PDA

View Full Version : I am BLOWN away!

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I am just sitting here at the computer, visiting my favorite pet board and I look up and LOOKIE what I see!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2075.jpg

AMY is ON the perch! How she got up there, I have no idea... How she thinks she will get down, I haven't a clue. The last time she was up there, she fell off of it and hasn't went near it since. This little girl NEVER gives up! Just when you think it is hopeless and she needs around the clock care.. BHAM! What a determined little sweetheart she is and she never quits amazing me at what she does... This has topped the cake though. I was sure I would never see this again...

Corinna
03-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Way to go Amy keep mom guessing

jackie
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Cute pics, is Amy declawed? Why does she have trouble getting up or down?

Randi
03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
What a fantastic view you have, she's such a sweetheart. :) I bet you had to get up and give her some kisses. ;)

jazzcat
03-26-2006, 11:10 AM
AWWW, sweet Amy! She's just full of surprises. I'm glad to see she is doing better Laura.

Scritches and smooches for that sweetie!

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Jackie, Amy has CH as described below:
Cerebellar Hypoplasia
The cerebellum is the portion of the brain responsible for the control of motion. When a puppy or kitten is born with an underdeveloped cerebellum, the condition is known as congenital cerebellar hypoplasia. There are infectious causes of this condition in both cats (panleukopenia infection prior to birth) and dogs (herpes virus infection prior to birth). Improper development of the cerebellum may occur due to injury, poisoning or just from an accident in development in the uterus. It is generally possible to see signs of this condition almost as soon as the puppy or kitten is born. Affected animals have tremors and unusual jerky movements or may fall down when they try to move. The symptoms do not get worse as they age. As the kitten or puppy grows it will learn to compensate for its condition but there are usually lifelong signs of a decreased ability to coordinate movement. Almost all dogs and cats with congenital cerebellar hypoplasia can live happily as pets with a little special care to compensate for their disabilities. This condition can be confused with cerebellar abiotrophy, a different disorder in dogs in which the puppy has a normal cerebellum at birth but it gradually dies. Signs of disease identical to cerebellar hypoplasia occur but the timing is different. Puppies with this condition seem normal at birth but usually start to show signs of problems after they are 2 months or more of age.

Randi, not only did she get kisses, I took pictures! Had to tell her how proud Mommie was to see her feeling so good! One day I am holding her crying because she can't hardly get around and the next day.... THIS!

jenluckenbach
03-26-2006, 11:33 AM
What a proud (and rightfully so) young lady. You GO Amy! :cool:

catmandu
03-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Amy Is Living Proof That When A Cat Wants To Do Something,that They Will Find A Way.
The Found Cats Are The Same,especially If They Sense That Its Something Like I Dont Want Them To Do.

orangemm
03-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Dear sweet Amy, you look like the proverbial cat who swallowed the canary! You go, girl, keep Meowmie on her toes!! ;)

momcat
03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Awright Amy!!! You must be quite proud of yourself getting up to the top and surprising Meowmie like that!!! Way to go, girl :D :D :D

catcrazylady
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh Laura its so good to see that beautiful and sweet Amy! She looks so content high on her perch. She is probably wondering why you are so surprised! ;) They never cease to amaze me. They truly have no concept of what a handicap is, do they? The things we could learn from these incredible creatures.

catnapper
03-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Yay Amy! You look so proud - and you should! Keep it up little girl!

rosethecopycat
03-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Simple gifts. :)

Laura's Babies
03-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Mike confessed to me last night that he has prayed for God to cure her or take her. I told him I don't pray for a cure for her because I think she was sent to me to teach me many lessons. What she has taught me is to NEVER give up, set your goals and work until you accomplish them....like she does! I have loved cats all my life but what I feel for her goes beyond love, she has taught me compassion and patience and to never give up hope, just when it looks hopeless, it can get better fast but also, when things are good, tomorrow, without reason, they can get bad.. Just so many lessons from such a little bundle of love! She has really made me think about things that I take for granted.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I SWEAR AMY IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

just look at those black paw pads tucked in those white pawsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*KISS*KISS*KISS*KISS*