PDA

View Full Version : It was a Horrendous Crash

shais_mom
03-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I hope it isn't in the air or the weather or anything but my parents and I were in an accident this afternoon totaling their van.
We were coming home from a bday party this afternoon sitting at a stop light, I was in the middle passenger seat reading and heard a loud VRRROOOOMMMMM and BAM. I was tossed forward and my mom's seat came back and I hit the top of my head on the back of her seat. Both seats broke backward and looked like they were sitting way down low. The back bench seat was up at an angle. We were ok. We stopped at the emergency room on the way home and got checked out. Very sore but otherwise ok. The other driver was taken to the hospital - not entirely sure what all was wrong with him - he was drunk, had no insurance and trying to pass a whole line of cars on the passenger sides of the cars doing about 55 or 60mph. And mind you we were stopped at a red light, if he wouldn't have hit us he would have went right into an intersection where there were tons of semi's turning into a truck stop. He had a passenger that I will just say was in the country illegally and he jumped out of the truck and tried to crawl under the guard rail to run across the field, a passerby grabbed him and made him stay, then he tried to sneak off to a fast food restaraunt and was caught again. When the troopers got there they shut him in the squad car so he wouldn't go anywhere again.
I called 911- they had several calls for the accident. I called my sister to come get us.
Here are some pics of the van.
Notice the fireman in one of the pics- wonder what RICHARD will say. ;)
I have a headache, sore neck and middle back, and my right hip is sore. Just got out of a hot bath and am going to ice myself down and go to bed.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9Qas2bFs1UTHg

luvofallhorses
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
:eek: :( I am glad you are all OK! ((hugs))

slick
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM
:eek: Oh Staci, thank God you are all OK and thank God they caught the driver. Get to your doctor or the ER tomorrow. You need to get your injuries recorded asap. Good luck and please keep me posted by email. {{{hugs}}}
slick
xo

shais_mom
03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
:eek: Oh Staci, thank God you are all OK and thank God they caught the driver. Get to your doctor or the ER tomorrow. You need to get your injuries recorded asap. Good luck and please keep me posted by email. {{{hugs}}}
slick
xo
my parents and I were seen in their local ER and checked out with muscle strains
:)
Thanks hons!

Cinder & Smoke
03-25-2006, 11:49 PM
:eek:

OUWIE!! :(

Glad you weren't badly hurt - you all could have been!

(Ask her what she wasn't wearing - kuz she "was in the back seat"!) :rolleyes:

Seems like it was a Bad Week for year 2000 vehicles - first Kimmy, now you guys! :(

FireMen??
How Many did you collect?
Any "cute" ones??

:p

shais_mom
03-26-2006, 12:24 AM
:eek:

OUWIE!! :(

Glad you weren't badly hurt - you all could have been!

(Ask her what she wasn't wearing - kuz she "was in the back seat"!) :rolleyes:

Seems like it was a Bad Week for year 2000 vehicles - first Kimmy, now you guys! :(

FireMen??
How Many did you collect?
Any "cute" ones??

yea well - lesson learned. quite honestly - If I would have had the seatbelt on in that seat - it was usually so tight across your neck/chest area I might have ended up with injuries to my throat/neck.
I just Thank God that we didn't have anything in the backend - like Keegan - when we travel with her in my parents van she rides in the crate back there - she would have been killed and I would tried to kill him I'm sure.

:mad:
Idiot- when a fireman reached in to get him out he kicked him and scraped up his knuckles. Yea that made him happy. :eek: There might have been some cute ones but I was so shook up I didn't pay attention so I didn't keep any of them! ;)
Oh Well, we are ok - and hindsite is 20/20 and you always look back and say "what if".

Cinder & Smoke
03-26-2006, 01:25 AM
FireMen ...
There might have been some cute ones,
but I was so shook up I didn't pay attention -
so I didn't keep any of them! ;)

:rolleyes:

Good Grief!

The "Golden Opportunity" and you're too *shook up* to participate!

THANKFully, these "opportinities" don't present frequently ...
you need to take advantage of em when they DO happen.

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I'm glad that you and your parents are okay though. I hope you're not too sore and please take care. (((HUGS)))

Miss Z
03-26-2006, 04:35 AM
I'm really glad that you and your parents are OK! That really proves how dangerous drink driving is. I hope that guy has learnt his lesson, and I hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest!

Pam
03-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Staci thank God you are OK! I can't even imagine being slammed that hard to do that much damage to a minivan. I don't even want to think of what kind of injury you might have had if you were in a smaller car like a compact car. I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him :mad: and I hope you and your parents don't have any long lasting problems as a result of this. (((hugs)))

Daisy and Delilah
03-26-2006, 07:08 AM
What a scare Staci!! I'm sending prayers and thoughts your way.
(((((HUGS)))))

Felix
03-26-2006, 07:33 AM
WOW :eek: Im so happy to hear that everyone is ok.(((Hugs)))

4 Dog Mother
03-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Oh, Staci, thank God you are all ok. I have to say I am really bad about wearing seat belts in the back seat. Like I am more protected back there or something. As fast as he had to be going, it's a miracle you weren't thrown around more or even out of the van. I am sure you are going to be very sore for a few days. Hugs to you and your mom and dad!

And thank God Keegan wasn't with you!

Karen
03-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I am glad you are all three basically okay. Hey, you can still take the opportunity to thank the firemen - you know, bring 'em cookies and check 'em out now that you're more clear-headed! ;)

K9soul
03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Thank God you and your parents are ok (other than the emotional trauma of it of course :(). Gentle hugs to you Staci.

Lori Jordan
03-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Thank God you were ok

Laura's Babies
03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I would wait a few days before I breathe a sigh of relief for anybody... Some injuries take a few days to show up.

The night Rie was rear ended in just about the EXACT same way, we took her to ER to get checked out and everything checked out normal. Several days later she started having some real bad pain in her arm.... Ended up having to have surgery on her shoulder TWICE! So give it a few more days for all of you that were in the van....

I just thank God you all walked away from that scene! Thank you Jesus!

lizbud
03-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow, what a wreck. :( I sure hope it's not something in the air.
I'm glag you all were not seriously hurt.Just thinking about the possibilty
of Keegan being in the back of that wreck is very scary.

moosmom
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Staci,

Glad everyone is okay for the most part. I hope they throw the book at the idiot who caused the crash. I'm SURE it isn't his first DUI and it won't be his last!! Jerk!! :mad:

gini
03-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh Staci, I just saw this post. Thank God you and your parents are alright.
But just the same, an auto accident is something that really shakes you up.

I sure hope that you don't end up with anything more serious than some very sore muscles.

Now, let's go back to Karen's idea about baking some cookies for those firemen! ;) ;)

Corinna
03-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear your ok. Hope you can get somethingfrom the other driver. may have to get mean and sue. My daughter did still getting small payments form the guy. after 4 years.

ChrisH
03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Oh, my!! Thank God you are all ok! {{hugs}}

RobiLee
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Staci, I'm so glad you are ok!!! That had to be so scary. Thank God you and your parents are well. I hope you guys aren't too sore today. Take care!!

pitc9
03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I am glad you are all three basically okay. Hey, you can still take the opportunity to thank the firemen - you know, bring 'em cookies and check 'em out now that you're more clear-headed! ;)
Ohhh... there's a good idea!

I'm glad you all are okay!! Thank goD that Keegan was not with you!

jazzcat
03-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm so glad you were all okay.

Uabassoon
03-26-2006, 11:38 AM
How are you feeling today? I hope you were able to get the day off and get some rest, I know it can often take a while for muscle pain to set it.

shais_mom
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
well I don't work until tonite at 11 but I feel much better today then last nite.
Sleep works wonders. :)
on phone with Mom and dad and they are feeling just a bit stiff but otherwise ok.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-26-2006, 12:00 PM
OMG, that could have been a 100 times worse!! You all have a very good gardian Angel!!

shais_mom
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
My dad saw the truck coming and stiffened up of course - so he's pretty sore - I heard it coming and wondered what it was then bam -
it could have been so much worse...

kimlovescats
03-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh Staci! Thank GOD you are all OK! :eek:

HUGS,
Kim

Cincy'sMom
03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
How scary and painful!!! I'm glad you guys are all okay! I too am horrible about wearing a set belt in the back seat...I don't think I had it on at all when I travelled with my parents this week! I'll certainly think twice now!

shais_mom
03-27-2006, 05:54 PM
we are all feeling better.
My parents are borrowing my aunt's car for a while until they have time to go look for a new van..

*LabLoverKEB*
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh Gosh... Staci I am extremley thankful that none of you were hurt. Thank God for that one! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Gosh, how did I miss this! Staci, I'm so glad you and your parents are ok, and so glad Keegan wasn't with you! I have no sympathy what-so-ever for drunk drivers. They deserve everything they get, the sad part is they usually end up taking out some innocents while they're at it. :mad:

As for wearing your seat belt in the back seat - DO IT! Especially if you're in an SUV which has a higher chance of rollover. When there is a rollover, all bets are off and possibly the only thing that will save you is a seat belt - front or back seat. When my parents had their accident, my stubborn old man of a dad didn't have his seat belt on. They were in a Jeep Grand Cherokee when a pick up truck going the other way hydro-planed and came cross ways into their lane. They t-boned it and immediately flipped over. My dad, was in the driver's seat one second, the next second he was in the back seat - on the passenger side! He is a big man and how he got through/over/around the front seats is still a mystery. All I know is he almost died 3 times (they were able to "bring him back" each time) because he didn't have his seat belt on. So it doesn't matter, front or back seat, wear your seat belt in the event of a roll over or to prevent being ejected from the car. And don't forget cars roll over too.

Ok, sorry, off my soap box now. ;)

I'm just glad you are all ok. Hopefully Idiot is feeling a little more pain - in more ways than one. ;)

Oggyflute
03-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Glad you are all OK Staci.

cyber-sibes
03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
:eek: OMG! i'm just now seeing this, Staci, how are you today? thank God you & your parents weren't hurt. What is with drivers lately? (I have two close friends whose families have lost teenagers in car crashes in the last month :( ) i'm soooo glad you are alright!

shais_mom
03-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I am feeling fine. My head is still a bit sore but other then that I'm ok.
My parents are fairing well too. I saw my chiropractor today and he put me back in alignment :)

lv4dogs
03-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh, I am just now seeing this. How scary. I'm glad to hear that you & your family are ok. hugs Staci

Logan
03-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Staci, I'm just seeing this, too. I'm so glad you are all ok. :)

RICHARD
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I look at this two ways.

One, hang with Staci, you will get firemen. :eek:

Two, hang with Staci? You get fireman. ;)

Glad to hear you are all O.K.

Note to self.
Staci is a fricking Fireman magnet. :D

shais_mom
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Note to self.
Staci is a fricking Fireman magnet. :D

Iffin that were true - I wouldn't be SINGLE! ;)

RICHARD
03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Iffin that were true - I wouldn't be SINGLE! ;)

I know this joke has already been used but I thought it was too funny to pass up....

"Aren't you supposed to date a fireman before you introduce them to your parents?"

ramanth
03-30-2006, 07:24 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :( :(

Holy Beejeezees!!! What is it with people lately? First Christa, then me, now you!?!?

Ouch!!! I'm so glad no one was hurt seriously. I'm still aching from my 20 mph hit. Glad you guys went to the ER to get checked out.

*HUGS*

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. And I'm jealous. I didn't get any fireman. Just an old police officer. :p

anna_66
03-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Good grief! What's up with these accidents?!

Sorry I didn't hear about this before now Staci, I was at my parents in SC.

I'm so glad to hear that you and your parents are all doing ok. Hope that stiffness has went away!

Geeze! I just looked at the pictures...sure glad you all weren't hurt more than you were :eek:

Big {{{HUGS}}}

Randi
03-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Staci, I'm glad you're OK! :) It must have quite a shocking experience. What a relief that Keegan wasn't with you!