisH
08-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Watching Canadian Idol tonight I discovered that Tom Jones is from the UK. All these years and I never knew that. :rolleyes:

Not just UK but Wales! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/3dflagsdotcom_ukwal_2fawm.gif :D

Cookiebaker
08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
the very hardest part about being a mom to a toddler is when you are sick. I am sick, very very ill. :( Today is a hard day and i just want it to be evening when Mark comes home from work.

ChrisH
09-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh, Anna, I'm sorry, I've only just seen this. ^^ I so hope you have fully recovered by now.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/console.gif

ChrisH
09-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Today, across my homeland of Wales, the flag is being raised to commemorate the proclamation of my Welsh hero,
Owain Glyndwr, as Prince more than 600 years ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Miscellaneous/flagflying.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7617420.stm

http://www.welshwales.co.uk/welsh_heritage.htm#owain

ChrisH
10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
It's SNOWING!!! :eek: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/remoteImage-2.gif

Alysser
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I got like a 90 on my chemistry quiz!!!!!! :D I can't believe it, and my current average is an 88. I seriously thought I failed. ;) WOOOOOOOO! Sorry, just excited haha, supposedly Mr. D is the hardest teacher in our school for chemistry.

carole
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
The elections are on November the 8th, i am hoping the present government will stay in. YAY for the Labour Party and Helen Clarke.:)

caseysmom
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I got like a 90 on my chemistry quiz!!!!!! :D I can't believe it, and my current average is an 88. I seriously thought I failed. ;) WOOOOOOOO! Sorry, just excited haha, supposedly Mr. D is the hardest teacher in our school for chemistry.

Good job! I am glad I am not back in school!

Suki Wingy
10-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Congrats on that A! I got an 81% on my Anthro test, and my dad was mad, he said it was basically like getting a C. I've never had that reaction ever from my mom.

Miss Z
10-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Chris, you got snow? No fair! We got the usual constant heavy downpours up here. Blegh.

I'm off for a work experience interview tomorrow on a sheep farm near Oxford - I have my fingers crossed that I'll get it, otherwise I'll have travelled half-way down the country for nothing. :p

Whisk_Luva
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
We had snow yesterday as well :)

Good luck Zara :)

Miss Z
10-29-2008, 08:12 AM
We had snow yesterday as well :)

Ok, that's it. I hate Lancashire. :p

Or maybe the snow is saving itself for when school restarts, then the school building will be snowed in and I'll get some extra holiday? Gawd knows I need it to finish my binomial theorem and arithmetic sequences homework! :eek: ;)

Ooo, because I haven't been around for so long, I have an old announcement to make:

I started senior debating at school, and my friend and I won our first ever real debate 17-1! It was so scary at first, having to speak convincingly with virtually no cues for 5 minutes, but I guess I discovered I'm a real blabber mouth when push comes to shove! :D

Barbara
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
There was snow in London yesterday evening. This is the first time I have seen snow in London :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-29-2008, 09:39 AM
There was snow in London yesterday evening. This is the first time I have seen snow in London :)

I WANT SNOW HERE TOO !!!!:D

ChrisH
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Guess who my son was talking to today .... he was enjoying watching The Killers rehearse for the EMA MTV awards and became aware that there was another person there ... Bono! They had quite a normal little chat, "about s**te" as my son so nicely put it. I was/am impressed. :D

p.s. apparently Bono likes The Killers and as he at the awards to present an award to Sir Paul he took the chance to be in at their rehearsals.

carole
11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
How exciting for him, now if only it had been Johnny Depp eh? i am sure mum would have been there.lol:):D

Vermontcat
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Guess who my son was talking to today .... he was enjoying watching The Killers rehearse for the EMA MTV awards and became aware that there was another person there ... Bono! They had quite a normal little chat, "about s**te" as my son so nicely put it. I was/am impressed. :D

p.s. apparently Bono likes The Killers and as he at the awards to present an award to Sir Paul he took the chance to be in at their rehearsals.

What's that?
Did someone say Bono's name?:cool:
That is so cool that your son got to talk with Bono.
Did he get any photos or an autograph?
The Killers are cool, maybe Bono will have them open for U2 when they do their next tour.

captain
11-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Bono you say ......... did you let Amy know (Wolf_Q) :)
That is awesome Chris ...!!!

ChrisH
11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
How exciting for him, now if only it had been Johnny Depp eh? i am sure mum would have been there.lol:):D
I'm a big Bono fan but if it had been JD ... well, he knows better than to have told me, I would have been way too jealous.

What's that?
Did someone say Bono's name?:cool:
That is so cool that your son got to talk with Bono.
Did he get any photos or an autograph?
The Killers are cool, maybe Bono will have them open for U2 when they do their next tour.
Guess he could have but it wasn't that kind of a meeting, as he said it was so cool because it wasn't about getting an autograph and stuff. They met because of the particular situation and it was all kind of natural, talking of mutual acquaintances and such, one being Mike Peters of The Alarm, anyone remember him/them?

Bono you say ......... did you let Amy know (Wolf_Q) :)
That is awesome Chris ...!!!
It is isn't it. He meets/has met many people in the rock world but Bono! That kind of takes the biscuit, especially as it was, as I wrote above, in a kind of natural manner.
Actually, he was calling me about something to do with my grandaughter, Dannielle and before he hung up it was an 'by the way', as you imagine I was :eek:.

Suki Wingy
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Someone on Youtube claims their brother rode a roller coaster with Rik Mayall.

Also, I have to sit around for 3 and a half hours until lessons start at this barn that I'm planning on going to. I want to watch some lessons before I make the decision to ride there.

ChrisH
11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Someone on Youtube claims their brother rode a roller coaster with Rik Mayall.
Meaning?

mustlovedogs
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
It's Friday!!!!!

:D.

Suki Wingy
11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, it would be so freaking awesome to ride a roller coaster with Rik freaking Mayall!

carole
11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
It is our big election day today, probably a new party will take over, much to my disappointment, but who knows, I have all fingers and paws crossed for our present government to be re-instated.

I was up early and voting all done by nine am.:)

ChrisH
11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, it would be so freaking awesome to ride a roller coaster with Rik freaking Mayall!
Sorry, I forgot you were a Young Ones fan. It would certainly be a memorable experience for sure. :D

Every now and then I hear or see things about Ade but I haven't anything of Rik in ages. Wonder what he's up to nowadays.

mustlovedogs
11-08-2008, 12:44 PM
It is sooo cold out today.

But......

It's finally SNOWING!!!

:D.

Suki Wingy
11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Ade's got a new band, I actually run the thefanlistings.org approved fanlisting for it. :) According to Ade, Rik's pretty much out of it. He refused to do any more live Bottom shows with Rik, actually. You know Rik claims when he fell off that quad bike he died for five days then came back to life. :eek: Then again half his autobiography is made up.

k9krazee
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I am very disappointed. My dog is a man-eating threat to society and I can't even be home to see him. I hope everything turns out okay in the next few weeks. *fingers crossed* I don't know what I'd do if they didn't.

I have lots of things to do before tomorrow. It's snowing. And I'm lonely, but I'm not in a people mood. I just want to curl up, read a good book and escape. Maybe Tuesday night I'll have time, but at this moment it's not possible. I can't wait to finish school, start my life, move far away and take my neglected dog with me.

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
WHAT??? :confused:

My dog is a man-eating threat to society and I can't even be home to see him.

I hope everything turns out okay in the next few weeks.
*fingers crossed*
I don't know what I'd do if they didn't.

What have we missed? :confused:

Has Jackie L tried to take an :eek: Byte outa sumbuddie?

Is he really in trouble?
We can write "He's a NICE Dawg" letters to anyone who needs to see one.

{{{Hugs}}} to help ya Feel Better! :love:

k9krazee
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
What have we missed? Is he really in trouble?

Jackie Loo "attacked" a man this week that was walking down the sidewalk. The guy needed stitches, so animal control had to get involved. Jack is in quarantine for the next 15 days (thankfully at home). The guy is most likely going to sue, and we could get a fine/jail time/community service as it is a misdemeanor. At this point he's safe, from what I understand, but it's still a sticky situation.

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Jackie Loo "attacked" a man this week that was walking down the sidewalk.

The guy needed stitches, so animal control had to get involved.
Jack is in quarantine for the next 15 days (thankfully at home).

The guy is most likely going to sue,
and we could get a fine/jail time/community service as it is a misdemeanor.

At this point he's safe, from what I understand, but it's still a sticky situation.

:eek:
:(

Oh Jack ... NAWTEE Boy!! :(

So very Sorry, Ashley!
It's hard to believe Jackie could ever get so upset with a human.
I wonder if there was any antagonism displayed by the guy toward Jack?

If it'll help --- I'll be happy to contribute to his bail or fine - just say what is needed.

{{{HUGS}}}

:(

CountryWolf07
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM
No classes on Tuesday! Veterans Day. So need a day off from my crazy quarter @ OSU!

Casper
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Today I learned that I have received a scholarship to a local college that will pay full tuition! Hoorah! http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/Emoticon__Dancing_by_Thirteen_Autum.gif

It shouldn't be too terribly hard to find an additional scholarship or grant to help pay for books and fees, too. Gosh, this is a big load off of my shoulders... and my mum's shoulders, too!

Alysser
11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Jackie Loo "attacked" a man this week that was walking down the sidewalk. The guy needed stitches, so animal control had to get involved. Jack is in quarantine for the next 15 days (thankfully at home). The guy is most likely going to sue, and we could get a fine/jail time/community service as it is a misdemeanor. At this point he's safe, from what I understand, but it's still a sticky situation.

Aw, BAD JACK!! :( I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this right now. It's not something fun to be in. (((hugs))) Ash, hope everything works out for you.

Courtney, that is so great for you! :D Congratulations. My sister is currently going through the process of choosing a college, she is applying to several state school's since tution is pretty low, and one in Philadelphia, but she has a good chance at getting money for that one since her SAT scores were really high.

Suki Wingy
11-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm moving to New Jersey for at least a year.

jennielynn1970
11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Where in Jersey??

Miss Z
11-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Just a little announcement:

I am still here; with college work I hardly get time to pop into PT any more. :( Thank you to those who sent e-mails and PMs asking how I'm doing. The pets are fine, and things have been going pretty smoothly lately, apart from the fact my grandmother was burgled a fortnight ago, and I've just recovered from an infection.

Oh, and for those who have facebook, (My friends finally persuaded me to get the darn thing. :p) please PM me if you wish to add me.

beeniesmom
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm very happy.
I'll never forget today.

Ginger's Mom
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm very happy.
I'll never forget today.

Considering that I have had a very bad day today, I would love to hear some good news. Would you care to share? :)

Suki Wingy
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Augusta, NJ. Right next to the fairgrounds. It's not final though I really, really hope it is. If not, New York is a possibility though.

jennielynn1970
12-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, thats like only an hour away from where I live, maybe a little more cause it's north - east. But it's close to Stroudsburg, PA (and that's not too far from me).

I'm just thinking of winters there.... BRRRRRRR!!!

k9krazee
12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I think I have finally decided exactly what I want to do in life, occupation wise, and I have a do=able plan to make it happen. I am so excited, at this very moment, and hope that it all works out the way I want it to. :)

Suki Wingy
12-05-2008, 06:39 PM
My aunt also lives in Pennsylvania, right next to the Delaware border. Maybe when (if) I move out there we can meet up.

In other news, I am watching the 2003 Bottom live show again, Weapons Grade Y Fronts. Warning, very crude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o1MvLSy8JI)
It just never gets any less funny.

I hope it works out for you too! I don't know what I want to do beyond next year. Well, I think I may have a few ideas but they're near impossible.

Cinder & Smoke
12-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I think I have finally decided exactly what I want to do in life, occupation wise,
and I have a do=able plan to make it happen. :)

Yes ... ???

And she's going to keep it a SEEKRIT! :p

When should we check back?

:D

k9krazee
12-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes ... ???
And she's going to keep it a SEEKRIT! :p
When should we check back?

It will remain a secret until I finish my school and start doing it! So check back in about 2 years. :P

I have wanted to be a vet for my entire life, and at this point I realized that I may not have the personality it takes. I have a completely different path I feel like I NEED to go down, but feel as if I'm disappointing people that believed I could be a vet and supported me there.

Alysser
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Augusta, NJ. Right next to the fairgrounds. It's not final though I really, really hope it is. If not, New York is a possibility though.

Wow, you're gonna be in New Jersey? How cool. :D I hope you enjoy our state LOL, you should check out the magazine weird NJ, great read and it's fun to visit those places :D

Well, I had a history test today, better have done well. My grades have been sorta bad lately.

Hey, Ash come on, tell us? :D If it helps, I still don't know what to do either, ugh. It's so hard to think of a good occupation, but I can't be a vet, I know it. I just can't put up with animals dying on a daily basis on MY HANDS, can't do it. D:

caseysmom
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
It will remain a secret until I finish my school and start doing it! So check back in about 2 years. :P

I have wanted to be a vet for my entire life, and at this point I realized that I may not have the personality it takes. I have a completely different path I feel like I NEED to go down, but feel as if I'm disappointing people that believed I could be a vet and supported me there.

Its your life and you need to do what makes you happy...period. My daughter forever wanted to be a vet and recently changed her mind, it was kind of dissappointing to me but its her choice. She is looking at going to med school now, veterinarians are required to go to a ton of school and just don't make that much money anymore.

Moesha
12-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I had a very good friend who said he wanted to be a vet from 1st grade through graduation. He got a scholarship and went to college to become a vet. He decided that wasn't what he wanted afterall. He is now a farmer, a husband, father of 3, school board member and very happy.

Karen
12-05-2008, 11:36 PM
I had a dear friend who did all the work to become a doctor - the advanced degrees, the internships, and everything. But when he finally was an MD, he suddenly realized he could not take the stress of making life-and-death decisions. He then switched his focus, and became a software person who specialized in helping doctors understand and deal with new technology ... just as important, and even vital. He was much happier that way!

k9krazee
12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I have two Aunts that wanted be vets when they were growing up. One is now an agility trainer/dog groomer and the other is retired from the Navy. Both are extremely happy. My Optometrist wanted to be a vet, then realized how much more work it would be so went into eyes. My dentist couldn't seem to get into vet school so she turned to dentistry. I wanted to be that person, especially in my family, that actually was going to be a vet. I've finally realized that it's not what I really want to do.

I've decided I'm going to be a Mortian. The job as has always appealed to me, and I've always just joked about it. 2 years ago when I started at Ferris I decided to get an associates in pre-mortuary science because it only took one extra class and I thought it was humorous. Back in high school I took a forensics class and came to really liking the idea of being a medical examiner. Now I can make a that my long term goal, because it takes a lot of schooling. I'll stick it out at Ferris for 1 more year to get my B.A in Applied Biology (with the Associates in pre-mortuary), then go to Detroit for 1 year and get my B.A in Mortuary Science, do 1 year of aprenticing and be ready for a job!

I didn't mean to hijack this thread so much, just sort of sifting through my thoughts I guess. :o

Suki Wingy
12-05-2008, 11:44 PM
That's cool. :) So you'll be like Dr. G if all goes well? I love that show. I've had people tell me I'd be good at that but I don't think so. I actually had a phobia of internal organs until I was about 7. :p

Cinder & Smoke
12-06-2008, 01:10 AM
It will remain a secret until I finish my school and start doing it!
So check back in about 2 years. :p

(... but feel as if I'm disappointing people that believed I could be a vet
and supported me there.)

Well ... THAT Seekrit lasted all of about 4 hours ... :D

You're not "disappointing" anyone, Kiddo!

Keep yourself out of *trouble* and learn to do something that will be satisfying
to YOU, and the whole world will be Happy for you and Proud of you!

Make yourSELF Happy with your career ... don't worry about what "we'll think" -
"WE" don't have to approve of your career path - YOU otta pick what
YOU will enjoy doing and get personal satisfaction from doing.

Go Gettum, Kiddo!! :)

:love:

Andie
12-06-2008, 08:56 AM
If I had a tail I would be wagging it about now.

I got an early birthday/christmas gift last night: A LAPTOP!!!!

Excuse me I have to go kiss Dustin again. :D

mustlovedogs
12-06-2008, 09:43 AM
AWESOME!!!! :D

Happy early birthday!!!!!

Suki Wingy
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Today is Pearl Harbour day, and also my grandpa's birthday.
http://www.bergoiata.org/fe/Paysages-divers/U.S.S.%20Arizona%20Memorial,%20Pearl%20Harbor,%20H awaii.jpg
http://www.hotelshawaii.travel/wiki/images/d/da/USS_Arizon_Memorial.jpg
I've always wanted to visit the memorial on top of the USS Arizona.

Moesha
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time today. Being a redhead and having very light eyebrows, I had always been afraid that I'd look like I had none if I had them shaped. So I had them darkened first and then waxed. I never would have thought I'd ever do that. I don't know what came over me! LOL

Suki Wingy
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I have the opposite, very, thick, very dark eyebrows that go everywhere. I don't have them waxed because even the sensitive skin wax gives me hives.

binka_nugget
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I recently decided to start dating again, after a very nasty and painful breakup in March.

I've gone out a few times with this guy who I thought was amazing. I found out today that he's a drug dealer.

If you knew my history with men, you'd find this very amusing.. I sure know how to pick 'em!

Moesha
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I HAVE MY LAPTOP BACK!!!

Finally! I had to send it to Texas for some repair work that was covered under warranty. I've missed my big screen and my number pad and all my own stuff! I'm so happy. Now you may continue with what you were doing...:D

Suki Wingy
12-12-2008, 08:32 PM
The rental car is packed and my apartment is bare. I'm moving back home tomorrow.

jennielynn1970
12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I finally sucked it up and finished painting my library (after 4 years :o)!!! It may not be great, it may not be as nice as the guy who started it (my ex), but it's now DONE!

Alysser
12-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I am the first white-out artist! :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2008, 09:09 PM
After beginning my condo renovations in June 2006, such as getting new floors in the kitchen and bathrooms, painting all of the walls,ceilings (except for the ceiling in the second bedroom),and doors by myself, I'm finally going to be getting new carpet installed on Dec.26th-possibly the 27th. Then everything will finally be finished and my condo will look so much better.:)

Karen
12-13-2008, 09:55 PM
We need pets nominated with Christmas - and New Year - themed photos!

Randi
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
We had a small earthquake in the East of Denmark and in Sweden early this morning - I missed it though. :p

Some people did notice... a picture fell down on a guy in his bed, and a turtle and a cat got squished to death. :( :( Other had cracks in their ceilings and CD's came out from shelves.

It was a 4,7.

mustlovedogs
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
We had a small earthquake in the East of Denmark and in Sweden early this morning - I missed it though. :p

Some people did notice... a picture fell down on a guy in his bed, and a turtle and a cat got squished to death. :( :( Other had cracks in their ceilings and CD's came out from shelves.

It was a 4,7.

I'm glad you missed it! :)

Poor guy, and poor pets!! :(

ChrisH
02-19-2009, 08:54 AM
This morning I cut through the park to go to the hairdressers and met the sweetest little Shai Pai puppy, all wriggly, wrinkly and so very cute. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/love.gif Hope I meet her again ... and if I do I have my camera with me.:D

4 Dog Mother
02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Ooh, I love wrinkly little puppies! Sure wish you had your camera with you. I carry a small one in my purse a lot but sure enough when I see something I would like to take a picture of...... I took it out for some reason or another. Did you get close enough to smell puppy breath?

MoonandBean
02-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Sunny will turn ONE this Sunday :)
Hehe...I put it here but that doesn't mean I won't do a thread too :)

Andie
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Me and Dustin have been together for 9 years today.

MoonandBean
02-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

joycenalex
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
i cleaned off my desk, & cleaned the linen closet. earlier this week i cleaned my clothes closet. i am so ready to get rid of some of this extra stuff.-

Suki Wingy
02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
1. I got ha haircut today. I'm not sure if it's defiantly weird or if I should go back and get it fixed. It kind of reminds me of pictures in textbooks from the mid eighties.

2. I practically mutilated a can of jalepeños trying to get it open.

3. I love Mexican style hot tomato sauce.

4. I gave my first private riding lesson today and I'm really surprised at how strong and serious I turned out.

joycenalex
02-21-2009, 10:10 AM
suki, bowl cuts from the 80s, as well as neon colors are coming back....think of yourself as fashion forward:D

Taz_Zoee
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
1. I got ha haircut today. I'm not sure if it's defiantly weird or if I should go back and get it fixed. It kind of reminds me of pictures in textbooks from the mid eighties.

Picture? Please. :p
And there's nothing wrong with eighties hair. I am a child of the eighties. I still get my hair permed. hee hee

cassiesmom
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I just saw the first robin of 2009 :) and on a cloudy, rainy day to boot!

pomtzu
03-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Picture? Please. :p
And there's nothing wrong with eighties hair. I am a child of the eighties. I still get my hair permed. hee hee

I Like "big hair" - I look horrible with flat hair. I keep mine short but "poofy" and I'm an advocate of hair spray!!! :D

CountryWolf07
03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I will graduate from The Ohio State University with a BA in Art on March 22nd, and that's about two weeks away! :)

cassiesmom
03-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I saw 2 deer along the edge of the forest preserve on my way home from work today :)

(But I don't like this time of year because the deer are more active and they do sometimes run out of the forest preserves and onto the road. Please, deer, don't run into the street!)

ChrisH
03-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Dannielle, my youngest granddaughter, is about now, 11:15pm, on the bus bound for Paris.

Bus, ferry, back onto the bus for the final part of the journey, est at the hotel 2pm tomorrow. Back home sometime Wednesday.

School outings were never that good in my day. ;D

k9krazee
03-29-2009, 05:38 PM
I got in (my first) accident today. I rear ended someone, I wasn't going too fast and everybody was okay. I had to get my car towed the rest of the way to school and had to ride with the scary tow truck man. But I'm glad that it wasn't too serious. My car can probably be easily fixed by my dad. The only thing that hurts is the ticket and tow bill. *sigh*

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I got in (my first) accident today. I rear ended someone,
I wasn't going too fast and everybody was okay.

The only thing that hurts is the ticket and tow bill. *sigh*

Better add one more thing that's gonna hurt >>>

The Lecture from DAD!

:eek:

Glad everyone was OK and the damage was minimal.
Good Luck with Dad!

;)

beeniesmom
03-30-2009, 05:55 AM
I got in (my first) accident today. I rear ended someone, I wasn't going too fast and everybody was okay. I had to get my car towed the rest of the way to school and had to ride with the scary tow truck man. But I'm glad that it wasn't too serious. My car can probably be easily fixed by my dad. The only thing that hurts is the ticket and tow bill. *sigh*

OH NO! Glad you are ok.

ninnu
04-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I became an Aunt yesterday :) My brother and his wife have a precious little princess now :love::love::love:

Karen
04-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I became an Aunt yesterday :) My brother and his wife have a precious little princess now :love::love::love:

Congratulations! Spoil her rotten!

Alysser
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Leaving for Disney World tomorrow morning :love::D Driving there and should make it by Saturday. I'll see you all when I get back and I'll post pics of course.

ChrisH
05-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Going to bed happy, The Killers :love: were on the Jonathan Ross show. :D

Andie
05-30-2009, 11:26 AM
My baby brother is officially a high school grad. (I feel old) and an adult (think I should warn him it sucks more than high school?)

cassiesmom
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
My community theatre group finished "Sweeney Todd" yesterday so my life is officially back to the usual routines, including PT! I missed everyone so much!

cassiesmom
07-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I got a nose-kiss from a beautiful Weimaraner today at the July 4th craft show in Hinsdale. Her name is Sasha and she is a rescue Weimaraner. That was the first one I've ever seen in person and she really is that beautiful color!

Then I got an all-over-my-face kiss from another, smaller dog (JRT, maybe? I didn't ask) at another crafter's display. I also saw a beautiful golden retriever at the show.

Casper
07-24-2009, 08:53 PM
My aunt is now officially in remission from lung cancer. :)
Just a while back the doctors had only given her a few months to live.

There has been a lot of celebrating going on!

k9krazee
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Aww, Yay! That's great news!!

Andie
07-25-2009, 12:06 AM

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Great news.

boomersooner
07-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Today is my son Marc's 14th birthday!

CountryWolf07
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Mike comes home tomorrow from St. Louis and I will see him after 5 days and on Monday-Wednesday we are going to Kellys Island, Put-in-Bay, and Cedar Point. :)

cassiesmom
07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I went to Petsmart today after work. I saw 2 beautiful dogs - a tan and black GSD (?- that's what his person said he was) and a reddish-tan and white Boxer. :D

Alysser
07-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Summer's halfway over, I will miss doing parade every single night, I will miss talking about nothing in the break room for hours, I will miss all the weird conversations and inside jokes. I do however look forward to ghouling for fright fest.

boomersooner
07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Boomer smells like a dog today......

Cinder & Smoke
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Boomer smells like a dog today ......

:p

Dawgs are known to do that on occasion ...

Other Favorite Odors include >>>

* Ode de Skunque
* Fresh Rub of Cow Poop
* Breath of Road Apple (aka Horse Poop)
* Scent of Hidden Treasure ~ from the Road Kill Fido dragged behind the couch :eek:
* Deer Burger Pharts ~ when Fido helped the hunters clean up the leftovers

Ya'know ... plain ole DOG isn't so bad, after all.

:rolleyes:

boomersooner
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
You have a point!!! I would much rather have stinky little boy dog smell than stinky little boy dog smell with any of the additions you mentioned!!! LOL

carole
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I am getting a Heat Pump installed tomorrow, i am very excited , it is a dream come true, i have wanted one for so long, and hopefully my home will now be warm as toast and cool when i need it.:)

boomersooner
07-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Okay, Carole....I do need to read these with my glasses ON......I thought you were excited to get a HEART PUMP installed tomorrow....and I couldn't understand why that would make your house warmer!!! Sheesh!!!! (I'm glad it is a HEAT pump, not a HEART pump:))

AdoreMyDogs
07-29-2009, 01:25 PM
My shoulder (mostly the right shoulder) hurts so bad from holding a baby that it tingles. It hurts 100% of the day and night. I'm so tired of this pain.

Karen
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
My shoulder (mostly the right shoulder) hurts so bad from holding a baby that it tingles. It hurts 100% of the day and night. I'm so tired of this pain.

Might it be bursitis, or something that can be treated? Tell them Vince is just gonna grow, and you need to be able to hold him!

boomersooner
07-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Had a hamburger twice today....

Moesha
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I hope it wasn't the same hamburger. :eek:

carole
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh boomersooner you made me giggle there, yes with all my blood pressure worries earlier on that were wrong, i could well have needed a heart pump lol, Yes it is now installed, only took 2hrs, and it is wonderful, it was freezing in the house because all the ranchsliders had been open for the workmen, on a cold rainy winters day down under, so i put it on 30 degrees opened up the doors upstairs, and WOW i was so cosy, and it did warm upstairs nicely too, the rooms are usually freezing.

I have wanted one for ages, and the government started a new scheme to insulate older homes giving us a 1200 grant off the total price, so it made it really worth while , we got a 6.5kw model, larger so that the heat can travel upstairs,and hubby is going to work on a way to get the air con up there in the summer as it is stifling up there.

boomersooner
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
No, it wasn't the same hamburger:D Glad I made you giggle, Carole!! I am also glad you are all comfy in your home now....I swear, I don't think I need my glasses until I do a dumb thing like that!! LOL

boomersooner
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Carole...just realized...it is winter there, isn't it? Hope you are nice and warm and cozy!

kokopup
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
While we have had a few very warm days so far we have had a very mild summer here in Alabama. I can see that the northwest and west are really catching it this year. I hope you continue to keep the hot out west.:D Our high for today was around 80 and for us this time of year that is nice.:love:

carole
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh yes i am in pure heaven, really, i cannot believe the difference , there is no comparison, i had a 2.4kw oil finn heater, and that was all, i was often very cold and upstairs was like a fridge, now with 6.5kw you can imagine, i throw all the doors open and now i can sit in comfort on the computer as it is warm in here, i don't even have to wear a sweatshirt,it is wonderful and the kitties are loving it, although Ash is a bit put out, he loved to sit almost underneath Mr Heater, and i can tell he is missing it, i think that kitty electric blanket is probably a purchase i am going to have to make now.

The kitchen is so warm as it blows in that direction more, so in the summer the air con will be in there blasting me away, it is going to be fantastic.

It also helps my arthritis and aches and pains, as being warm is about all you can do to help the pain, and it won't make it go away , but it will help.

Andie
07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm so tired of this pain.

I hear you. Tore some muscle and soft tissue behind my ankle. Walked around on it for 3 weeks before Dustin convinced me to go to the doctors. Nothing they can really do now just got to let it heal.

Miss Z
08-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Got As in all five of my AS levels today (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Latin) :) :D

Will have to work even harder next year though, as the A level A* grade is introduced!!

Andie
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Congrats!

Miss Z
08-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks! Still can't quite get over it :D

Alysser
08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Is SO tired of Drama at work, STOP acting like nothing happened. STOP telling me I need to try out for fright fest, STOP asking me to do favors for you. :mad: I guess you don't remember the fact that you hate me and I'm a moron, right? Don't talk to me, don't ask me for anything. I'M DONE.

Casper
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I have received an apprenticeship with the best groomer in town! I have seriously been jumping up and down and dancing with joy ever since she told me. I still have to go to college full-time, but I will begin my training next weekend.

I am absolutely ecstatic! :D

Sonia59
09-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Painted my living-room yesterday, with too colors and... I don't like the result!!! :eek: It's the first time it happens to me. I re-painted most rooms in the house and all the chosen colors looked pretty nice so far.
It was supposed to be a very dark pink (don't know how to describe precisely in English). It matches quite well with the second color (a very light beige with a touch of pink), but turns out much more pink than expected :D. To describe the result, it looks like "light raspberry"! Perfect for a child's bedroom, but not for a living-room. Tomorrow, I'm off to the shop to buy something more brownish! Meanwhile, my parents in law are visiting us on Saturday, let's see how they react to the raspberry color! It will be funny I think! :D

cassiesmom
10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
A rant because I'm not sure where else to put this. This is me standing up and yelling: WHY, WHY, WHY are high school students getting KILLED in Chicago?!?! Mayor Daley, I think you should put as much time, effort, brain power and money into stopping our next generation's violence against itself as you did into trying to get Chicago the Olympics.

cassiesmom
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I wonder if anyone saw "Mutts" cartoon in the newspaper today, Sunday, Nov. 1. The first panel shows a pumpkin patch with a big sign "Pick Your Own Pumpkin" and the last panel shows the character at an animal shelter, holding a dog and saying, "Hi, Pumpkin!" It's not on the Web site yet, their archive starts about 2 weeks back. But "Mutts" is one of my favorite cartoons.

cassiesmom
11-28-2009, 07:35 PM
We had a little adventure at work on Wednesday. I am putting it here because I'm not sure where else it should go, and I'm also not sure it deserves its own thread.

I work in a very pet-friendly office. More dogs than cats, but some people have both dogs and cats. Last week there was an e-mail that went around about the Dairyland Greyhound track up in Wisconsin needing to find homes for their dogs, and a second one from a co-worker's family member who adopted a retired greyhound describing some of the criteria for potential adopters.

The IT guy called one of my co-workers Wednesday afternoon. He got a text from his sister, who'd had her dog at the veterinarian. A man came in with two 8-week-old shorthaired pointers that he wanted pts because they had overbites. The vet told the man that was out of the question and offered him some options, like taking them to a shelter or contacting a rescue organization. The man left the puppies there. Our IT guy got a text from his sister - help, one of the pups needs somewhere to go for the weekend. So my co-worker talked to her husband and they started trying to figure out how and when they would get the pup. About an hour later the vet called back -- in less than two hours, both pups had already been rehomed. There were more people willing to take them than there were pups! Overbite, shmoverbite.

cassiesmom
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
A rant because I'm not sure where else to put this. This is me standing up and yelling: WHY, WHY, WHY are high school students getting KILLED in Chicago?!?! Mayor Daley, I think you should put as much time, effort, brain power and money into stopping our next generation's violence against itself as you did into trying to get Chicago the Olympics.

Ahem ... Mister Mayor of Chicago ... the situation is not improving ... are you noticing?

cassiesmom
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Today (Monday 1/25) is Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! Bubble Wrap wasn't invented as packing material, but that is its best-known use. Here's a Bubble Wrap game to celebrate...

http://www.fast-pack.com/popgame/popgame.html

ChrisH
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Bad RA. Someone managed to filch £30 from my bank account. :mad: I'll get it back but that's not the point, it is upsetting and kind of creepy, plus I can't access any of my money until my new card comes through.

Really good RA. Vue cinemas have reached an agreement with Disney so they will be showing AIW and, best of all, my son has said he will take us to the nearest one to see it. :D

cassiesmom
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
It started out as a cloudy day today, but there was some sunshine for a few hours this afternoon. I'm glad it was sunny out, even for part of the day. That helps me when the days are short.

ChrisH
05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
It is 29 years ago today since my husband died. Sometimes it seems like yesterday at others it seems like another life. Pretty odd. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/remoteImage-2.gif

beeniesmom
05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry Chris. Even after 29 years, it's probably very hard.
I just hope it gets easier.

k9krazee
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Taz_Zoee's thread summed up my thoughts for the day "Life is too short for drama & petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly."

We were reminded of this sentiment yesterday when we found out that Rich's Uncle Ed died suddenly when he fell from a ladder and hit his head. :(

On a brighter note, graduation is this Friday.

caseysmom
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry chris...{{hugs}}

Andie
05-08-2010, 12:45 AM
I finally paid my car loan off and it is officially ours!

Too bad it has a cracked head gasket & has been undrivable for a month and a half. :rolleyes: Least we have the title and can sell it to somebody who'll want to put the work/money into it.

carole
05-08-2010, 04:30 AM
it is still a great feeling to have paid off your loan though? hope you can sell it to someone and get a reasonable price for it good luck.

cassiesmom
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Yahoo! Sunny and 36F! Perfect late-December car wash weather in Chicago!

sana
12-29-2010, 09:53 PM
So sorry to hear Chris, it's going to be 30 years, God Bless you and help you through this pain. :( [hugs (loads of them)]

My brother got married on Christmas :) There was a party we attended yesterday, it was for the young couples in my family I guess. My brother and his wife were also invited. We came home, at like 12:50 of the night! :eek: The food was really delicious and I played Wii :D It's awesome! I took loads of pictures, it was awesome! I drank green tea which is highly delicious!

Suki Wingy
12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
I have discovered Goldie Lookin Chain. :D

kokopup
12-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I recieved my Pet Scan results today. I Started treatment 6 years ago this January and now I'm finishing the 6th year cancer FREE.:) Life is Good

cassiesmom
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
i received my pet scan results today. I started treatment 6 years ago this january and now i'm finishing the 6th year cancer free.:) life is good

yay yay yay yay yay! :D :D

wombat2u2004
01-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Been working on my mates roof the last two days.
Tomorrow.......it will be finished :D

Suki Wingy
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I had something messed up with my card and now I have three pending payments to an airline for the same ticket! I need to get those canceled tomorrow!

Alysser
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Only 6 more months of High school. :D Today is the last day of my last winter break from high school. Can't wait till June 20th.

Karen
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Only 6 more months of High school. :D Today is the last day of my last winter break from high school. Can't wait till June 20th.

Are you decided yet where you'll be going next fall? One of my nieces is also in your position, still looking at a myriad of choices, juggling admission deadlines, etc.

Alysser
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Are you decided yet where you'll be going next fall? One of my nieces is also in your position, still looking at a myriad of choices, juggling admission deadlines, etc.

I've sent in all my applications. I applied to 3 total schools. I know where I WANT to go - I'm just waiting to be accepted. I am also thinking about doing 2 years of community college and then 2 years at the school I want to go to just for the simple fact that it will be so much cheaper. The school I want to go to is a private school so it is pretty expensive, but I am waiting to see what I get in scholarships from there as well.

Also, the state schools I applied to would require boarding my first year (1 just makes freshmen dorm there and 1 is too far to commute), so they would be about the same as the Private would be without dorming, but I can commute to the Private school easily, so that would be a whole lot cheaper then the state schools anyway plus the scholarship. I am expecting to get at least $7,000 but I know that's not a guarantee of course.

wombat2u2004
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
April my daughter has now been accepted into Psychology at the University of New England.
Now she wants me to kick the tenant out of house No.2, so she and her friends can live a university party life rent free.
BUT....dad has different plans.....they pay rent !!!!! :D

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello, PT! I sure missed you yesterday while I was snowed in! But I thought about all of you, and your dogs, cats, bunnies, horses, fish, birds and other creatures... and that helped a LOT!

Thinking of you,
Elyse

Suki Wingy
02-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Where were you stuck that you didn't have access to the Internet?

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Where were you stuck that you didn't have access to the Internet?

At home. I think because of the wind (?) I just couldn't get a dependable connection. Had power but couldn't connect.

wombat2u2004
02-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Hello, PT! I sure missed you yesterday while I was snowed in! But I thought about all of you, and your dogs, cats, bunnies, horses, fish, birds and other creatures... and that helped a LOT!

Thinking of you,
Elyse

Hey Elyse,
Can you send me some of that snow stuff ???
It's just that I'm laying by the pool at the moment, and I'm too lazy to get up for some ice cubes from the fridge to cool my beer down. :p

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs781.ash1/167167_1684698168906_1581206108_1552479_6938843_n. jpg
(source: Facebook)

Suki Wingy
02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
At home. I think because of the wind (?) I just couldn't get a dependable connection. Had power but couldn't connect.

Oh that really sucks! I'm glad you have it back now! We didn't have it too bad, just some wind and about two or three inches but I know how bad Chicago got it since most of my friends still live around there.

Suki Wingy
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I am not able to sleep in any more because of Shaza and her cardboard box she has to always be nibbling on!

lizbud
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs781.ash1/167167_1684698168906_1581206108_1552479_6938843_n. jpg
(source: Facebook)

I saw that picture on the local news last night. LOL :D No enough hands
to suit me.:p:p LOL :D

Karen
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I saw that picture on the local news last night. LOL :D No enough hands
to suit me.:p:p LOL :D

The other people aren't tall enough to be seen above the snowbank!

ChrisH
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
It's been decided, we are getting our dragon! I am so happy about this ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12391139

... and so looking forward to it becoming a reality. :D

finn's mom
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I started a part time job last night, taking photos of fans at the Dallas Mavericks and Stars games, and it includes the Texas Rangers games as well. I enjoyed it last night, meeting my quota in about three hours. Not bad for a first time, apparently. Got three more games this week! :) It's nice, because it doesn't require us getting a nanny for Clara. :)

cassiesmom
02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Finn's Mom, how is the job going?

I was at my mom and dad's house today... saw a woodpecker in their back yard! I tried to take a picture of it, but it was flitting from branch to branch too quickly for me to press the button.

kokopup
03-28-2011, 11:46 PM
I have listened to a yelping dog today while I was working on clearing the downed limbs from my timber cut. The one that Yelped at me all day to day was my sons dog Desi. Saturday, I listened to another dog, a laberdoodle. It does have a very unpleasant yelp, it is sort of like Desi, a Chihuahua, but on steroids. How can any dog yelp for 6 hours no stop.:(:(

pomtzu
04-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I couldn't let this April Fool's Day go by without remembering my dear departed friend, Phil, on what would have been his 76th birthday. I miss you and think of you often. You were taken way too soon. :(

ChrisH
04-06-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html

happylabs
04-06-2011, 08:48 AM

How true! And very appropriate for this time of year. :)

captain
04-06-2011, 10:23 PM

I saw that yesterday in our paper here in Australia - made me LOL!

cassiesmom
04-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Went to a family wedding shower today and saw lots of my cousins. It was nice to see them all at a happy occasion! :)

cassiesmom
04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I think I'll go!

http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/CZS/Brookfield/Events/Cat-Awareness-Weekend

Roxyluvsme13
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I have a serious procrastinating problem. And all of the solutions I read about are not working for me :/

Karen
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Make a list of everything you need to do tomorrow at night before you go to bed, and read it first thing in the morning. List everything that you should get done, be realistic, and keep the list with you to cross things off as you get them done. Might help ...

Roxyluvsme13
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Make a list of everything you need to do tomorrow at night before you go to bed, and read it first thing in the morning. List everything that you should get done, be realistic, and keep the list with you to cross things off as you get them done. Might help ...
Yeah, the list thing totally worked for a little while, but then I started procrastinating looking at the list :p. Maybe I'll try writing out the lists this time though, they were on my computer before.

Karen
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah, the list thing totally worked for a little while, but then I started procrastinating looking at the list :p. Maybe I'll try writing out the lists this time though, they were on my computer before.

Yeah, it's more satisfying to cross out an item, pen to paper, than hit the delete key, I think!

Roxyluvsme13
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, it's more satisfying to cross out an item, pen to paper, than hit the delete key, I think!
Quite true. Thanks for the tip, Karen!

Suki Wingy
04-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Ok, so this probably won't make much sense to many people here but I'm rather involved in the fandom for my favorite show, Doctor Who. It is about to start its 32nd season in ten days. It ran from 1963-1989 and then had a made for TV movie in 1996, then was revived in 2005 and ran for four seasons, then had a year of four specials. Then in spring 2010 the 31st (or 5th) season happened.

We've been doing a Classic Doctor Who spam over on Tumblr today since so many fans refuse to even acknowledge the fact that there are 26 seasons and a movie that came before the show was revived in 2005. Still, the Doctor Who tag was only about 30% classic. I absolutely spammed it with a liveblog (taking and posting screenshots with commentary or just quotes as I watch it) of The Enemy Within, which is the TV Movie from 1996. :)

I think there is just SO much new Who being posted right now because main cast and executive director Steven Moffat just came to New York to show an advanced screening of the first story (two episodes) so there was a LOT of noise made about that.

It's not that I don't like the new stuff, I love it. It just annoys me a bit that so many fans don't even have the slightest desire to check out where the show came from. It's got so many different eras and they are all great in their own way. Sure the show didn't have a big budget but it was often times very cleverly written, with political statements slipped in in a way that is unobtrusive and actually fun to watch. The low budget often times lead to very creative prop and costume making.

cassiesmom
06-23-2011, 03:44 AM
I know I'm not the only music/choir/musical theater fan on PT. So... if you enjoy musical theater, or if you're a fan of Neil Patrick Harris -- hunt down a cinema that's showing the production of "Stephen Sondheim's Company" that was filmed at Lincoln Center in April. It's being shown nationally, but not every day and not at a large number of movie houses. There have been 4 showings so far and they've added four more.

I've only seen half of it - I went with my mom and a strong storm knocked out the power to not only the theater but the entire block. But what I saw, I really enjoyed!

Here's a clip from the Tony Awards...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKy678J_jI

Here's the site with information, photos and video ...
http://nyphil.org/concertsTicks/companyonscreen.cfm

Tickets are $18. GO SEE IT!

cassiesmom
11-22-2011, 10:58 PM
So I have a friend from church choir who sings in the opera chorus ... and he's an understudy for one of this year's productions ... and the person he is understudying hurt his back and can't go on ... so my friend gets to go on in the role! YAY!!

Karen
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow, that's every understudy's dream!